Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

(Cheap Eats)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Diner over at (address) fits the bill of an old 1940's era recreation. Red, glossy-topped stools line the counter and old-fashioned nostalgia lines the walls. The jukebox in the corner plays a Bing Crosby album. A polite, middle aged-woman takes orders and calls them back to the kitchen, where a gruff voice occasionally bellows back in response. It's the perfect kind of place for someone without a whole lot of money to find something to eat. In typical Diner style, burgers and fries and club sandwiches are turned out every few minutes. Arteries be damned.

Quick, wearing a blue polo shirt and khaki shorts, walks through the door. As he's accustomed to doing, he's also wearing his 'game face'. He smiles and waves when he sees the woman behind the counter. She seems busy, with a phone stuck to her ear.

"Sit anywhere?"

She nods in response, giving him the 'one sec' gesture. Quick settles into one of the booths off to the side and looks over a menu. Picking up a plastic laminated menu, he browses through the various tasty, fattening options. Good thing every day is cardio day.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

1 Glamour spent to Harden Mask.

L
    Lev

The establishment looked like an inexpensive place that will feed him some cheap unhealthy food capable of keeping him going till his evening meeting. And who cares what the food is when you are hungry, and your wallet does not give you a plethora of options.

Obeying the force of habit, Lev turned his head both ways, eyeing the patrons. Making sure there’s no Lost, or other “unnaturals” (whatever they may be… he heard about the others, but never met one), the Beast made his way to the counter, growled his much to loud “Good day!” and ordered a burger, fries and a glass of tomato juice to wash it all down. After talking to the woman, he found himself a free table, and sat there waiting, looking out of the window and idly toying with the salt shaker.

Lev did not make a habit out of strengthening his Mask any time he entered a public place, so his entrance could not be called subtle to the eyes of any Changelings present.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick nearly does a double take as his eyes drift from 'Reuben Sandwich' on the menu and the man who comes through the door. The guy looks, well, a lot like a lion. He studies the newcomer for a moment, trying to pick up on what Season the guy ascribes to. Maybe it's one of those more subtle Mantles like - ugh - a smell? A quick conversation plays out in his head of introducing himself to a stranger who resembles a big cat and asking if he can smell him. A few blinks later and he's back to reality. He'd probably not do it like that, but this is way more interesting than diner food. A new face.

He picks his menu up and rather unapologetically relocates to the newcomer's table, smiling as he sits down across from Mr. Lion. Guy isn't much to look at, but most Beasts aren't. At least he's not as freakish as that Mole-man. "James." He says, without missing a beat. Without waiting for the man to respond, he adds ​"I'm in the local club. And you're new."

L
    Lev

Lev eyed the young man with distrust.

“You got me mistaken with someone else, kid. I’m not interested in your club, or any oth…” And then it clicked. The Beasts scowl got even more pronounced, and he muttered: “Oh, you mean, like, the escaped?

The last was said with a lot more subtlety, though with Lev’s control over his voice, most of the patrons probably have heard him. Hopefully no one decides that he broke out of prison, or something similar.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

This one definitely has a mouth. The whole lion vibe is pretty strong. Quick half wonders if his voice was that gruff before he was taken. But for now, he has to cover. Mr. Lion is about as subtle as a bull horn.

"The Escaped? Hated that movie. Look, all I'm saying is... I'm a friend."
    He gives the statement a moment to sink in. This guy - who's name Quick would need to find out soon or would forever be something lame like Aslan - seems like the naive type. Charmingly without guile. Basically a dupe. But Quick would have to think about him as a potential ally. 'New home' thing.

"You didn't give me your name. Friends share names."
    Brown eyes level on the newcomer. Despite himself, he smiles coyly. Work your charms. Old habits die hard.

L
    Lev

“Lev.” The Beast answered, extending his hand for a handshake. It sounded like a name. Or maybe a curse in an exotic language. “Who said we were friends? Oh, and here’s my food. Thank you.”

Lev tore into his burger, and then pushed the plate with the fries towards the middle of the table, making a “help yourself” gesture.

“So, kid, you want something? Let’s hear it.”

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick shakes hands, and then settles back into his seat.

"Maybe not close friends. But we have a lot in common."
    With a shrug and a polite half-smile, he snags a fry off the plate and pops it into his mouth before continuing.

"People like us? Who've been through what we have? Some are sad. Some get mad. Some of them seek out their desires. And some are just scary."
    He weighs his words carefully, doing his best to keep Lev on track without revealing anything that would endanger the Freehold. "I'm not like any of them. Don't think you are, either." Oh which he's pretty sure, now, being in close proximity. This guy has no Mantle.

L
    Lev

Lev finished wolfing down his burger, and switched to the fries, pulling the plate back towards himself.

“Kid, I don’t want to sound rude, but what does us potentially being alike mean? I may not subscribe to any of the clubs’, as you call them, lifestyles. Or I may be just looking for the one that suits me best. It still does not answer to my question: what do you want?”

The Beast is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed, and also obviously does not appreciate the way Quick was leading their conversation.

“Anyways, Jim, was it? I don’t think we are much alike. I think we are quite different. But, while you are here, we might as well have a civil conversation, no? Maybe you tell me about the people around. Who’s who and all that.”

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick visibly deflates, fighting to keep exasperation off his face. Finally, he leans forward a bit again, resting propping his elbow and the table and cupping the side of his face. "Just wanted to meet someone new. Get a fresh perspective."

At this point in time, the Elemental is completely bored by the idea of food. Unraveling this square knot seems like a more worthwhile endeavor. He begins in earnest. "Sure. Let's be civil. Who's who? Alex is the groundskeeper at the amusement park. Serious guy. Mhairi works there too. Activities director, I think. Sasha owns the Blue Note. Jazz club. Not my thing. Ingrid is another one. Helped set up some summer party at the Blue Note. Weird, cuz that's not her thing. All of them are in different clubs. They're like club presidents." His words gradually pick up in speed, until finally inhaling after what feels like a half hour sermon. For him. He didn't have the patience to go into which season they all ascribe to. He sits back in the chair again, watching for Lev's reaction.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread