Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Watch

Character Creation (Info in 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

This thread is for discussing character concepts with others; perhaps hammering out problems, or finding better fits. You're expected to know the source material. This isn't a "Learn To Play Werewolf" thread.

This is a place to discuss:
    - concepts
    - settings
    - history
    - Auspices
    - Tribes
    - Lodges
    - skills/merits/etc to validate concept

This is not a place to discuss:
    - min/maxing
    - Long descriptions of your character’s background. Summaries work best or special particulars about your character. You may also not want to put all their secrets out in this thread, it will make for fun role play later.

Most of your ideas will be vetted by other players and of course are still subject to final approval by Team Green when the character is submitted

Once you're ready to submit and fill out the form, your submission can be found here:
    Main Forum > Out Of Character > Character Sheets > Werewolf

This is where the Storyteller will post feedback and work with you on the submission, by replying to the thread.

Once the submission is approved, this will become your character sheet, where you will find your XP awards, and where you can post expenditure requests. Only you can see your sheet, but on the Storyteller can edit it. All XP expenditures or other interaction should be posted as replies to the sheet.

This should be a base submission. Your character creation XP will be added once this is approved. Please do not post your XP expenditures until the ST has asked you to.

Thanks!

Site Rules
    Werewolf House Rules
    Site Character Creation Rules
    Werewolf Character Creation Rules
    Gifts
    Werewolf Wiki (For recent city History)

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Forn Clakes, liked this post
    D
    Dibzva

Ooh, popping the Werewolf concept thread cherry! I feel all special.

Well, I don't have a huge amount worked out for my concept thus far. I am pretty set on playing an Ithaeur. Less set is tribe, currently Shadow Lords appeal, but I am flexible on that.

Essentially, I see him as a bit of a 'freak in a suit'. With an air of respectability but freaky/unorthodox on the inside. Maybe he always wanted to be pack alpha but quickly worked out he didn't really have the required attributes/physical presence. So, he focused his goals on his auspice.

I get the impression that secretly, he has really low self esteem. Not really feeling he is worthy, when given a task he half expects to fail. Perhaps in overcompensating for possible failure he improves his chances of success? Whatever, he usually succeeds anyway, but doesn't really feel he deserves the accolades he earns. Maybe he thinks he was lucky, rather than capable. Unfortunately, in overcompensating for his low self-image/fear of failure, he tends to take big/unnecessary risks.

Would that kinda thing be too problematic as a Shadow Lord? Essentially, the first time he fails at anything, he'd be screwed - and it'd probably be all his fault.

I also like the idea of him being maybe relatively small/weak, physically, for his kind, but he has made up for that with strength of will (not "iron will", or anything, just maybe high pain tolerance and the ability to endure pain and hardship). Again, though, showing weakness needs to be avoided as much as possible (except when it makes for good RP/a good scene, obviously).

Any suggestions, corrections or ideas greatly appreciated.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Seems okay to me, Dibzva vOv
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Sorry I missed this as well.

As a concept it seems okay. I think it gives him an interesting twist as a Shadow Lord with plenty of room for character growth. As for the rest, it would depend how he comes across in game.

I hope to see you in game sometime

6. Likes West liked this post

0 Scenes

Oh my wow. Saw the creation of this post, and then missed your reply *facepalm*

Sounds interesting, characters with internal conflict are always fun but Shadow Lord? Werewolf isn't a venue that I know super-awesomely well (which is why Viola's gonna be interesting to play ), so I might be barking up the wrong tree, but isn't that an Apocalypse Tribe?

8. Likes West liked this post
    D
    Dibzva

Oh my wow. Saw the creation of this post, and then missed your reply *facepalm*

Sounds interesting, characters with internal conflict are always fun but Shadow Lord? Werewolf isn't a venue that I know super-awesomely well (which is why Viola's gonna be interesting to play ), so I might be barking up the wrong tree, but isn't that an Apocalypse Tribe?

Yeah, sorry. STORM Lords. Showing my age?

Guess I'll see about banging some numbers together and hopefully that'll help firm up the concept a little more. As I said, it is pretty tenuous for the time being.

Thanks.

0 Scenes

Hehe!

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see another wulffy in play!

D
    Dibzva

While I'm slapping attributes, skills and whatnot around, are there any connections, plot hooks or other RP goodies that the sphere and/or its denizens need?

Anything that would flesh out the character or give him some ties to Sacramento would be cool (and would save me using up what little imagination I have left! lol)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Werewolf is right open now. Its a clean slate. Everyone is new and has no ties to the city at this point.

D
    Dibzva

Okay, so a "guy from out of town" would be acceptable? Makes plotting background a bit easier, anyway.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread