Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The smile remains as the praise continued to pour in. Even though she knew she couldn’t take all the credit, secretly her ego was bursting.

“Thank you Groundskeeper, Spring was more than willing and happy to throw this party.” Plus she didn’t know if Summer would have done it, or if they decided on a leader yet.

“Oh, sure, of course.” The Nix follows.

Nodding, “It was a team effort, Brigid pulled out all the stops with the food.” Credit where it was due. “Spearheaded it?” one shoulder shrugs, “Not really sure. A luau had been talked about at our last gathering at the restaurant. I simply brought it back up. If I may, why do you ask?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Alexander Brown

It seems his words weren't taken as unduly excited. Good. Praise is like salt: unbearable in too large quantity.

"Then I'll have to thank Brigid personally. It looks delicious." It did. He chews on a snack he's taken earlier, pondering on stealing some of the food for a session of unadulterated gluttony later.

"Yes, I remember." Alex replies when Sera brings up the restaurant gathering. "Pity Lucian wasn't around to contribute."

The Nix instantly sees through the pleasantries, as expected."Of course, there's always a reason. Mine was assuming that you've been here the longest, making you a natural leader. We didn't really have a chance to talk since I got here, but you seem like a person able to bring out the best in people. Make their talents bloom. Makes you wonder what other surprises you all have in store." Sure, it was a bout of playful flattery, but far be it from the Darkling to lie. No, that one was true.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Nodding, “Yeah, I think he would have loved to see how the idea has come to life.” But, seemed the Freehold wasn’t for him. For whatever reason he had to leave, she still wished him well.

Yup, always a reason, she silently agrees. She takes a sip of her water as she listens.

“I agree, we really haven’t gotten to talk. I would enjoy getting to know you better, see if any of my skills would be of use to security. And of course, knowing more about you.” She was naturally curious about people. Especially what drove them.

“A natural leader?”
    she asks as her head shakes, “No, I’m no leader, I just have ideas and the drive to see them come to life.” She didn’t have a problem accepting compliments, but only those that were true. “As to making talents bloom, I simply observe them, see what drives them, what they want and encourage it.” Was all really simple to her.

A smirk forms, “Other surprises?” she asks coyly, “Well, a woman must have her secrets, she can’t share them all. Your questions make me wonder if there is something you are looking for.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Alexander Brown

"Of use to security? Do you have any combat experience... or allies that could help us stay informed? Come to think of it, I do recall you asking if we need assassins the other night..." Of course, back then she might've been playful. Or she might be the changeling version of Uma Thurman from "Kill Bill". You just never know.

He doesn't really know what to make of the notion that she wants to "know him better", so he lets out a soft laugh. Because soft laughs are free and allow you to come up with a witty response. "Well, I suppose our interests align here, with both of us wanting to get to know the other. So... who is Seraphina the Spring Courtier?" General questions like that, they be the best. Allow the other party to say as much or as little as they want, all without the risk of being perceived as nosy.

He smiles as she humbly denies being a leader. At least he thinks it's humility - it might just as easily be deflection. "Isn't that what leaders do? Encourage others to grow beyond their former selves? But if you've given up the Antler Crown... who claimed it?" Because a little bit of being direct never killed anyone. Right?

"Oh, far be it from me to want you to give away all your secrets... at once." He's really enjoying this verbal dance, partly because Seraphina is at least as good, if not better, at it than he is. The smirk is returned. "And you're right, it's not about sating shallow curiosity. I must say that the Verdant Court was always fascinating to me - not many have the will or ability to pursue happiness after what we've all been through. By extension, that makes you and your comrades fascinating as well, so forgive me if I appear too... voyeuristic." It's a courteous non-apology and they both know it, but it needed to be said.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a smirk, “I haven’t had the chance to build any allies yet, been focusing on other things. But I’m very useful in a fight and I’m not afraid throw down.” Yeah, pretty girl that can kick ass. “I’ve been looking for someone to spar with, maybe you’d like to join me sometime? Give you a chance to see what I can do, and a chance to get your butt kicked by a girl.” She adds with a wink.

Interesting way to turn the question. “Who am I? You know something, I don’t think I’ve ever been asked that.” Which was true. “Lets see, there is the obvious, I’m a Siren, but one who can also handle herself in a fight.” Her free hand was raised, palm up, “I can organize a damn fine party and I enjoy relaxing with a good book and even better cup of tea.” Of course there were other more enjoyable ways to relax, but she figured that would go without saying. “Or was there other things you wanted to know?” she asks with a smile.

Shrugging, “A good leader does need to be able to do that. But also needs to be willing to take responsibility for those around her and guide them in the right direction. While some of that I can do and am willing to do, I only want responsibility for myself. At least for now. Maybe someday I’ll feel ready to take the Crown for Spring and be the leader it deserves, but not right now.” Right now she wanted to be selfish, and feels there is nothing wrong with that. “As to who claimed it,” sapphires slide from Alex to Ingrid, “Why she did.” There was a nod of head, “And I believe she is going to excel at it.” Which she really did believe. If not, then she would have stepped up. “Now I think the same question can be posed to you, last gathering Summer was with our a King, or Queen,” there was Circe now, “Has Summer found its leader?” seemed a fair question.

A sip was taken as she listens, figuring her answer. “Well, I would lying if I didn’t say it wasn’t flattering.” A little. “Pursing happiness only seems natural after we’ve endured. And not pursing it after our escape only seems to allow them to keep some part of us, allow them to take any chance of thriving and surviving. See, I always refused to let them take away my hope and my desire to live and enjoy life. I’m not a victim and refuse to dwell on my past. And being able to awaken or bring others Desires to life fulfills me.” She wasn’t expecting anyone who wasn’t Spring to get it. “But I haven’t been called fascinating before, at least not when it comes to my Court.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Alexander Brown

"I'll keep that in mind." He responds to her admittance of fighting prowess. "But I must decline your offer, for both our sakes. After all, someone who hasn't been in a fight since high school is not much of a sparring partner. But maybe Circe can be my champion? I'd bet she'd be much more of a challenge." The last two sentences are added simply to lighten up the overall message. Besides, it'd be good to keep the Nix occupied and tired if he ever gets on her bad side - which he doesn't plan to do, but you ust never know.

So a party planner/warrior/book and tea lover? That's one hell of a multiclassing instance. There are no such thing as one-dimensional people, but some hide more depths than others, and one of them is standing right before him. There is a massive "we need to go deeper" sign above their heads. "Books? What books do you like most?" It's a lame question to ask, perhaps, but the answer can be telling. And practical: everybody likes gifts, after all. "And if you don't mind me asking: are you a local, a traveller? I recall you saying you sometimes perform at the Note, is that a self-taught skill or a trained one?" He has more, way more questions, obviously, but is wary not to ask too many at once.

So Ingrid is the Queen of Spring? Figures. If not Sera, she's the logical heir, since Brigid doesn't seem to want any kind of power over others, Seasonal or otherwise. The readiness to step up expressed by the Nix is also duly noted. Interesting. "What makes you say she will excel at it? It's not that I don't trust your judgement, on the contrary: I think there's a very good reason you say that." The ice becomes thin, as there is a myriad of ways this question can be taken, but the Darkling hopes it won't backfire. "And as for Summer... we are still figuring it out." It's quite embarassing, really, and Alex drops his gaze to the floor for a moment, in a clear attempt to move on from the topic.

"That's a very interesting way of seeing things." The most beautiful thing about it is he doesn't even need to feign interest. Although it's not his path, Alexander believes what Sera said to be a mature take on the Verdant Court. "You said you bring the Desires or others to life. How do you do that?" There might be some very interesting tales hidden behind it all, and he wonders if she'd be willing to share any.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Now, this was unexpected to hear. A Summer who didn’t or couldn’t fight.

Smirking, “You’re Champion huh? Kind of like in Game of Throne? Well, if she’s up for it, I’d be more than happy to spar with her. It’s been a few months since I’ve had someone to spar with. I find it’s easier to stay in fighting shape that way. But if she isn’t up for it, that’s ok, there are plenty of willing participants at the gym I use.” Though it would be good to know what Circe could bring to a fight. Well, besides a gun, which she seemed quite fond of.

“A variety actually. Anything from thrillers to fantasy to books on various health conditions. There is this author who writes about actual viruses but in a story. So the science and fact are there, but it’s easier to understand and get into. Those books fascinate me.”
    Reading true stories about viruses that could kill you was both terrifying, and intriguing.

Shaking her head, “Not a traveler anymore. And yes, Sasha was kind enough to allow me the chance and opportunity to perform here. As to my singing, well, as far back as I can remember I’ve sang. It started at a young age. My mother cultivated and pushed my talent, making me fairly successful, but my time, uh, away, enhanced it.” That’s a good way of putting it. “I’ve spent more years than I can count performing on stage, but even after all this time, it doesn’t get boring.” Of course she was careful when singing for a human audience. “What about you? Surely you have some talents.” Everyone was good at something. “Or hobbies, I hardly doubt you are all business all the time.” Smirking. Or was he?

Her head tilts slightly to the side, sapphires studying his face, “Aren’t you full of interesting questions. Before I answer, why the sudden interest in Spring and why I support who took the Crown?” she wasn’t trying to be rude, but she was curious.

“Oh, well I’m sure you’ll figure it out.” She was expecting him to say he wore the Crown. He had been here longer than the other Summers, but the same could be said for her.

“I have a few tricks to achieving that. But it comes down to listening to someone, everyone has something they long for, something that drives them. Once you know what it is, you can pull strings here and there to make it become reality. Or you can do the opposite, crush it.” Yeah, she said it. And yes, she’s done it. “Fanning the flames so to speak, boosting their ego, the possibilities are endless when you know what you’re doing. And want to help.” It was plain as day to her.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Alexander Brown

Was there any doubt whatsoever that Circe'd be up for a fight? Nope, and it's not about whether she can or cannot throw a puch. It's about the attitude towards challenges, having fun and causing mayhem. Which, if the Darkling reads her right, are often one and the same for the elven gunrunner.

"Game of Thrones? Who am I in this comparison, Tyrion Lannister?" He says with a laugh. Although it'd prove most enlightening if Sera'd liken him to a character from the series, even if not entirely seriously.

An avid reader, that one. With very diverse tastes. It makes the "figuring out a gift" thing a lot easier. It seems all he has to do is pick something exotic at the bookstore, and the Nix will surely appreciate it. After all, isn't that what Spring is about? Trying new things? "So you're an omnivore when it comes to books. Personally, I'm more of a non-fiction person. Life can write stories no author'd dare to create in fear of being called ridiculous." Deep life truths woven into casual conversation? Check.

He blinks, seemingly surprised, as if he's trying to compute what she's just said. "Anymore? Does that mean you moved a lot before?" What she said about her mother might shed some additional light on it, but as tempting as it is to go down that road, the verb "pushed" is pretty disheartening, telling of some unpleasant past, not fitting for a talk such as this. "Are your performances a regular thing? If yes, where do I book the first row?" When she asks about his talents, a mask of false modesty visits his face. "Well, you know... I'm pretty good with people. Fitting into a crowd, any crowd, selling them on ideas and convincing them they were theirs to begin with... I also used to be a white hat hacker, but that was a long time ago." He smiles widely, devilishly, like he's just told her a great secret that is now hers to keep. "And you're right, I'm not all business all the time. It took forever to convince my neighbors, but now I have a little roof garden where I live. I tend to it. Or try to. I'd never have thought tomatoes'd be this hard to grow!" He exclaims in a mockery of complaint.

The Siren dodges his question, and counters it with her own. Oddly enough, she appears curious rather than rude or accusatory, unlike many people if they'd have been asked the same. "Who says it's sudden? Like I told you, I was always interested in how Sping views the world. Unless you mean this particular Spring, in which case the reason is: you're the most populous Court besides my own, and you're obviously diverse in your personalities and talents. I'd make an abysmal Groundskeeper if I'd remain blind to that." He takes a breath and a sip and a bite. "And I'm interested in your personal opinion because you said you encourage other people's Desires. That wouldn't be possible if you weren't observant, and because you are you can describe Ingrid accurately. On my end this is pure gain right there." The eye contact is reciprocated, as the two carefully study each other.

She's ust admitted to be a skilled manipulator. Was that a threat? "So..." Yeah. Definitely a threat. "Don't piss Seraphina off or she'll kick the crap out of you and crush your desires. Noted." He smiles, seemingly pleased with the joke (?) he's just made. The Siren seems to be more of a kindred spirit than he'd expected, at least in some aspects.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a sly smile at his question, “An amazing book series to read. But I don’t think I’ve talked with you enough to get a feel for which character would fit you. And I haven’t seen you navigate a delicate political battlefield, so we’ll have to see.” She finishes with a wink. There is always first impressions, but you couldn’t really base everything off those.

A musical laugh, “That’s a great way of putting it! Never thought of that one before, I like it!” creative, this one has a mind it seemed. “Ah, there are some amazing non-fiction books out there. Any stand out to you? Or that you’d recommend? And I couldn’t agree more about life. The stories of some people’s lives are simply fascinating! Imagine the books one of us could write? Of course it would be considered fantasy by the world, but the stories we could tell.” Each Lost had a story all their own, and to have those stories put in books would make a fortune.

She nods her head, “All the time, to the point that my mother decided to home-school.” It helped with the bullies, “I grew up doing pageant’s, my mother living out her dream through me.” She shrugs.

“I leave my schedule up to Sasha. But the next time I’m scheduled, I’ll make sure to let you know. And don’t worry, I tone my voice down.” She says with knowing grin. Her voice could move crowds, and it wasn’t really appropriate for humans. She’d done it before, but knew better now.
    “Ah, so a smooth talker huh? I can see that. You do seem to have a way with words, and that’s not a bad talent to have. Has it served you well?” she might not be a smooth talker, but she had other ways.

There was a genuine smile, “You, a gardener? I would never have guessed! But it does seem like a relaxing hobby. Unfortunately, I have a black thumb, I can’t keep plants alive. So I’m a little jealous.” a little.

“Only sudden because we’ve barely spoken since you arrived in the Freehold. So questions regarding my judgement on my Seasons Queen seems sudden to me.”
    She wasn’t sure what his motives were, if he had any. Or was being honest in that he was curious. Time would tell. “You’re right in the assessment, Spring has a very diverse set of personalities. But that is what makes us successful and able to work with each other so well.” Where one was weak, another was strong. “As to my opinion, I see Ingrid as a natural leader. She has a vision for Spring and the Freehold that I can stand behind and support. Not to mention she has been very easy to communicate with. I see a Queen as someone who needs to be strong, but also knows how to be soft. She has our best interests at heart, and I trust her.” How long the trust would last for, or how long Ingrid would wear the Crown remained to be seen.

Another laugh, “No. I don’t go out of my way to crush desires. But I won’t hesitate to kick the crap out of someone if provoked. In all fairness, I’m harmless and don’t go looking for trouble.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

It's true, they didn't talk enough to get a proper feel of each other. Up to this point, it was more like a "not at all", really. "Then the only solution I see for us is to talk more often. In fact, I'd love to meet the other Springs as well in case I don't have the chance to thank them properly tonight." He looked over towards Ingrid and Brigid, both tangled in conversations of their own.

Sera applauded his way of describing her and laughed, and it's the only reward he needed. Interesting that the full scope of this one's voice showed not by words but by laughter. "Oh, there's many. Like any good Summer, my favourite topic is war, obviously. I'll throw some recommendations your way later, but the one I return to the most is Live from the Battlefield. Peter Arnett?" He looked in her eyes from above his drink to see if she recognizes the man. "Stories we could tell, yeah... shame we never will, secrecy and all that." He appears lost in thoughts for a moment.

Alex is abruptly pulled from the state as Sera reflects on her childhood. In fact he journeys all the way to indignation. And blinks. "That must've been... I can't even imagine. Sorry to bring it up." He crawls away from the topic. Although it is now quite clear why she is so keen on following her own desires and choosing the ones she will fulfill in others. Thankfully, she shifts on her own volition. "Has it served me well? Let's see: it got me my mundane ob, a lot of free drinks at bars and saved my life more times than I care to count. On the other hand, it also took away my family and made me the handsome I am today." He casually pointed to his featureless face with both hands, wondering if she will follow on the topic or if caution will prevail.

The smile is returned as their conversation flows towards gardening for a moment. "The secret ingredient is patience" he says a little more quietly and with a smile like they were two confidantes, sharing a genuine secret.

He shifts back to business mode when they move to Spring, and everything about him shows this: his tone, gait, even facial expression. "You're absolutely right, though I was never one to tiptoe around if it can be helped. I thought to myself: what better moment to educate myself and set the groundwork for future cooperation - between Seasons, but between people as well - than amidst the display of Spring's ability? I'm not going to insult your intelligence and tell you I don't have an agenda. I do, and it's to earn everyone's trust, but to do that I need to know them better... within their limits of comfort, of course. Besides, I want everyone to know that if they need help - my door is always open. And I don't need to sleep that much so midnight calls are not a bother either." He exhibits a warm, friendly smile. "Which is why I'm wondering: this vision for Spring Ingrid has - what is it?" Was he pushing the limits of trust? Maybe, but he figures that even if he does, Sera will say it, rather than kick him in the gut - if she's as harmless as she claims.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread