Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1706) Circe, Sasha, Ingrid

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

"Feel free to call me Sasha. Of course you already know that I'm the sole Winter around here." The Dancer's voice nearly sighed, as it seemed it may be that way for a while.

"And you should be pleased with the results." The Fairest grinned to Ingrid . "The first full out party of the Freehold, it may be hard to top." They set the bar, which was common for Springs.

"I understand that some do drink to not think about the past. Some drink for a good time too, don't get me wrong. It's just not my thing. It never was either." The Fairest hardly recalled more than a glass of wine at dinner.

"Although, when I was in some countries, drinking alcoholic beverages was recommended over water. Tap water can be dangerous to foreigners in some countries. It was a predicament in some places when I traveled."

It was curious that Ingrid brought up the Summer court. The Onyx wasn't about to answer, but was very curious as to the name that would be given.

ooc note

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid smiles at the compliment. "All I did was delegate. It was the others - Brigid and Sera - who did all the work. You should be thanking them." She giggled at repeating herself.

"Oh I do hope we've set the bar. It would mean our Court has done something important." They had to, as the only Court not represented in the power structure. "And I hope we will be able to do so again... sometime in the future." She added a little more carefully.

"You've been overseas?" Intrigue lay at the heart of the Darkling's response. Her voice and intonation was muted, however. The excitement and adventure of living in another country was... lessoned... when one had been put through the Durance.

Ingrid didn't push the question of the Summer Court leadership further. But her eyes were locked firmly on Circe as if she were willing the Crimson Courtier to respond.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, uh, sorry to hear you're going solo Sasha. Maybe more Winters will show up." Circe hadn't been aware that Sasha was the only Winter around.

Circe nods in agreement with Sashs, "I'm familiar with that escapism. Buuut since I'm a gun bunny," she gives a small flourish with her free hand, "well wasting ammo while high gets expensive. And safety problem too. Plus cops," it was just a bad combination. She didn't want to go through that "after school special" lesson again. "Ha! True in ancient times, guess it still holds true: don't drink the water, drink the wine."

Circe gives Ingrid a thumbs up, "Delegatin' is good, means you who can do what. Guess that was Alex's plan with that bouncy get together." After a moment's pause she realizes something about Ingrid's scrutiny, "Wait, was that question about the Crimson commander meant for me? Oh," she grimaces and at least looks a little embarrassed, "eh, thought you were chatting with someone else. Alex is in charge of Summer. Otto and I didn't want it."

She nods along at Ingrid's travel question,"Impressive Sasha, you cross the pond East or West of America? I've only been South of the border a few times, but Corona was safer then the bottled water. North," she shrugged, "Eh, Canada's water is pretty safe."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The silence engulfs them.

Ingrid, stilling bopping along to her own internal rhythm doesn't really notice it till Circe finishes her concise description of the lands to the north and the south. The space left for the exposition regarding the contest for the Summer Crown remains hollow and unfulfilled once the cat eared Fairest quickly parses what had occurred.

All Ingrid can say is...

"Ah! I would have thought there were physical contests or something..."

And Mhairi? Mhairi who had been the true target of Ingrid's curiosity has left her high and dry. How could this be? The Vernal Sovereign covers her surprise by a quick drink and shift in her stance.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 04:30:35 Ingrid to hide her reactions rolls 5 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 1, 2 1 success

"You are both more adventurous than me. I've only travelled to You Know Where. Beyond that I was more of a home town girl - I travelled but not that far, really. Where have you been to, Sasha?"

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"Winter can be difficult to understand and stave through stereotypes. It's not for everyone, but, we all find our Seasons or they find us and we are fine better understanding because of them sometimes."

Even if Ingrid wasn't interested, the Winter thought she'd try to explain it to both of them. "I think physical challenges are generally left when someone wants to take the position from someone else. So, if there was already a Summer King and another Summer stepped up, that is how it would be handled. I came here shortly after..." The Fairest paused. "well I think it wasn't long after our old Summer Sovereign, Spartan, challenged someone for the rank and he won. I don't think it was a fight to the death though, I believe it was more of a tap-out type of thing." Sasha shrugged a shoulder, unable to recall all that Rook had explained to her. It was years ago.

"It certainly does hold true. Drink the wine, sometimes the beer, not the water. I saw many people get sick because of that. We carried bottled water to different destinations if we could."

The Dancer chuckled. "It's more of a question of where haven't I been." Her violets looked up to think for a moment. "To answer your question, Circe, yes, I have traveled to either sides of the pond. I've been to Japan, China, Russia, Europe, Canada... but I don't think I've been to Australia that I remember. Some of the traveling was a blur. I was with the Circe du Soleil and sometimes it was hop in a plane, sleep and arrive at the next destination."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Physical contests? Circe's ears said "curious" as they quirked. "Huh?" Then she nodded in agreement as she pointed at Sasha, "Yeah, what she said. That is a regular Summer thing I'll admit. I can't speak for Otto but," the elf chuckled, "I just left the political shit show that is San Fran. Killing for positions was a thing there. So I got zero interest in politics after that."

Circe blinked in thought, ears flush before perking up, "That's that broadway dance group with the acrobats, right?" she questions Sasha. "Might have been some cool places but I don't envy you all that jet lag. Customs is a bitch too, unless," she laughs, "you got luggage tied to a Hollow. That made it easy."

No fibs here
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-05 15:18:03 Circ rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 1, 3, 1, 3 failure

"I don't know about that Ingrid. And despite the reputation as a warzone of sorts, Canada is not too violent for adventures. Unless you insult their beer," she giggles as her ears bounce in amusement, "Then you best know some Chirugeons to patch you up," Circe forced a shudder through her body to emphasis her warning about the "great danger" of Canada. She was making not effort to hide her lies.

"South is more...fun," she raised both eyebrows and her ears perk up at the word fun, "well for me at any rate it was fun. Others might have found it not so fun."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Its that bad, huh?" Ingrid mused, suddenly quite glad she had not passed over Sacramento and gravitated to the Bay directly.

Back to Sasha. "Oh. This was just a little something. My friends were in a mind to set something up and had the means to do it. Its not like we received a commission or something... you know... not like we were actually called upon to set up a Party or whatever. But let me tell you, from this little escapade, I have complete confidence in Sera and Brigid for organising things like this."

In part it was honest truth. In part it was dangling a carrot to see who might take a bite. Ingrid lapsed into silence as the other's better outlined the Crimson's practices.

"I was... Well... raised by acclamation I suppose. Neither Brigid or Sera really wanted to take the Antler Crown; they were both very happy that I did."

Ingrid added the information freely. It seemed appropriate.

"How did you become Queen? And where are the other Onyx?" Ingrid sipped on her drink, interested to see how the Fairest would reply.

S
    Sasha

"So are you saying that there is some very dark things happening under the layer of all the polite and nice Canadians we hear about or meet?" That would explain many things to the Dancer, particularly the Eastern part of the country to the North.

Slightly tilting her head to the side, the Fairest made a puzzled face. "Well, yes and no. It's more contortion, dancing and acrobatics. Yes, there have been some performances on the Broadway stages, on and off. It's not necessarily a play, but more so art in motion." A singular roll of her shoulders toward Circe, hoping it made more sense.

"South, as in New Orleans, Dallas, Phoenix, all of those places?" The South could mean many things to people.

"I became Queen by a vote of our members not long after our old Sovereigns departed for personal reasons. As for our other members, they too departed for unknown reasons." It saddened her that some left without a word, not even a note. But there was nothing that could be done about that now.

"There was a guy, Lucian, not even a couple months ago that had the crown for all of maybe a week before he took off." She wondered if Alexander intimidated him. "He was intriguing, but I don't think he liked this place."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yup," and a nod was all she had to say about San Fran's Freehold. There was something else Sasha had said that Circe just had a thought upon. Was Australia like, almost as dangerous as the Hedge or something? Or was that Brazil? "Eh, probably. Uh, that is probably good you avoided Australia. Heard its more lethal then the Thorns."

So Sera and Brigid were good party organizers? Excellent to know. "Huh? Well then," she tilts her neck to pop it, "If they're that good at it I might suggest Alex chat them up. Summer got a little something planned. Basic only, but I guess Brigid or Sera would probably have ideas for making it more fun. Just so long as they don't spoil the surprise for everyone else." Circe had no clue how to make a laser themed celebration. If the Springs could help make it a bigger party then Circe was all for it.

Ingrid's admission to her crown got Circe to laugh. She held up a hand, "Sorry, but it is funny. Two crowns gained the same way: we don't want it you take it. Ha ha, never thought that'd happen. Let alone twice!" Circe tried to calm her laughter. She was curious if there were any other Winters. The guys were good at hiding and watching in San Francisco. She had little doubt they'd weathered the storm better then the others had.

"Oh, okay. I'm not exactly artistically inclined but I'll take your word for it Sasha. And as for Canada, well they do always hint there is something going on up there, eh?" The "eh" was said with an exaggerated Canadian accent. "Plus I think they've got a secret president as a supervillian," she nods as she says this.

"Uh, no Sasha. When I say South I mean Arizona and sometimes viva Mexico. You'd need serious protection in the Pheonix Freehold its true," After a pause, the Italian accented elf added, "They're kinda dicks. Plus I never paid import taxes. Ha ha, I had a footlocker to a Hollow. It was easy to get aaaanything across like, uh," she didn't want to advertise that just yet, "Corona, uh, tequilla across the border. And uh souvenirs. Yeah souvenirs. So Sasha, get any good souvenirs in your travels?"

Circe wasn't even going to bother trying to bluff.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid smiled and drank as the flow of words rushed over her. When Circe stumbled with her secrets, the Darkling raised what passed as an eyebrow but remained silent. A juicy, pregnant, silence.

"They left? Thats a shame. What? Right when you need hands on deck for rebuilding... That's terrible, actually."

The Vernal Sovereign lapsed into thoughtful silence, gears clearly turning in her head. A Court of Two rules all; a Court of One advises. Potent Summer takes a leading role. And Spring? Spring left out of the loop. This was what ran through her mind.

Circe was still speaking. Ingrid roused herself to listen.

"Oh pish! Souvenirs! Who wants to know?" She snickered. "Hey, what souvenirs did you get from Mexico? Heh! Anyway... So. Like. You mention the Crimson have got a little something in the bag? Well, what is it? Is it fun?" She was going to prise the information from the Fairest one way or another.

15. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.