THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 17 of 20 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Ouch another useful thing falls to Google's whims. Ok last night didn't work out, I'm seriously wondering if there's something wrong with how my desktop at home handles connections to the site. I'm aiming to get posts and exp out today.

2. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, Mark, Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

RE: Purgatory (Good Intentions)

Hope you are okay with Hector's pronouncement Stray Mark the RPer Kelreth

4. Likes Stray, Xadun liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

That was some wonderful RP by everyone involved. We'll have to work out an appropriate thread to test Brigit but more stories means more growth.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Stray, Mark, Xadun liked this post

Some thought on Territory:

I think we've hammered out the Tur is the West Pacific Railyard. Clarion's Call has fluctuated in size recently, at one point it was 8 I think, but with Nathaniel's exit it's back to 7. A well co-ordinated WW pack should be able to maintain both the Tur and a separate territory, close to the Tur. I LOVE a living world. If things are grounded on a map, it makes it really easy for to look at that map's street view and visualize what the hisil might look like.

To the east of the Union Pacific West Railyard on the other side of Delta Lane is a small park and a minor league baseball diamond. I think it would be really cool if the pack territory was east of Delta Lane to the river. and the two freeways were the north and south border.

What would be even cooler is if we don't say *poof* that's the territory, but the back goes and takes it. Instead of hand-waving territory, maybe the pack just had that small park, or just part of the rail yard, but is now breaking out to expand the territory, then it could be wiki'd after it's taken.

8. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

By memory the Tur shifted over the life of the venue.

It started as a park to the east of downtown - I can't remember the name but it was an actual location.

Later, after it was decided to run one pack only, Tur shifted to a newly developed Dog Park near the north-east corner of Downtown hard by the river (again, an actual place - pretty hammered by the drought of the last decade).

When the venue got moving a third time, the single pack laid claim to a territory centred on the rail yards in down town. Over time we 'claimed' the downtown area as territory.
    Kelreth will be able to confirm / clarify this.

Territory always changes, so I'm open to it - and having a discrete 'territory' can help with framing stories.

10. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

YYC has it right for how things have gone. I do believe that there was a plot thread(s) that was the pack taking over the rail yards and establishing their territory there. So we can say that that's for certain and branch out from there with more scenes/glimpses depending on where the pack wants to expand.

I'll have to see what I can do for hashing out a map of some sort. It won't be as clean/pretty as the old ones but it'll be something.

As the existing threads wrap up I'm going to open a new meeting thread to refocus on where things are and offering paths forward.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Mark liked this post

3 successes

Subtracting 4 from dice pool still yields 2 successes.
    Quick lesson on subtracting from dice pools. The above example is incorrect. Subtracting 4 dice means 1 success. Rerolls for 10's are ignored when subtracting dice. Why, because the ten should have never been rolled in the first place. To double check yourself in the future, look at the total number of dice rolled. Then subtract the negative from that number. The number you get is the number of dice that you count from the left. For example, 6 dice are in the pool, four is subtracted from that for 2. Just count the first two dice. Done! Or better yet, when someone gives you the modifier ahead of time, just remove those dice from your roll to begin with. That really simplifies the whole process. Hope this helps anyone who was having difficulty understanding it and know you are not alone in the struggle!

14. Likes Hiver, , Yumyumcrow, West, Ruach liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

7, 8, 10, 1, 9, 3, 7

Parsed for each dice rolled is:

or

7 | 8 | 10, 1 | 9 | 3 | 7
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

16. Likes Ruach, Mark liked this post

Cole Volker

Mien is dull grey skin with seemingly molten veins, runes are barely carved
    Summer Mantle 1

In Signs of the Moon p. 70-71, the Chiminage Rite is listed. It's meant to serve as a pathway for peaceful negotiations and discussions, trying to avoid the whole 'hunt you bind you' bit.

Something representative of the spirit is burned and offered in it's presence, and a declaration of peace is made. The spirit receives essence from the act, and gives the ritemaster subtle power over it. Successfully completing the rite provides "a +2 bonus on Gifts, rites, and Social rolls against the target for the rest of the scene," among other things.

Does this mean that the bonus only applies if it is 'against' the target- negotiations turn sour and the spirit has to be bound/ talked down/ attacked with gifts and such?

Or does the bonus apply to all Gifts, rites, and Social rolls involving the spirit, such as a peaceful application of the Fetish Rite or trying to persuade them to take an action?

Please wait for Kelreth to confirm this, but no it doesn't have to sour. Anytime you negotiate with a spirit you're rolling against it. This give a +2 on those rolls as well. It's a +2 on ALL the rolls against the spirit, provided they are social gift or rite rolls.

Page 17 of 20 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread