THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 8 of 20 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Saber is spot on, the character you want to play is more important than filling a "gap". And "gaps" can cause interesting role playing issues. I had a Mind mage a long time ago, put her up against a sturdy locked door and it could be a long long day.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    B
    Behemoth

Well, I'm not entirely sure of the kind of person I want. A Social wolf, for sure. But also a heavy dose of "Thrill of the hunt". Gifts that look good... Weather , Dominance, and the anti-ghost ones in Death?

0 Scenes

Welp, you can totally be a Social-wolf no matter what Auspice or Tribe you pick, you aren't limited that way.

Urum Da Takus; The Wolf Must Hunt.

Every werewolf can have that thrill of the hunt feel, though of course they're some who can do it better then others.

Hunters in the Darkness are fun, they hunt and protect the sacred places in the world.

Irraka are generally sneaky and make wonderful scouts and trackers. And Ithaeur might work if you want to hunt Spirits.

As for those Gifts, Storm Lords have Weather and Dominance, while Rahu just have Dominance. And I think the only ones with Death Gifts are Bone Shadows. Now, you can buy Gifts that aren't on your Auspice/Tribe lists but they'll just be a tad more expensive in terms of XP.

B
    Behemoth

I keep remembering the new edition's focus on the hunt, and forgetting that it was still a thing from the very start. Had a night to think and chat with others, and feel like Storm Lords could be a nice tribe. But they seem to have the harshest ban of the five.

As for auspice, Elodoth or Ithaeur could work, for different facets I think I'd enjoy. Irraka's not bad either. Rahu is out because I'm not up for a combat focused character right now.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Part of the Oath comes down to interpretation. But the Storm Lords definitely have one of the easier to transgress Oaths. At the same time, is it weak to show regret? Maybe, depends on who's asking.

At the same time Honor your territory in all things could be tricky too. Is it honoring your territory to allow that new construction project to move through completion? Sure it would help the humans but what is it going to do to everything? Pay Each Spirit in Kind, Accept No Surrender you would not accept,and Let No Sacred Place In Your Territory Be Violated all have grey areas. It's discussed in quite a few of the books.

Honestly it just makes for fun RP...though don't tell the spirits that

B
    Behemoth

They're all something you have to put up an effort to keep, making the appeal of being a Ghost Wolf not having to do that. But I'm all for playing a tribe member, getting the full experience.

It'll be hard getting started, but I think once I find a direction and concept I really like, it should snap together for the basic stuff?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Concepts are the hardest part for me (except for names, names are terrible). Once I have a solid concept fleshing out the toon flows fairly well. When I was submitting my Wolf last night I changed some things around as I realized that my choices didn't fit the concept.

B
    Behemoth

Right. I think I'll stick to the chat for now, while I wait for a good concept to click into place. Hope to play with all of you at some point this summer?

If that's what it takes, Behemoth . While you wait and plot and plan, I strongly recommend you read some previous threads in the Werewolf in-character forums. See how some people have played their characters in the past, get a feel for the types of challenges the Uratha in Sacramento have faced... and of course just be entertained by the other player's writings.

Because, no BS, this was my first forum role-playing site. I was pure tabletop before that, and my group was the pizza/Monty Python humor/pissing off the storyteller type rather than hardcore role-players. So just interacting with other players' characters gave me a solid feel for the flow. I popped my Changeling cherry here, too. Took me a bit, but now I'm comfortable with the venue.

B
    Behemoth

I'm not sure what It takes, but I felt the chat was a better place to ask simple questions than the board. I'm reading the more recent threads first, this time around. As for the lack of character concepts, it's partially that I'm just scared of messing things up right now, or not fitting in with the group, and partially that I just don't have any good central concepts to weave around. Never played anything of the setting before, only read things, and that may have colored my perspective.

Page 8 of 20 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
Closed Thread