Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1707) Sanctuary 9

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods at Oculus’s offer, figuring someone who was a private eye would be able to find something. If something was there that is.

“I remember the name, but the memories are a little foggy. We’ve talked about me working on my memories to see if I can get anything concrete from them. It was called The Bismark, and I took my first Exam there, and I think I remember some meetings being held there. Rather those are real memories remain to be seen.” And she wasn’t sure where to start with them.

“I don’t have any contacts anywhere. Before I settled here I didn’t spend any time making friends in other cities. There might be some Ladders there I could try and call, not sure if they would talk to me, I haven’t done much for my Order.”
    But she could try, you never know.

“Now, I don’t think we’re fucked, yet. I believe we still have a chance to stop this, I refuse to believe that they’re going to win.” Shaking her head, “Nope.” She wasn’t going down without a fight.

Her head shakes again, “I haven’t had any since this all started.” And when her Path changed, but she didn’t feel like getting into that.

Nodding now, “It was, I believe Vee Tee took care of them. But that’s not to say that they aren’t working together. What’s that saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Or something like that. But there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t work together in some twisted way. They’d probably end up going at each other if they won, but that’s not going to happen. And yeah, the Auction House. They wanted that Radio for something, and we stopped them. Plus getting attacked in a coffee house by other Awakened who were watching the Auction House tells me there might have been more going on. Maybe I’m paranoid, but we never looked into who those mages were and why they were willing to throw vulgar magic around like it was nothing.” That almost sucked.

The appearance of the pencil and notebook were a little odd. She’d never seen someone take notes, but hell, whatever worked for her.

Blue eyes look to Campanella, “Then I’ll do it myself, make calls and meet with people. I can totally be a people person when I want. But I’m not sitting idle anymore, I spent too many years not stepping up for the Circle, that ends now. If I have to go out and visit offices and shit, fine. And politics? Well, not my specialty, but that won’t stop me.”

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Might wanna limit the pillows. Since." hazels sweep the dudes "Pillow fights." smirk. "I do not own the nightie required for that."

"Faye. I'm saying we're fucked 'cause if we can't figure out how the Clock works, and if it keeps with the not working....the Seers can still travel...but we can't go back and stop 'em. We'd be helpless as Time changes around us, and since we wouldn't be out of normal Time eye ee in the past when the changes happen. We wouldn't notice. Whatever they fuck up, that will be our history. We might get some impressions and dreams...but...we really won't know.." hand, hair. Rake. "That's why I say we're fucked."

Air sucked in and heaved out.

"Yeah....so. I'm guessing that y'all gonna not said me to politic about unless we wanna send a certain kind o'message."

Faye get's wordy and Tuesday nods, "Yeah that was at the Gallery, with the silent auction. We got the Radio and the Seers didn't and more then a few of 'em died. So. Wins." The whole Radio thing was a Guardian thing. Tuesday didn't know what happened either, but she's sure Star, and whoever sent them on the Radio way had taken care of the idiots in Starbucks.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

O
    Oculus

When the Councilor of your Consilium and the head of your cabal tells you you're fucked, you're fucked.

Or are you? There's a lot of information, ideas and offers flowing, and this creative chaos proves there might ust be some hope for them yet. Oculus listens silently for a long moment, with gears and levers operating between his ears, and finally decides to throw in his two cents.

"What's the Radio?" The question itself sounds pretty dumb, so he quickly adds "I mean, other than a device receiving radio frequencies. You said you stole it, is it somewhere around here?" Because if it's still in posession of the Consilium, the Circle is the safest place to store... anything, really, what withe the rewriting of time and space. "And no, no dreams for me. Not with the capital D, anyway"

He's surprised to hear the Golden Consilium has a non-conservative view on its structure, and even more that Campanella, the epitome of worldliness, has no contacts there. "What's the deal with Sacramento and them, exactly? We ate their porridge or something?" The reference might be a little obscure, and the joke out of place, but it's not getting un-said, not now. He's about to agree on traveling there, but Faye is faster "Well, if you need a mysterious stranger two steps behind you while you're negotiating, I'm your man" He says, trying to cover the cheesiness of that statement with a smile. "Now, about that hotel. Bismark, is it? Seems to me we'll have to go on a little field trip, ask around what the street people know. We'd also want to stop at the City Hall, check the records. You wouldn't believe how many permits are required to open a hotel, and the paper trail might yield the answers we seek. Who's up for it? Limited time offer!" He pauses briefly "Also, I don't suppose any of you have any pull at the Hall? Personally, I don't feel like waiting for permission to enter the archives, and breaking in is a waste of tax dollars for new locks"

On the issue of the Clock breaking down he cannot offer any advice or solution. He just hopes they have - or will soon have - someone with an eye for these things.

V
    Vigil

Vigil simply shakes his head when asked about Dreams, before failing into a moody silence.

Details. Always more details, and plans. But where did any of it lead? Plans only mattered if they could execute on them.

And then something new jolts him out of his slump. "Vulgar magic ... out on the open? In the presence of Sleepers? If so, then they were either truly desperate, or purposefully poisoning the well. Either way, worrying, if there are any of that group left. Do we have any leads? How did we discover them in the first place?"

Tuesday's pointed summation of the clock brings a shudder, but no further comment. The implications were scary, but without any practical suggestions on how to fix it, dwelling on the matter was pointless.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

No such thing as a stupid question.

"VT? Radio- like object radio and not station radio? Coffee house?" More notes added. Question marks as well in faint graphite. Easier to erase.

Looks to Oculus. Strength in numbers. Even if numbers are for ignorance.

Smirks. "That could be fixed," Too much? Probably too much. Hunches = good for hiding faces. More notes 'written'. Graphite marks so faint they are nearly nonexistent.

Reaction time for blush to sufficiently fade in 3, 2, 1 ...

1 cout << "Add input?";
    2 cin >> response;
    3 if (response == 'Yes')
    4 cout << "Would records really help? I mean ... if Time was changed... records would be changed. Isn't that what Tuesday is getting at with the part about us all being fucked? Not that we would know it because well ... fucked. And not the good kind." <<endl
    5 else if (response == 'No')
    6 cout << *Scowl for vulgar magic being thrown about like candy at a parade.* <<endl

Response: No

Sand scowls at the idea of vulgar magic being thrown about like candy at a parade.

6. Likes roadnottaken, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella had been content to slide into the background. Till now.

"You are skilled in the Time Arcanum, yes, Tuesday? Perhaps if you examined the clock it reveal something. Anyone of of us could study the resonance for certain... but you would be able to delve more deeply?"

He left the question hanging.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The smirk was caught, and returned, “Oh, we can totally remedy that if you wanted.” There was a chuckle, clearly she enjoyed her comment. But she did hope Tuesday knew she was joking.

A slow nod, “I get that. Which was why I was suggesting we bring the party to them. I’m not counting the Clock out, but I’m also not gonna sit here and twiddle my thumbs. I’m going to find them, they can’t hide forever. And who knows, they could be getting cocky and not covering their tracks very well.” Shrug and a sip, it could happen.

Laughing, “Who knows, maybe your kind of message would be better received?” another shrug, “I don’t know, but we have to try.” Least she had to try.

“We’re assuming the dicks from the coffee shop were with the ones in the auction house. Not saying they aren’t, but I think it’s worth looking into. Might take a trip to the coffee house and see, and if nothing is there, cool, least I can get some coffee.” Always a positive.

Looking to Oculus, “Uhh, I think it was destroyed. But like Tuesday said, they didn’t get their hands on it, which is a bonus.” Though she was sure they were pissed about that.

Shrugging, “Not sure, never really looked into it. You could call em, ask em.” She says. If he really cared that much about it.

“More than welcome to tag along. Probably won’t be that interesting, cause my political skills are pretty nonexistent. But could be entertaining.” There was that. “Defiantly ready for a field trip. At least if we can’t find it and there is no record, it’s one less thing nagging and we can focus elsewhere.”

A shake of her head, “Nope. But,” her eyes glimmer mischievously, “Who said we need to break in per say? There are spells within Matter that will pretty much let you into a building. If we really need to, lets magic it.” Why the hell not?

Eyes look to Vigil, “Kinda. I think they put the poor barista to sleep or something and messed with the cameras. But yeah, it was pretty vulgar and the coffee shop was probably under repairs for a while after. We barely got away, thanks to a little luck and curses I threw around. But they had no qualms about making a scene. As to how we discovered them? Some of us seemed to have been Fated into the Auction House. Two went in, and the other two scoped the area. It started raining so we hit the coffee shop to get dry and regroup.” So yeah.

Sand next, “Yes, radio,” she puts the can down beside her and motions with her hands to the size. “It was a while ago, and taken care of. But I just think it might yield us some clues or leads.” She leaves the VT thing for Tuesday.

And Campy asked a good question.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Time Sight)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Faye gets an arched eyebrow, and a smirk. Then a grin and a laugh.

To Sand, "Veiled Threats. My old Cabal." Keep it simple. Since. Feels. Shouldn't get all yeah. Here. Since. Wow. And argh at the Seers.

"Radio. Artifact. Also. Out of our hands. We got sent after it to keep it out of Seer hands. So. Yeah. Did that. It's been dealt with."

Tuesday does not sigh.

"Oooor we could just go there and see if it's there. It might not be there at all. It might be an office, or a park. Since. Yeah going to city hall and getting records to a place we don't even know exists would draw attention from the Seers we know are in town. Since. Fucking with us." Like Faye said, there was the two at the coffee shop, and there was the other one in the Gallery who Team Ry-La trolled out of there.

"Disciple o' Time. Yeah." nod, hazels turn to the Clock. Golden sparks of glyph work forms, settling around the unicorn's eyes. Better start small. She didn't want to sink in to deep and get Cthulhu'd or something.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-22 11:28:36 Tuesday rolls 5 to Time Sight (Time 3 + Gnos 2) (10 Again) 5, 10, 1, 3, 9, 8 3 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    O
    Oculus

The radio was destroyed? Not the ideal outcome, but a small solace can be taken in the fact that the Seers didn't get it, either. Still, the "whys" and "why the hells" just keep multiplying. "I'll tag along then. See if it's true that travel broadens the mind" Next, the Thyrsus Councilor makes a very good point about using magic to get inside and Oculus nods "Right. Now all we gotta do is find someone willing to Matter us into the place. I have many talents, but this... nuh-uh." There was a questioning look towards Campanella and Sand. The former was a Moros, so likely at least some familiarity with the Arcanum, and the other was a question mark, with everything that implies.

It seems, however, that his Hearthmaster has her reservations. Understandably so.

"I'm ust crossing my fingers that they chose the line of least resistance. Erasing something as big as a hotel is... godlike. To wipe it out completely you'd have to alter time, space and bilions other loose ends. I don't care how powerful they are, it's not possible, period. Meaning there have to be breadcrumbs, fingerprints, traces. And they can be found." He takes a moment to catch his thoughts, his breath and his reply to the city hall concern Tuesday has "So what if it does? If they think we know more that we do, it's likely they execute a contingency plan. Contingency plans always assume your enemies know everything there's to know, so you burn documents and don't care about the smoke. We'd just have to follow the scent of burning paper." There's a pause to see if the Unicorn lets out one of her famous sighs "Tell you what. If we ever go down that road and use bait, I'm volunteering. It goes alright, we have what we need. It goes wrong - all you lose is one guy. If I was aetting man, I'd call it a good bet."

V
    Vigil

Some attempt at covering tracks. Better than the alternative, but it still left plenty of room for escalations.

A glance toward Oculus. "Still a risky bet. We're hardly in a position to throw away even one life. If you're kicking the hornet's nest, what's your contingency for getting out safely? If it's the same group of Seers we're dealing with, they're already willing to play somewhat loose with the Veil. We don't want to goad them so far that they go completely nuclear. Not that coaxing our enemies into overreacting isn't a bad idea in general, we just need to be ready to manage the consequences."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread