Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Eyes) Looking for the PI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hands wrapped around the ceramic mug of coffee in front of her, Twist watched Maverik's approach calmly.

Lifting the mug to her lips, she touched the hot liquid to lips as he slid in and lifted the menu. Patiently she waited, her gaze steady on the man across the table.

After a few moments, she set the cup to the side on the table.

"I am glad to finally meet you face to face Mr. Maverick. Hopefully this conversation won't take long."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Maverick carefully placed the menu back on the table. He settled wearily into his seat and blinked once.

"Well. This is a surprise," he replied sardonically. "I was expecting someone else."

A beat. His mouth slowly formed a stern line.

"So. Like. You got my attention." There was a sulk in his voice.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a dry smile and spread her hands to the side to open her body up, "Hopefully I am not a disappointing surprise."

Growing serious, "And you earned mine." Twist replied, her own voice filled with the steel of one of her blades.

Leaning forward toward the man, "Why were you putting cameras up to film the Nox?" She didn't see much point in playing coy. As she had told Mable and Cynthia- the point of this meeting was to get answers. Only way to get answers was to ask questions.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable moves down the alley to check side and back exits. While she does so she looks for any possible signs of more hidden cameras. Knowing Maverick, she also checks to see if he has stashed his car back here.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was leaning against the table Twist had occupied. A hidden anomaly in the diner that had customers taking a wider birth than usual around that particular spot. Her attention was divided between those that were coming and going and soon on Jeff Maverick who took his seat. He was on Television? Doesn't look like much.

She shook her head at the sad man and continued playing lookout. Her attention did turn back to him the moment the Daeva asked her question though.

8. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jeff Maverick eyeballs the delicate and highly attractive flower that sits opposite. There is a long beat as the big man considers his words.

"Because I've been employed to do so," he replied at last. His words are punctuated by the wait staff who takes his order - something light; and coffee.

When they have privacy again, he continues: "So thats what I've been doing. Appears that some fine business people think the back alley's are being used for criminal purposes. Drugs. You know? And I suppose I discovered the truth of it." His face took on the bold satisfaction of the righteous. "Three strange people wandering the back alleys... Two of them looked real sick, man. Real sick. And a crazy woman who came on a bit strong, you know? Oh yeah... And they thought it was pretty fine to steal my stuff. Like you did, I guess. Don't worry, it all went in my report."

Except for the bit about him getting entangled in the barbed wire fencing... Naturally.

"Of course I still got time to rewrite a few things... If you have my stuff."

10. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist waves away the waitress when she looks toward her for her own order.

Holding off on addressing his first comment, she focused momentarily on his longer speech. On his threat. Taking a breath, she looks to him evenly, her tone flat with doubt."You went into an alley and found 3 individuals who you, based only on their appearance, assume were doing drugs. Or dealing them. Since you did not say you saw any drug activity, we do not know which."

"And now, despite the fact that I do not have any of your stuff on me,"
    she spread her arms wide to show that the case was no where in sight. "You accuse me of stealing from you."

"Your report must be either very short or full of many assumptions."

Drawing her arms in, she narrows her eyes slightly at him.

"Who hired you?"

12. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Well. If you didn't steal my gear... How come you have it? It was your note in my motel room, yes?"

He glared. He leaned back, dropped his head and mouthed words quietly.

When he looked up he sighed heavily. "Fine! The owners of the Reverence and the Nox Populi clubs have been getting concerned about whats going on in the alleys behind their fine establishments. I was hired to do some surveillance and find out what is going on. I still don't see what business this is of yours."

Focusing on the delicate looking woman with a sudden intensity, he leaned forward and planted his elbows on the table.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist met his glare silently, not answering him, waiting for him to bow to her demands.

When he finally did there was a long beat of silence and then her facade of calm investigator slipped, cracked. The quick chest compression of a noise suppressed, the uptick in both corners of her mouth, the bright sparkle of cruel amusement in her eyes chasing away the calm depths.

Twist was trying not to laugh in his face.

Exhaling slowly, careful not to let her breath turn into a laugh, she reached for her coffee cup and lifted it to her lips, buying time to resume her calm.

When she spoke, the amusement was so far gone it could have made one question if it ever was there to begin with.

"I am going to ask again. This time, do not lie to me. Who. Hired. You?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Twist's response was met by bafflement.

"What do you mean? Their agents were there. With me. In a room. We sat and we talked. Hence, this job."

He clicked his tongue.

Leaning back he crossed his arms in front of him.

"Lucy West. There. If you need a name. She's the manager of the Reverence."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread