Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1706) Brigid & Thomas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

Brigid took note of the way he reacted with a pinch of salt. Thomas simply seemed that way inclined, and the Wizened could appreciate it. Many men these days were simply muscled idiots.

A small smile, born from politeness.

"I believe that you are a librarian, Mr. Land, is that correct?"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Thomas returns Brigid's smile, timidly. Nervous, clawed fingers smooth imaginary wrinkles from his ridiculous looking Hawaiian shirt.

When the Wizened asks her question there's a moment of silence as Thomas squints at her from behind his wire-framed spectacles, as if trying to get a better view.

"Hm-hmmmm, yes--yes, I am a Librarian by trade, and in my...spare time. Why do you, um, ask?"

The Mole-Man is anxious and curious in equal measures. As always.

B
    Brigid McCarthy

Brigid understood nerves. Even though much of what happened to her during her Durance had been forgotten in hazy dreams and nightmares, the Wizened could always recall an ongoing feeling of fear and anxiousness, understanding with complete clarity what would become of her if she was to act in any way out of decorum or ineptitude.

"Ah, excellent! I was hoping to pay it a visit, if that would be acceptable? Before I was taken, I had yet to attend college, and as such there was much I was hoping to learn, do you understand?"

There was a desire in the Wizened's eyes, and an openness that made her beam.

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Does you understand?

Thomas is not sure he does. Can't decide whether the Chatelaine is simply asking for undisturbed entry to the university library where he works or speaking in code, seeking permission to peruse his private collection.

The Mole-Man considers Brigid, the dust and cobwebs in her hair and strangely translucent skin doing little to detract from her exquisite and delicate features. Even the scent of bleach, which wrinkles his fleshy, pink nose is not un-pleasant. "Uh-hm," Thomas clears his throat and looks down, suddenly interested in his shoes, before glancing up again.

"Well, yes, I suppose. Yes, certainly--I'm sure I can get you a, hm, guest pass to the University Library. Probably borrowing privileges as well. And, um, if not--I can check you out the books myself. If that's what you, uh, desire...?"

Yes, desire, it's all about desire with these Spring Courtiers. Indeed, the look in Brigid's eyes just now reminds him of Ingrid. It's that look, though, that frightens the Mole-Man. Something deep inside him shrinks away from such open displays of, well, hunger. Perhaps its the prey animal in him. Or perhaps its simply his all-too-human awkwardness. Either way, his discomfort shows.

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

Brigid didn't reply immediately. Instead, she looked down her nose at Thomas, wondering if she had overstepped her own personal boundary so early. She hadn't meant to, hadn't meant to show her own desire so openly. She was most certainly the turn of Spring, when the touch of Winter still lingered and the air was crisp and fresh; the perfect time to change anew.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Land," she apologised, offering the Beast a small bow, "How utterly rude of me to have bombarded you with work. How are you? have you settled in well with the community? Have you tried the poi? Its most delicious and a staple in Polynesian culture," the Wizened added, trying to offer knowledge to the Knowledgable.

There was always decorum, and the chatelaine had overstepped.

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

The sudden change in topic takes Thomas by surprise. What kind of conversational strategy is this? Oh, these Spring Courtiers are tricky, tricky... the Mole-Man thinks. Ever suspicious of the motives of others, especially those that seem to be treating him kindly. After all, what self-respecting person would be friendly with a thing like Thomas just for the sake of it? No: Brigid is clearly after something else. Thomas just doesn't know what that something else is. Not yet.

"N-no, no need to apologize, Ms. McCarthy. No, none at all. My work is also my, well, pleasure. A bit of, hm, luck, that." It's true. One of the few areas of his life where he is actually lucky: Thomas does what he loves.

"Hm-hmmmm, well, I've been settling in nicely," as well as an awkward and ever-anxious Mole can, really, "um, thank you for asking. And yourself?"

Food now? The Mole-Man gives her a squinting look from behind his spectacles "Poi? Um, no. Not yet, I'm afraid. What's it, well, made of?" Thomas is a fount of knowledge, but not when it comes to the culinary.

8. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Somewhat hesitantly the Ashen Wisp steps towards the Spring Cleaner, and her Twilit Page.

"Hi," she starts, "Sorry if I'm interrupting."

The wisp shifts from foot to foot, "But-ah, I wanted to pay my compliments to all of the Springs who've put this together." that sounded like a legitimate reason for interrupting, and it was also true, Spring had rallied to get the Solstice up and running, while the Summers had floundered. "So, uh. Thanks." she clears her throat. "Thank you Brigid, for helping to organize this wonderful party."

a beat of awkward silence,

"So, how are you two?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

"I'm fine, thank you, yes, been settling in nicely," Brigid replied, hands clasped before her, glad that she had regained control of herself, and therefore the flow of the conversation. "By God's grace, every member of the Freehold has been pleasant and welcoming. It has been a weight from my shoulders, especially moving so far from the place I knew."

The question about the food made the Wizened smile, her cheeks stretching over her bones. "Poi is part of traditional Hawaiian culture, and is mashed from the cooked plant stem of the taro until it has turned into a fluid, and depending on how it has been made, depends upon its consistency," she explained, adding, "its thickness determines how fingers are required to eat it. Our poi is two-fingers." To emphasis the point, two long, bony fingers, pressed together, was raised to her own lips to indicate to Thomas how best to eat the poi, and in no way was it supposed to be seductive.

At which point, Queen Ankaa joined them, quickly passing on her compliments to Brigid, and by extension, the Freehold in general as the Wizened perceived it.

Naturally, the chatelaine bowed to the Director.

"You honour me, My Queen, however I simply arranged for the food and drink. It is Ms. Sera who deserves a bulk of the praise, and of course Queen Ingrid for allowing us the opportunity to provide a celebration for the solstice. I pray Summer finds it acceptable."

She honestly did. Pray.

"We are fine, I believe," Brigid smiled, hands clasped once again before her, looking towards Thomas, the pair of them having just had this very conversation. "I was just explaining to Mr. Land the traditional way to eat poi. Two-fingers, however, there is some spoons available for anyone not wishing to use their hands," Brigid said with a small titter. "And yourself, my Queen?"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

The Mole-Man listens with a strange sort of intensity as Brigid explains the finer points of Poi. And when she demonstrates the manner in which you eat the stuff, Thomas mimics her with his clawed fingers. It's almost endearing this gesture, in its eagerness. "Oh, hm, very interesting. I will have to try some, yes."

But then Mhairi is joining them and Thomas adds his own, awkward bow to Brigid's. "No, not interrupting at, um, all," he answers, a weak smile on his mole's face.

"Yes, it is quite something, the party I mean," he adds to Mhairi's own compliments.

"She was," Thomas says, miming the gesture for Poi eating again.

13. Likes , Forn Clakes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi raises her small plate of food, and the drink in her hand, "And I thank you for it." deft, if drippy fingers secured the plate and the drink in one hand, so the wisp could still nibble. "It's a great selection and very tasty."

And Ingrid is Queen. Huh. Mhairi's fell-flames drift over to the Darkling. Knowing that Sera didn't want the Crown she had guessed that it would be Ingrid who'd dawn it, but Mhairi could still see Brigid wanting the Crown. How better to serve, then to be on top?

A quirk of her lips, "Since I hear no yelling, and no one's tried to rip the decorations down and light them on fire, I'm going to assume that Summer's more then pleased with Spring's wonderful effort."

Mhairi blinks, "Poi?" her head tilts in her confusion, but the gesture Thomas make causes her to "Aha!" she nods, "I haven't had any myself, but I remember something like that from the food network."

"I'm alright." she nods, smiling, before taking a sip of her pina colada "I have a million things to do, and my mind continues to remind me of them. Which is making my enjoyment of the Solstice waver when I'm reminded once again of that really long list." she blink, "Sorry. I didn't mean to - I meant that, my mind's being taken off of that stuff, because of how wonderful the Solstice has been." she nods. That sounded better.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.