Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I am intrigued! I would like to hear from the ST (Kelreth) if this would be a possibility (Den). For down the line, my character isn't going to have a place of business open to the public (he's a freelance software designer/developer/coder), but he will have a home with a home office, and I could see it being a Den someday if the ST/Venue was amenable to the idea.

If you wanted something like Haven, I believe there might be the Den Merit from Changing Breeds Gillfish . It is not as comprehensive as Haven but it does reflect a 'safe' or 'private' space for the character.
    Kelreth would you be willing to accept such a merit in the current game?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

I need to read up on that merit within the Changing Breeds book. I'm not sure how it works out to 3 dots unless there's additional features going on. That being said I wouldn't be opposed to working out some variant of Havens for Wolf either. I can't remember if something like it has been implemented in an existing book...I'll have to check Wolf 2.0.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Thank you! It isn't likely to com up for a while if at all; I just wanted to know what you thought about it.

I need to read up on that merit within the Changing Breeds book. I'm not sure how it works out to 3 dots unless there's additional features going on. That being said I wouldn't be opposed to working out some variant of Havens for Wolf either. I can't remember if something like it has been implemented in an existing book...I'll have to check Wolf 2.0.

D
    Discordant

Hey I submitted my character. I know it's the holiday season but wanted to make sure someone was aware.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Tagging Kelreth - he is the Werewolf ST.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

I'm sorry Discordant ! Looking at the submission now.

D
    Discordant

Thank you!

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

So Character creation idea:
    (yes Kelreth, i'm back. )

I'm thinking a lawyer. Like actual honest to the bench lawyer. He worked mostly in arbitration, with a fair bit in minor civil defense. He was a good lawyer too. Impassioned, reasonable, and most importantly, a pain in the ass. He'd file every motion, every appeal, and drown his opponents in paperwork.
    But he had two problems.The first was an honest streak. Which needless to say,was a bad thing in the legal profession. The second was anger management issues. Nothing like punching a smirking juror in the face to get you on the short path to Disbarment. Between filing appeals against his disbarment and trying to salvage his sundered relationships, he was not in a good place. On the day he had to file the response to the appeal rejection, he woke up sick. Not feverish, just heartsick. something was wrong, and he could fix it. He wandered the streets of cleveland in a daze. He found himself on the shoreline as the moon rose over the city. Standing in the surf with the small waves ruining his loafers, he felt he was in the right place. but couldn't figure out what to do. The waves pulled back, and for a moment he stood on wet ground, and had the epiphany. "water of the shore is not water of the lake. Earth of the shore is not earth of the land. In between places are their own spaces." He howled his joy, his releif, his understanding. His mother found him playing with mudballs in the surf, switching forms between Dalu and Gauru and Hishu, lost in the delight of the understanding. She and her pack promptly beat him up and tattooed him. Sadly, he missed his filing date, and 3 months later got his disbarement notice, but by then, he was already waist deep in much older, more important laws.

So the idea I have is a fairly happy, honest, earnest Elodoth. Someone who wants to get along with everyone, someone who likes finding ways to get people to agree. He's a fan of framework shifting, and absolutely loves dealing with spirits. For tribe i'm thinking probably storm lords, with bone shadows as a second idea. Renown will be 2 honor and 1 wisdom.
    some politics, lots of empathy, some brawl skill.
    presence, Intelligence, composure focused.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

So the idea I've got is along the lines of "disgraced war veteran". Something of an older wolf, who's more used to taking a behind-the-scenes support role. Had his First Change after being drafted for Vietnam while his company was razing an area with flamethrowers. He could feel the anger of the nature spirits and ended up tearing apart his own unit to make them stop. This would first get him redeployed to someplace out of the way and later dishonorably discharged when he got back home. But to tie into his Elodoth negotiation skills, he ended up using his rank to try and reassign other "bad apples" to his unit in hopes of finding more werewolves, though most of his pack were Vietnamese and technically the enemy, or rather noncombatants, who had their own problems to deal with. The war made for lots of angry spirits to contend with.

This still leaves a lot of time before then and now and while I don't have a full picture of it, I imagine him living in the Florida Everglades and serving as go-between there until his pack got decimated by a Fire-Touched raid. He barely escaped with his own life and regrets even that, but as something of a lone survivor, he felt there was no use trying to fight back on his lonesome and left for Sacramento. Why Sacramento? Because if he was gonna relocate again, he felt he should apply Elodoth balance to it, feeling that he'd protected a number of Sacred Places in wild areas, but urban areas had Sacred Places to be protected to. Plus he had an old war buddy there.

Mechanically, I feel the concept lends itself to high Stealth and Firearms, so he feels like he'll develop into some guerilla sniper sort of character. Fairly well-developed Socially too, as he's more accustomed to negotiating than going in guns blazing. Though I think I can only go with Contacts in Military. If he ended on less-than-great terms with the army, I'm not too sure I could justify actually having Allies in it.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

So the idea I've got is along the lines of "disgraced war veteran". Something of an older wolf, who's more used to taking a behind-the-scenes support role. Had his First Change after being drafted for Vietnam while his company was razing an area with flamethrowers. He could feel the anger of the nature spirits and ended up tearing apart his own unit to make them stop. This would first get him redeployed to someplace out of the way and later dishonorably discharged when he got back home. But to tie into his Elodoth negotiation skills, he ended up using his rank to try and reassign other "bad apples" to his unit in hopes of finding more werewolves, though most of his pack were Vietnamese and technically the enemy, or rather noncombatants, who had their own problems to deal with. The war made for lots of angry spirits to contend with.

This still leaves a lot of time before then and now and while I don't have a full picture of it, I imagine him living in the Florida Everglades and serving as go-between there until his pack got decimated by a Fire-Touched raid. He barely escaped with his own life and regrets even that, but as something of a lone survivor, he felt there was no use trying to fight back on his lonesome and left for Sacramento. Why Sacramento? Because if he was gonna relocate again, he felt he should apply Elodoth balance to it, feeling that he'd protected a number of Sacred Places in wild areas, but urban areas had Sacred Places to be protected to. Plus he had an old war buddy there.

Mechanically, I feel the concept lends itself to high Stealth and Firearms, so he feels like he'll develop into some guerilla sniper sort of character. Fairly well-developed Socially too, as he's more accustomed to negotiating than going in guns blazing. Though I think I can only go with Contacts in Military. If he ended on less-than-great terms with the army, I'm not too sure I could justify actually having Allies in it.
    I like it.

I throw lots of ideas back at you, so is that's not what you want, skip the rest.

Regarding age. 60 would be an old wolf indeed, and you would be light on skills due to the xop starting cap.

Some ideas for that
    After the war you joined up with a commune, and stayed until very recently. Whether destroyed in a fire touched attack or the other members got old and slowly died off one by one, both have interesting tragedies to them.
    Alternate, you were in a different war. Iraq, Somalia, Kosovo. Or a non us war. Kashmir, FARC, the Troubles.

I see lots of language dots. Especially Vietnamese, but possibly Spanish as well.
    Interesting factoid, there is a very large Hmong community in Sacramento who arrived after the war.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
+ Reply to Thread