Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Alien Call) A Little Talk...

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The hunchback finds a table in a little alcove. Shadows crowd around it. A wall lamp offers baroque illumination. Radzinsky seems to shrivel into his seat, almost glaring through the greasy fringe flopping over his face. His nose wrinkles. He rubs, then squeezes it. Perhaps he hasn't identified Cross as the source of the stink.

"Sanchez and Tombs did not show. I had another buyer pull out all of a sudden. So. Lucky you."

He toyed with the drink Cross had bought him, and leaned closer.

RADZINSKY
    The Alchemist Sellout and Shard

Status 2 (Academics)
    Subterfuge 1

@Robert Cross unlimited sink I have moved our conversation here. For Continuity purposes, this occurs at the same time as Man In Black III

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross takes his seat at the table, his full attention on the hunchback now. Horribly scarred face impassive. And he's leaning in close so Radzinsky can get a good look. The Blush he has on isn't doing him any favors. He's just as disfigured alive as he is dead.

When he speaks, his gravelly voice is pitched low: "Yes, lucky me. And lucky you too, I think." After all, a seller without a buyer is a sorry thing.

"So let's talk about it. I'd like to know a little more about the merchandise. Make sure it's everything I've heard it is..."

No need to talk money or terms of exchange just yet, Cross figures. Might as well ease his way into this conversation.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Radzinsky sniffs and pinches his nose again. Still none the wiser to the source of the irritating smell.

"Lets start with what you heard. That way I can better cut through the bull that builds up around sales like this one."

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-06 02:59:23 Radzinsky to keep his game face rolls 5 to Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 8, 3, 10, 2, 2, 6 2 successes

He laid his palms flat on the table and stared into the Burned Man's face.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross leans back, giving Radzinsky a sly look.

"Well."

He smiles. It is hard to watch.

"What I heard was from Sanchez and Tombs. And colored by their...preoccupations. They mentioned it was a very rare manuscript. Detailing some unnatural Things. And possibly how to deal with those things." A beat.

"Mind you, those two believe in some...interesting stories. My own interests are along the lines of collecting. You understand?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-06 09:53:06 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Wits3 + Subterfuge2 (10 Again) 8, 7, 4, 6, 4 1 success

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Radzinsky nodded along slowly. Very slowly.

"Its a monster hunting almanac. 1614. Prague. German. Proper printed text, even has a water mark. Looks like there were organised monster hunting outfits even back then. I don't think its fake. But I guess what will get your interest is that it is in good condition and order."

The hunchback was watching Cross carefully.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-07 17:09:54 Radzinsky to study the buyer rolls 7 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 9, 8, 2, 3, 10, 5, 4 3 successes

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross looks interested. Very interested. Though for reasons other than those Radzinsky may imagine. The Burned Man regards the hunchback with something approaching a predatory light in his cold, blue eyes.

"Monster hunting?" Cross repeats softly. "Yes, that sounds about right. And if the condition is as good as you say, I'm interested." A pause as the Burned Man seems to consider things further.

"When can I see the item?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-10 08:54:06 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Wits3 + Subterfuge2 (10 Again) 8, 7, 3, 6, 6 1 success

The Burned Man definitely seems engaged. Even eager to get his hands on this book. But why?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Radzinsky twisted in his seat while he leaned back from the table. He was still staring. Hands, fingers wriggling like worms, slid into his jacket and he pulled out some creased sheaves of paper. These he slid across the table.

"I took the trouble of obtaining some facsimiles. Take a look."

The papers were copies of some of the pages and plates. The woodblock pictures did indeed look like something from a witch hunters manuel. The text was in german on an apparently well preserved page.

"Heh. They made those old books to last," the hunchback commented. He was digging around in his jacket once more, this time for a little pocketbook.

"Well. You are in luck. I have a little showing, here, on _____ at _____. You might as well turn up then." Radzinsky leered. "You'll get a chance to look at your competition, too."

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross accepts the papers and busies himself with examining them. Everything seems legitimate, but then again he's an amateur.

When the hunchback makes his comment about the book's longevity, Cross grunts his agreement and looks up from the pages.

Extracting a pen from his jacket pocket, the Burned Man writes down the date and time for show and tell on the back of the paper. "Very good," he replies, folding the facsimiles and placing them in his pocket along with the pen.

"I may bring an associate of mine, if that suits you. Someone to consult with."

And to help if we should need to deal with this competition.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Of course," the hunchback replies carefully. "I would not have expected anything less."

He watching the Burned Man again.

"Is there... Anything else?"

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

"No, nothing at the moment," the Burned Man replies. "I look forward to doing business with you, Mr. Radzinsky."

And with that, if the hunchback has nothing else to add, Cross will take his leave.

Good to wrap if you are!

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread