Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

I like it.

I throw lots of ideas back at you, so is that's not what you want, skip the rest.

Regarding age. 60 would be an old wolf indeed, and you would be light on skills due to the xop starting cap.

Some ideas for that
    After the war you joined up with a commune, and stayed until very recently. Whether destroyed in a fire touched attack or the other members got old and slowly died off one by one, both have interesting tragedies to them.
    Alternate, you were in a different war. Iraq, Somalia, Kosovo. Or a non us war. Kashmir, FARC, the Troubles.

I see lots of language dots. Especially Vietnamese, but possibly Spanish as well.
    Interesting factoid, there is a very large Hmong community in Sacramento who arrived after the war.
    Fun fact: The character concept actually started with them being Russian and the place they were reassigned to was Siberia. However, along with not being terribly well-versed on Russian military conflicts, there is the issue that they need to eventually end up in Sacramento and I felt that'd make more sense if they were American-born in the first place.

The Iraq War may be a possibility. If they enlisted in their 20s, then they'd be in their 40s by now, which is still decently aged for a "profession" that doesn't see many old werewolves. Though it may not have the same resonance. Either way, I figure the lack of skills can be explained by way of atrophy. Not using them all the time means they're no longer as skilled as they once were. Physical skills are their primary, so the 11 dots are spread so they have some experience in most areas, but only a few that are professional grade. They'll be light on the supernatural element (Gifts, Primal Urge, Renown) for as long as they've been around, but they also probably had their First Change later than others as well (in their 30s or so).

I like the idea of his pack actually being done in by old age. It adds the specter of death to him as well, because it's a very real possibility that it could be his downfall as well.

Dang. DrDog may actually have a point. My concept may actually be too old. America dropped out of the Vietnam War by '73. Since my concept calls for him to have enough credibility with the army even after losing favor to request bad apples be sent his way, they wouldn't just let some grunt make such a request, he'd have to have some rank before then and Google tells me you need to have been in service for six years to become a Sergeant 1st class (I'm not actually too familiar with military command, this is just is the first rank that requires you to have served an amount of time). And he needs to have been, at minimum, 18 before that to have been part of the draft.

If we assume that he worked with his Vietnamese pack for even just one year before being forced to pull out, then that'd put him at somewhere around 74 years of age. And I don't believe the Uratha have anything more than a regular human lifespan. I wanted to play an older werewolf, yes, but this might actually be pushing what's plausible.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

If you are looking for the 40ish year old with command experience, you are looking at 25 years old at time of war, and 15 years ago. 15 years ago was Afghanistan, or you can be younger and aim for Iraq 2.
    A little extra age pushes you into Kosovo, but that was kinda brief for all that you want to have happened.

For reference, Tiny is in his 40s, and everyone treats him like he's got a cane.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

What, you mean BOTH Elodoths are senior citizens as far as the other Uratha are concerned?

That would be hilarious.

7. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

Well, yes, but he also acts much older than the others.

Emily, for example, turns 29 in November, but acts.... well. She can act her age, just usually chooses not to out of work.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
+ Reply to Thread