Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

After stepping aside form the crowd, Quick clears his throat. "You're new, right? I spoke to Alex a while ago. Trying to make sense of things." He pauses. A few blinks. "What's with spring setting this up? I mean... you're the..." he counts out on his fingers "third Summer I've met here. Is this normal?" The Elemental looks genuinely curious. He gestures at the spread Sera had more-or-less prepared for everyone.

"I mean... it's your Season, right?"
    His eyes don't leave the newcomer. The scars and tattoos are strange. He feels like he's watching a car-crash happening; a whole lot of mayhem he can't pull his eyes away from.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

O
    Otto Cash

Otto sighs. Of course, he expected some mentions, but the guy meets him for the first time and this is what he's asking about first? Some people... "OK, listen. First, nice to meet you too. As you said, I'm new. I might be not the person you should ask. How about asking the Springers, or Alex, maybe that was their deal." It doesn't sound like super-probable to the Wizened though. Maybe Alex just screwed up, but Otto won't be caught saying bad things about a fellow Summer without reason. "You are right, it's not normal, and it's our season, and that's why I wanted to catch a Spring Sovereign to offer help with whatever they need. Do you know who is it?"

"Also, why are you so concerned, anyway?" Was it his business? Some things are just done some way, why the guy felt like asking about them, ant for that matter possibly the greenest guy in the Freehold?

Finally, he notices the look on the other Lost's face. "...Is something on my face?" A little sneer. The Gameplayer knows he isn't exactly pretty, but is it that bad?

Maybe he's a Fairest, he decided. Or not, they don't usually exactly hide themselves behind a hardened Mask for no reason. Still, what's the deal with this guy?

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I get that you're new. So am I. Sorta. That's why I'm asking you." He gestures around at the other assembled Lost. "What's your take on this place? This Freehold? I've only just decided to stay."' The Elemental sighs. Maybe this guy isn't the best one to ask, but any conversation is better than 'why don't you hide your scars'. Which is what he's really thinking.

"Just trying to feel things out. Don't tend to stay in one place. Ingrid - girl who smells like plums? She's the Spring Sovereign. I think. And Sera's cool. Doesn't have to be a bad thing they helped. Just want to know how you feel about it."

When the Wizened finally does bring up the scars, Quick blushes a little. "Sorry. Just... our magic can hide that, you know? I put my game face on every day. James is prettier than I am." He can't help but wonder why someone with the ability to look normal would pass that up.

4. Likes Sirith liked this post
    O
    Otto Cash

"I think it's nice, and I guess I'll stay, too." Otto's starting to feel that maybe the guy's not his type. Way too energetic, way too... flighty? It's not like Otto was a solid guy himself, but even he has his boundaries about not connecting to the people. Hell, he likes people and enjoys helping them now and then. This guy - Quick - feels too quick to run away from troubles. "Don't you think you're losing something when you just 'feel the things out?"

"Of course, I feel bad about Springs organizing the Summer party, but I'm just - new. As I said. The best I can do is to help out however I can."

He listens to the question that the other Lost seemingly wanted to ask all along. Abashment can be seen for a moment on the Wizened's face, but he decides there's a lesson to teach Quick in there. "I don't want to hide my face for a number of reasons. One of them is I don't care. Even if I cared, my Mask is not pretty anyway. But one of them is that I am of the Summer. I don't want to hide myself, not unless it's necessary. When I decided to become of Summer, it meant for me taking the life for myself and living it to the fullest, without fear. Not in the Spring way, but in the 'kicking Them in the face' way. Do you understand?"

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nice, huh? Quick hadn't expected a sonnet, but this is just vague. Or maybe that's how these things work. Everyone's 'nice' to each other as they sift through shattered lives.

"Am I missing out? I wouldn't know. Part of the game, I guess." He absently rubs his thumb against his fingertips. "Stay in motion and skip the bad. And the good."

Quick nods. Maybe he's putting too much pressure on the guy. "Helping is... nice."

The Elemental quirks a brow in amusement. Had he struck a nerve? "I guess." He shrugs. "That's one way to do business. Not what I would do. But hey; props for not taking it lying down."

He frowns slightly, then decides to change tactics. Continuing somewhat more reservedly, "I've had trouble letting it go. The past. Don't really have anything right now. Just, maybe, this place."

O
    Otto Cash

"So it's just a game to you, huh?" An internal cringe. Just. A. Game. Otto knew people who were treating life like a game, and he couldn't help but hate them, comparing them to his Keeper. Sure, Otto loved games, and he wouldn't try to take them seriously when not necessary... Yet, life's not a game. "Be careful, so you don't end up being alone in this game. That would definitely not be good for you." As a Lost, you can't play life like a single player, the Gameplayer knows. It's an MMO with heavy interaction.

The Wizened scratches the nape of his neck, listening to the other Lost. So the guy's may not be all flighty. Otto feels for him a bit. "I don't really remember my past, so I thought I had nothing at first, too. It helps thinking of what you have. What skills you have. What you want to have. Focusing on now. And this place is a nice place to start, I guess."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

It sounds like a warning. This little quip about the game. But what does this guy know, anyhow? Quick isn't afraid to be alone. He's been doing it just fine for a while now. He silently takes it in stride.

No past?
    That would almost be easier. "Makes sense. If I had a drink, I'd toast to that. To a new start." He rubs the back of his neck, feeling awkward. "What do you do, then? What do you have now? In this new life."

O
    Otto Cash

For sure, Otto is concerned. He knows some guys, even more, some Wizened, who isolated themselves so much they lost it. Nevertheless, he decides to drop the topic.

Instead, the Wizened tilts his head, thinking. "I'm a good handyman, I've recently started working in Funderland - you know the place, right? If you ever want something repaired, you can come straight to me." A little pause, for another thought. "I know a bit about programming, I enjoy parkour and gaming. Some would say I'm a geek and a gadget maniac." An awkward smile.

"That's a little more than those scars, don't you think?" There's more, like his collection of all kinds of dice and card decks, and other things, but the Gameplayer feels there is a limit of talking about himself. "What about you? What do you have? What are you?"

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

It's almost too cute. This guy admitting to being a geek. When Quick was just James, he hadn't spent time with a lot of guys like that, but he knew them from school. With a smile and a teasing tone of voice he says "Everybody's different." Then, a bit more sincerely "Sounds like you like what you do, though. And yes... you're more than just scars." You've got tattoos too.

Without any hint of hesitation or modesty, Quick levels with the Wizened. "Conned the streets of Manhattan when I was young. Con those I can now. And I run. Fast. More so now than before. Back There... I would become lightning. All that pull and speed and spontaneous crap stayed." If the Wizened knew half of what it was like, he'd likely still feel confused on the subject. Quick certainly is. "But I don't want to experience that again. Being the lightning. I play with fire now. Just as good with it. And it doesn't give me nightmares."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Feeling slightly uncomfortable after his admission, and feeling the strong need to move again, Quick quirks a half smile and a half wave for the Wizened. "But I should get going. Nice meeting you."

Quick rejoins the crowd.

Closed Thread