Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist shook her head slightly at Stax's question, "I do not." How badly did Stax want to leave Sacramento? Or would he rather choose instead to drag out the task set before him?

She turned to Vivian, a pleasantly surprised look in her gaze as the other woman expounded on the skill required for shooting. "I have never discounted it as an art form," she said musingly. "But I agree- it would take effort to master and that means a lot."

As Cynthia questions Alice's absence, Twist shakes her head. "I have not. But I also have not had a reason to require speaking with her," she added with a wry smile.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Stax inclined his head to the Duchess again.

"As you wish." The Librettist said, quickly and professionally. He sank back into his chair, dismissed and turning his mind to his task. With a brief flicker of his eyes, he filed away his thoughts and focussed on the Court.

Turning to Cynthia Weiss deltadream . "I thank you for your comments. I had no notion that my little effort had gone over quite so well."

V
    Vivian York

"I think if we found an appropriate place to have the tournament, we wouldn't need to worry about noise. I'm sure I could try my luck at some other event if I wasn't allowed to fire a gun. I'm sure everyone would have a good laugh." She chuckled softly not carrying a damn if anyone chuckled at some of her lacking in skill.

The question of Alice finally came up. She wanted to ask herself, as all she knew was something not good happened. She trusted Ale would tell her in due time, the timing hadn't been the best for them to speak yet. And some things were not good to send in text messages no matter how much code you threw into it.

Asa is gone too, no one asked why he wasn't here.

"How about Robert? Did he vanish again?" Why not bring up yet another who isn't here. It may not look so suspicious.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled wickedly at Ale, "Well, I like hands on action. It's more personal. I can shoot but it's been a while. I would look forward to both or either."

Mable looked around and realized there were a few people missing including the Prince. "I have only been here for a few months, is it normal for so many to be missing?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia frowned. "If you say so." She did not look convinced, but she got the feeling she was not going to get answers here. "Well I've seen Cross around the Necropolis and Longstreet has woken up from his run in with the Brood. Should make a full recovery soon." She was not sure if it was a good idea to mention how much Cross had been brooding recently.

Having little less to contribute to the Tournament, she turned back to Stax. "It was quite a good evening. Rarely get to show off my work to the other Kindred."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist made a face for a moment, glancing around at the mostly empty Elysium "Sacramento has for many months been very... fluid with who attends court regularly."

Or perhaps it was more that the number of regular attendees had simply reduced making those who only visited occasionally stand out all the more.

Though it showed that she was unaware it was Cynthia herself who had art on display at Stax's event, Twist remained quiet, allowing them to converse. She had spent years enough in the 'fine' art scene that she was now content to spectator.

V
    Vivian York

"Well, I for one think we need to do this tournament court or something. Perhaps it should be a formal one... I would love to see faces in here."

Turning slightly to those who would listen, not just the other Invictus who were discussing the tournament. "Not that any of your faces are dull, but, I love to see who is around. What people are up to. Gossip, you know, the things that make up all of us!" She said excitedly, realizing she may have went on a tangent.

"But, I am not the one who is in charge of making things mandatory." Nodding to Twist. "So, it was more or less a suggestion." Laughing slightly. None of those people were there to listen as it was.

"And damn it, I need my lipstick found or I'll have to order another. Those things aren't cheap!" She was laughing even more at the idea of someone finding it and opening it to see why there was so much hype. "Mable attempted to help me, but alas it didn't turn up."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Stax tilts his head to one side.

"Formal Court. And a Tournament. Now that does have a nice ring to it. Most assuredly Miss York. Would your Grace be averse to allowing such a thing?"

His gaze falls quietly - and with anticipation - on Twist deltadream .

MARVYN STAX (NPC)
    Daeva
    Librettist of the Invictus
    BP 1

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Small talk and gossip. A small amused smile tugged at one corner as shadowed eyes watched Vivian get carried away. She herself never saw the appeal of either, for many reasons, but it was interesting to watch the other woman get swept up in the just the idea of it.

Marvin's voice, drew her mind away and attention away from wondering what else got the redhead worked up and back to the matter of the tournament.

"Hosting the Tournament at a formal court?" she repeated, tasting the idea on her tongue and in her mind. "If you feel comfortable combining them, I see no reason to say no." The ease with which Stax jumped on board to the idea had her questioning if she had seen any resistance to the initial idea from him to begin with.

A chuckle came, "It will be interesting to see the fashion choices for the evening. Who will come in formal, who in combat gear and who brings a change for both."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And so this last round of the Danse spins, silent and slow, to its end. The main thrust of conversation ends. Chatter slows and turns to pleasantries.

Kindred hunt alone. One by one they drift away into the raggedly balm of the summer night. If they hurry they might claim a prize of Blood. For most they will have to content themselves with a safe return to the sanctuary of their havens.

Summer is not kind to the Damned.

Marvyn Stax is one of the last to leave. Ruminating, no doubt, on how to turn his task to his advantage.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread