Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Eyes) Looking for the PI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was walking trying to decide who could join In and help. Because she was not good with the urban scene. Trees were her thing. And this side walk had very sad dreary looking trees. She pulled out her phone and made a note of where she was so she could return and do some TLC on the trees. That's when she saw a note she had made for herself. She would text Cynthia. She was urban personified. She busily texted her.... Hi can you meet me in front of Bay Bar? "And send." She said out loud. She then practically started skipping. "I got us some reinforcements." She grinned broadly.

2. Likes Deltaomega, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist heard Mable before she saw her, giving her plenty of time to prepare for the surge of her beast as Mable came into view. Replace the pleased voice with one pleaded for mercy, thready with pain and terror... Twist tuned out demands of her beast, watching the bubbly Gangrel's approach.

She herself was dressed casually. Black skinnies, a white tank top, her hair piled into a messy bun. Colorful jewelry popped against the fabric to complete the simple outfit. At her feet rested the case they had acquired previously.

"Oh? Is it someone who knows computer systems?" She asked in way of greeting. "Or surveillance?" Either would be helpful at this point in time it seemed.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the sound of Twists voice Mable looked up at her. Mable did love hanging with those who had the mask, it helped keep her beast calmer. There were still grumblings deep down about killing but she was able to subdue the urge by smiling brightly and over whelming the desire with pure bubbly joy (even if it killed her). She then noticed both she and Twist were wearing white. Mable's outfit was a white blouse and light weight white jacket with grey shorts and while shoes. Her honey hair was flowing in soft waves around her shoulders.

"I love the jewelry,"
    Mable said in an admiring tone. "I'm not sure her skill set, it's Cynthia. She has a pretty good handle on the art scene I think. She is super creative and that should help." Mable didn't want to over sell but there were just so many here these days and she really was hoping not to get the Reeve involved until she had too.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was not exactly sure what to expect when she got the message. She did not know Mable particularly well beyond her eternally cheerful disposition and the fact she made the Haunt's beast scream in terror. She thought on in for a moment before tapping a message telling her that she would be on her way. Thankfully she was not too far from the meeting spot. There was still a lot of Sacramento to see and staying in the Necropolis all night was starting to make her go stir crazy. It took some time but a short taxi ride later she made it to the meeting spot. The car sped off in a hurry within moments of the haunt closing the door.

Cynthia was not really dressed to impress tonight nor really attract as much attention. Her large, heavy boots, a long black maxi skirt with a black top and a collection of silver jewellery on her fingers and neck was what she had picked out for the night. Her arrival was also punctuated by the faint, unidentifiable smell of chemicals that continued to follow her around. There was a stab of terror from within when she saw Mable, the same feeling of being in the presence of something older and more terrifying than herself. But she beat those feelings down hard, she knew what was gonna happen. The other woman gave the artist no reaction of the sort however. The mask perhaps? Wait, didn't I see her in Court?

"Hello!" She called out with a wave and forced smile as the last remaining tremors of the Taint were quashed. "Its good to see you two. I got here as soon as I could." Her smile relaxed to something more genuine as she approached the two.

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist touched the complimented jewelry and smiled in appreciation of the comment.

Cynthia? The name did not immediately bring to mind an accompanying face. Thankfully, she didn't have long before one was provided with the arrival of said individual. Even without the harsh chemical smells, Twist instantly recalled seeing the attractive goth in Court.

Lifting a hand, Twist returned the proffered greeting. "Good evening. Thank you for coming at all. Additional assistance is always appreciated. Did Mable already catch you up on the situation?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Man, Mable really wanted to learn how to use the mask. She Smiled at Cynthia, "Hey, Thanks for coming."

When Twist mentioned her catching Cynthia up on the situation she realized she really was not good at this sort of thing. "I had told her about the guy setting up cameras in the alley but no details or what we were trying to accomplish tonight. Sorry. I didn't even think about giving you more info. Thanks so much for coming out on that puny amount of info." Wow, Cynthia was pretty cool to just hear they needed help and jump to be of assistance.

"We searched that Pi's room and now we are trying to find him and umm, I guess get some information from him about why he is bugging the alleys and who hired him. It may just be that he is doing cheating cases but we really need to know more." Mable looked at Twist. "Anything to add? I know that was a quick run down."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia's smile faltered a bit. Some small part of her had hoped this was a social call. She did recall some mention of a Private detective in their conversation but it seemed like something Mable had dealt with.

She listened on the rundown on what happened. Her smile was gone, replaced by a frown that was contemplating everything she just learned. "Hm. You find anything like current cases? If you're really desperate to find him you could..." There was a pause, followed by her frown deepening further. "...No, posing as a client might be risky if hes been spying." Her hardening features started to soften as her attention went back to Twist. It felt like something was missing.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just barely catching the brief falter in her smile as Twist turned from Mable's run down to Cynthia, Twist was glad to see that she regained her mental footing quickly. And glad that she was still apparently interesting in adding her assistance.

"Current cases?" she echoed, inviting elaboration.

Reaching out with a foot she nudged the lock box at her feet.

"We have some of his equipment along with memory cards but neither of us," she indicated Mable and herself with a lifted hand "were able to discover anything. Though it was most likely due to our lack of knowledge with the technology." She wasn't ashamed to admit that computers were not her area of expertise. "If you think you might have better luck, you are welcome to investigate."

"I do not yet know what is in the case. And as for finding Mr. Maverick ... that will be solved tonight unless he fails to show. We were able to locate his hotel room and the results of that evening are a meeting with him tonight."

"As Miss Wood said- our goals are to find out what he was doing putting up cameras and who he is working for. If anyone. He apparently has a history of poorly investigating the occult. If he is simply attempting to restart his failed TV show, we need to find out what he thinks he knows."

Twist wrapped up her speech with a look to Cynthia, an offering of a chance to ask additional questions given the additional information.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nibbled her lip in thought as she listened to the exchange of the others. "I'm not sure if I told you the story of how I first met the esteemed private dick. He was caught up in a fence. We found a camera in the wall. We managed to get the microchip which gave us some info for tracking him down. He had cut his leg pretty bad and I kinda got in his face trying to be quote helpful" Mable made air quotes with her fingers when she said this. "I was acting as the distraction so we could get his equipment. So umm he really will probably recognize me."

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded as she listened to the two elaborate more on the whole situation. "Well, if hes desperate for money, he could have other ongoing cases as well. Keep track of him that way." To the best of the haunts knowledge, P.I work was not well known for raking in cash. "Plus its good to know if he's stumbled on more of our business." And the more she heard, the more that was a possibility.

She looked at the locker, the features on her face tightening a bit. "Not something I'm good at. Sorry." She still regrets not learning more about the technology when it was still in its infancy. It had now reached the point she had trouble keeping up with it.

"What are you planning to do tonight exactly?" She inquired. The artist was not sure, but it sounded like breaking and entering. God how long has it been since I did that? "I don't think he's seen me so you could use that to your advantage. I can also vanish from sight if you need that instead." She offered them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread