Watch

The Great Below

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Robert Longstreet

"Hey kid, you got any change?"

Moments later the gullible college student was writhing in Longstreet's grasp, pinned to a wall in some back alley near his ultimate goal - the Necropolis. The way the Haunt saw it, he was merely collecting payment for a vaaluable life lesson: don't walk the streets alone in the night. He was careful not to take too much and to erase the bite marks with a lick. To keep up the facade he took whatever measly money the guy had in his wallet and his phone, the latter of which he threw out in some dumpster.

The rush of blood did little to conceal a fundamental fact: his Family was scattered. Cross was out doing business with the Alchemists, Alice was on ice in the Nox, and Cynthia... well, he didn't really know about Cynthia. Her being in the Necropolis is a pretty safe bet, so that's where he went in the hopes of finding the woman his brother praised so much. If he won't, well, at least he'll have a peaceful night at the Caldarium. As he descended from the stairs and walked the now-familiar corridors, he looked around, trying not to miss any chamber or passage.

Where art thou, Cynthia Weiss?

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-11 17:47:57 Robert Longstreet rolls 9 to Feeding (Str 3 + Subterfuge 1 + Vigor 2 + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 6, 5, 3, 9, 7, 3, 8, 8 3 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia rammed into the cardboard box with her shoulder, forcing it with the rest that now lined the wall. There was always the option of using The Blood of making it easier, but bringing herself closer to hunger was something she hated. She stood back and started to feel a small hint of accomplishment. It took her far longer than she had imagined, but the way to the Trash Pit had been cleared and the sound of water pouring into the muck could be heard once more echoing faintly through the catacombs. Most of the junk blocking the way was collected and left in the boxes that were now shoved into the far side of the room. Someone was bound to find something useful in them.

She turned and sat on one of the boxes filled with shredded clothing she found. The Artist felt like she was owed a break, even if she would need to clean up before hunting the streets for something to feed on.

R
    Robert Longstreet

Even with his non-heightened senses the smell of chemicals hanging in the air was apparent. After a moment, another stimulus joined it - a sound of... water? It was enough of a surprise to Longstreet (and even out of context the two are quite the unusual pair) that he heads towards the source, the thuds of his boots audible from some distance. The union of scent and sound takes him to the Trash Pit, now cleared and operational, as far as plumbing goes. And it seems the author of this achievement is sitting right here, on one of the boxes.

"Ah! There you are! Brother Cross mentioned you wanted to poke around the Garbage Pit, but to see you finished so fast... it seems he was right to praise you" This slight indiscretion is fully justified in the eyes of the Haunt. He smiles, to a rather grotesque effect and takes one of the filled boxes as a provisional chair.

"We've met very briefly, I don't know if you remember me. Longstreet. Robert Longstreet." He takes a moment to position himself right in front of the goth woman "How do you find Sacramento so far, Cynthia?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia braced herself the moment she heard footsteps. They did not sound like Robert Cross's and they were obviously too heavy to belong to Alice. was a bit surprised to see that it was Longstreet that entered the Pit. There was a brief flash of hostility deep within, but it was easy to brush aside a pale imitation of their first meeting. "Longstreet? Glade to see you are back up again." The mention of praise did throw her off. The haunt did not think she left Cross with a good impression. "Honestly it took a lot longer than I had expected. Thankfully it was mostly the cave in and a backed up pipe I had to deal with." She explained with a shrug.

"Good enough so far I suppose."
    The artist continued. "Starting to get a bit worried I'm stretchering myself a bit thin" She shifted herself around on her improvised seat, ignoring the creak of cardboard. "You holding up OK? Torpor is a hell of a thing. Especially when you get beaten into it." It sounded like an experience she was familiar with.

R
    Robert Longstreet

As she spoke, Cynthia's face remained like the surface of a stone, unreadable and calm. An interesting contrast, given the storm of flamboyant color that was her hair. "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" he says with a smile that is one part the oy of being awake and two parts cynicism. "Still, wish I was there to help you with the heavy lifting. But you did good. Like at that meeting with the Alchemists. When we go meet Armitage we will need that kind of cool head" Longstreet is definitely not used to complimenting people, especially women, but... points for trying?

When the Artist continues, his own face shifts from stillness to incomprehension and back again "Stretching thin? What do you mean by that?" After a beat or two. "Could be better, could be worse" The claw scars still sting, though. "You sound like you speak from experience. Used to getting into trouble in... wherever you're from?" Another social deficiency: ice-breakers. Gotta work on those.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Psychopaths haven't taking over the city so that's more than enough help." Cynthia replied with a shrug and a smirk. Evidently the social awkwardness of her clan was something Cynthia was used to. "Still, felt like that could have gone a lot better. Of course it could have ended a lot worse." The coying scent of gasoline and bitter almonds grew stronger for a moment, as if to punctuate.

The artist deflated a bit, the smirk fading. "Just haven't had the chance to really settle down. Splitting your attention between digging and helping anyone that asks can really split your attention."

"I used to travel a lot early on in my Requiem." She explained, leaning back a bit in her chair with a frown now. "One of the things you learn: Not everyone can keep their shit together on the first meeting" She cringed a bit as memories of being on the receiving end of a frenzying vampires wrath came to mind. "Take it this wasn't your first time?"

R
    Robert Longstreet

He nods in agreement when Cynthia mentions the "psychopaths" - presumably meaning the Brood - and commenting on the outcome of the encounter. He is, however, a little surprised when she mentions settling down. "I... think I can relate. Been pretty busy since I got here, too. Still, wouldn't have it any other way. We are what we do, after all, and besides - settling down is not really an option for someone able to carry on forever." He half-decided to end that one with a thoughtful smile - or what passed for it - but ultimately didn't. "Plus, even someone as politically inept as me knows that helping others means hoarding favors. One hand washes the other and all that." There's that delayed smile.

"You're some kind of artist? Singer? Poet?" He doesn't know the first thing about fine arts, but them artistic types do tend to travel all around the place. "Making a tour or setting up shop?" As Cynthia recounts the life lesson he finds himself agreeing silently, again. "Second. First was back in San Diego, we set up a meeting with some Daeva fucker to settle... Church business. He never showed, but his pals did. I was lucky to have some people of my own, or we wouldn't be talking right now" He forces himself to look cheerful, despite the stinging memories. "Took us a month to track that Daeva down. Still remember the screams" To almost all people alive today and at least a fine portion of vampires such a memory would be unpleasant at best. To him, it seems, it's just a fact that happened.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded. "True. The trade of favours is always helpful. Hell I might get a few for all of this." She said with a flourish of her hand, indicating the piles of boxes holding trash and the toxic quagmire of sewerage. There was a low laugh than followed that up.

"Painter." She Answered. "Planning to setting up some space to get working again. Figured a new domain might inspire a few new pieces out of me. Better than moping around San Francisco for another decade." She cringed a bit when his beating was brought up. "Well. At least you had someone to get you out before someone ended you." She looked away from Longstreet for a moment, unnerved by how plainly he explained the daevas fate and his presence in general only amplified that feeling. Even those that shared The Lonely Curse were not immune to its effects.

"I also play guitar." She rather abruptly added, a sudden swerve to the conversation. "Prefer electric but I haven't found a decent one in a while."

R
    Robert Longstreet

When Cynthia laughs, so does Longstreet, not really knowing why. Maybe out of the very sensible realization it will help build some bridges between them? At least taht's what he's trying to accomplish.

Shit, interpersonal relations are way easier when one party is chained to a wall.

"I'm sure you will. If you ever need a debt collected or a bank robbed, you know where to find me." He says with a grin, apparently content with the abysmal joke he just made. It's all shrugged off, however, as the Artist corrects him as to her field of expertise. "A painter, huh? What do you paint? In layman's terms please, the closest I ever been to fine art is when we broke into a museum to steal some" He stays silent for a moment, noticing the other Haunt looking away, guessing the reason is the story he just told. "So it's inspiration you chase? How's that happen? And you're right, I was lucky to have someone by my side. You have any people of your own, Cynthia? Family, coterie mates? Or are you a free spirit?" Longstreet feels he's entering the land of Touchy Subects, but hell - they're the Damned, they all have painful pasts.

Or do they?

"Well, that I can't help you with. One of the reason is I don't have the slightest clue what makes a good electric guitar." Look at that, some subtlety after all. A question wrapped up as a statement of fact.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Well you're definitely an interesting member of the church." The Artist could not recall the last time someone from the Lancea Et Sanctum was this open about their activities to her. Maybe that feeling she was getting was not part of the curse...

"But yeah. Painting. I dabbled in a few styles over the years. During my last years in San Fran it was mostly Abstract....Which is a bit tricky to explain." She added with a shrug. "Here though? Might do something different. Not sure what yet though. When the time comes I might show you something." Cynthia was not used to talking much about her art. Then her features fell a little again. Memories coming back "Had a coterie some time ago. We posed as a band to help with travel, part of the reason I know guitar. Then like any group of Kindred forced to cram themselves in a van for a decade we got sick of each other." She tried to keep her face blank, but a bit of pain and sadness leaked through. "...Didn't feel like travelling for a while after that."

She perked up a bit when the conversation changed again. Something different to focus on. "Not sounding like shit is the first one obviously." The goth said with a smile. "Also a laundry list of other things, but that ones the most important. You have any interests or are you a workaholic as well?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.