Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
(1706) Alex and Sera

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    A
    Alexander Brown

"I might do just that" He replies after Quick finally breaks the straight face (good at keeping it up, that one). Plenty of fish in the sea, indeed. He turns to Sera when she picks up on it "Flattered as I am, I wouldn't call it 'elaborate'. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted" He gives her a smile, of the "let's just be friends" kind.

He remains silent when the Nix answers the questions he posed, intrigued that she'd be so open about it. For the entirety of her statement he appears focused and deep in thought, as if he analyzes her words - and the sounds they make. "A balance in all things. Seems like it was working pretty well for you so far. Takes a lot of fortitude to maintain it, though. Glad we have you on our side" Alex chooses not to dwell on the subject in the event he misjudged something or said one word too many. Durance and rebuilding a life is a difficult subject, Spring or no Spring. "Me?" He appears to be genuinely surprised. "I spent most of my life after escaping in the Bay area. That's where I pledged to Summer and that's where I set up a practice as a fixer and con man. Spent half my time connecting the right people and the other conning the one percent out of their hard-stolen money in something I believed was a crusade to save the weak and poor." He shakes his head, smiling with pity at his past "I thought we were making a difference, but the truth is, we weren't even making a dent. Then I realized the best way to beat the system is to make it work for me. Infect it like cancer, for the lack of a better comparison. It's proved quite effective and useful" He looks over the faces of Quick and Sera to appraise the impact the story had on them, if any. "I decided to move back home both because River City's circles of influence are much more manageable and because the political climate at the Bay has become insufferable." He pauses there to catch a breath and make up his mind about what to say next "Plus, it allows me to keep an eye on my family."

He chuckles when the topic of the Freehold's defenses is being continued "I'm not an expert either, but that's what associates are for. I think one or two front companies and a million dollars of a rainy day fund ina n offshore account are enough for a start, but it will be a lot of legwork and favors to make it happen." He pauses briefly "And don't worry, I'm not out for your money. Or anyone else's. All due respect, it's easily traceable, and besides you have a great many other talents, more valuable than any amount of greenery can provide. We all do."

Laughing at her objection to take over the world in a skirt, he asks "Really? What'd be your outfit of choice?" Because there's serious stuff and there's... well, this. Jokes. Letting one's hair down. Interestingly enough, there seems to be some kind of link between the Elemental and the Siren, a thread of understanding. He makes a mental note about it, and chooses to observe.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Would have been fun to see." he agrees, giving Sera a grin. But he'd had his fun. He would leave Mr. Brown alone on the matter.

Sera's genuine kindness takes him aback. So much so that he completely forgets his joke and stares blankly for an infinity of 2 seconds. Then, blinking, he smiles back at her. "I will. Call first."

Quick can only guess what kinds of stereotypes Sera might have been subject to. She's not blonde, for one. Although, plenty of people assume a good looking girl isn't on the bright side. That or being 'easy'. "I make a habit of it. Surprising people." He gives Alex a knowing look. The Mirrorskin is the only one in the Freehold who'd seen Quick unmasked. So far.

He takes Alex's story in, giving a few nods. The urge to move tugs at him, but he does his best to give the man his attention. He could talk up a storm when he wanted to, couldn't he? "Robin Hood stuff, huh? I can relate. Me and my crew back home... we used to run the streets. Stick it to the man, you know? And the man was everywhere. Anyone who had more money." Which, to be fair, were most people. Manhattan is one of the richest neighborhoods in the northeast. Quick shakes his head, realizing himself. "Sorry. Your story's not about me. It's... admirable. Wish I could have that kind of impact." The Elemental feels a little outclassed. Cons are one thing... getting inside the system is another. The prospect is daunting, to say the least.

"Honestly..." he interjects. "Looks really can kill, Alex. A hula skirt doesn't hit the mark." He rolls his eyes a little, waiting for Sera's response. She clearly understands.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The smile was returned, she never saw him as anything other than the Groundskeeper. “It was fun!” she agreed, and she meant it.

Chuckling, “Fortitude, maybe. Or could be that I just don’t know when to give up. Especially if it’s something I want.” Even if what she wanted was her freedom. Or a guy. Both got the same determination.

“Of course you! I greatly enjoy learning about people and what drive them, or what drove them to achieve what they have. Perhaps I spent too many years in a cage and not socializing, or I could just be genuinely noisy, the world may never know.” She adds with a smirk.

And a con man? Why was she not surprised? And it reinforced her original thought that she needed to be on her toes around him. “Sounds like an interesting past that you’ve learn much from. That’s the best kind of past in my opinion, one that teaches us and one we grow from. I’m sure those skills have come in handy a few times since then.” There was a knowing smile. She might not be a con woman, but she knows a well-placed compliment, smile and bat of her eyes got her quite far.

“Well, whatever brought you here, I’m glad you’re on the Freeholds side, cause it sounds like you could do some damage if you so choose.” She could as well, and would if he choose to cross her.

Well, that was good to hear cause she didn’t have a whole lot. Enough to have an apartment and the important things, but not a lot. Least, not yet.

She eyes him with a half-smile, “I do huh? Well, you and the Freehold know of the talents I’ve chosen to share. But I want to help, so please let me know if something comes up.” A woman never gave away all her secrets, she needed one or two aces up her sleeve for her safety.

Giggling, “Oh, there are so many options. And it depends on if it’s a peaceful takeover, or if there’s going to be a fight.” Cause pants or skirt.

“Great! I’ll keep some spare blankets and pillows out in case.” Always good to be prepared.

Smiling with a nod, “Always a good habit to have.” And it was. Nothing beat the look of surprise one someones face when they underestimated you. She loved it.

“You still could have that type of impact if you wanted.” It would take a little bit of work, but it wasn’t impossible.

Laughing, “A hula skirt no.” a shake of her head, “But a well-fitting pencil skirt, maybe. It’s all about dressing for the part you are playing. And also, not showing too much of a good thing.” Nod. “Like if a nice pencil skirt, then a shirt that while fitted, covers. You don’t want to show too much, it sends the wrong message if trying to take over the world. You want to be taken seriously, and unfortunately, this outfit won’t get me taken seriously. A few drinks bought? Probably.” She jokes with a wide grin.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

"Ah yes, I think you mentioned that when we met before" He turns towards Quick when the Elemental comments on his story "Funny, at that time I thought it was purely for the laughs and money, but apparently you had a larger agenda. Guess I was wrong, and you surprised me. Not the first time, and something tells me: not the last either." He finishes his drink, content "Would you mind sharing some secrets of your trade with us? This way of life is nothing if not fascinating." Talking about past successes is a good way for someone to open up. And if nothing comes out of it that's fine too, a simple story of a gull caught with his pants down can be a great addition to the evening.

Then a comment comes from Sera and he can't help but laugh again "Glad to be of use" there is, although, a moment of confusion on his face "Damage? Yes, perhaps. Bureaucracy is like the Red Sea - it parts for the chosen and drowns the wicked. But don't worry, I have no intention of using my influence for anything other than making sure we can sleep without one eye open. It's be cutting the branch I'm sitting on, really. Besides, I'm no Elder of Zion." A pause for dramatic purposes "Yet"

There is an appreciative nod when the Nix states her readiness to help. "I will" The idea is quite sound. Summer or not, Alex is no fighter, unlike the Siren before him. She can be invaluable when it comes to Freehold security. Yet another reason to hang out with the Springs more often.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Elemental places one hand on his hip, using the other like a pure-blooded Italian at dinner to illustrate his story. "Street cons were half the game. Tourists are worse than townies. A little. So we hit them hard. I'd strike up a conversation or offer a tour. Friends in the back would grab wallets, phones, you name it. What else... Oh! The postal service? Goldmine. Fedex likes to deliver when people are at work. No challenge in swiping a package off the front porch. Sell whatever it is online." His words pick up pace as the story pours out, finally finishing with a punctuated breath. He nods to himself in satisfaction. It may have been long winded, but talking about himself isn't hard. "Bout sums it up."

Quick blinks a few times as they discuss Freehold security. He looks between the two, taking it in. He'd already mentioned what he could do when he first spoke with Alex. If anyone did threaten the Freehold, they'd be in for a rude awakening. Did I really just go there? Thinking of this place as home is becoming second nature. A strange and pleasant surprise.

A quirked brow and a smile fix on Sera as she describes the form and function of her 'take no prisoners' outfit. He can't resist adding his own input at the end. "And heels. Black. Little added height. Professional and elegant. World? Conquered." He laughs lightly.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

0 Scenes

Time's up folks!
    Let's get one more round of posting and call this Luau done!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Seems the guys had something in common. Which was always a good thing, made things go smoother and less awkward. Awkward sucked, she hated awkward.

“Secrets of the trade?” an eyebrow was raised, “Do tell! And I agree, life is fascinating, especially when you are learning about something.” She actually loved learning new things. After years atop a pedestal within a cage, knowledge was something she seeked.

Smirking at Alex, “Well, that’s good to hear cause I’d hate to have to kick your ass in front of everyone.” A wink was added at the end, she was being playful. Well, kind of was. If he crossed the Freehold and sold them out, she would have no issue putting him down.

Listening to Quick was proving interesting. What he said made sense, but it was also scary. “The whole Fedex thing sounds smart. Well, not for the company or the people who bought things, but how it creates a perfect chance for swiping it.” She would defiantly be more careful now when buying online.

Excitement lights up her eyes, “Of course! But I’d prefer to go with a nice pair of Louboutins, well, once I can afford them anyways. A nice pair of heels with the right skirt can move mountains. Especially if you know how to work them. Quick, we have to go shopping sometime!” she gushed.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Bump Travisc06489 "Bump" this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread