After Alice sudden departure from their sepulcher and the Necropolis as a whole, her phone call arrives just as swiftly.

So swiftly in fact that she misses the man she intended to call, facing instead a shallow mechanical approximation of his gruff voice.

"Robert?" she hopes and prays that's she'll be able to hear his voice once last time before she goes under. "Robert?"

After a moment she realizes it's a fool's hope. Maybe she shouldn't have rushed out of the Necropolis to face her Fate. Maybe she should have lingered a little longer, maybe-

"It's Alice, but you knew that already. Umm...don't know what to say. I-ah had all these ideas and words prepared, but they feel wrong now that I'm talking. So I guess, I'm just going to talk. Okay. So, I left to go talk to Ale, about the warehouse, and how I-ah, lost control again. She's decided - and you can't go blaming her - I decided to face her and the consequences...instead of doing what I would have done a few years ago. Run. So, she's decided I'm going to be joining Longstreet. At least until my original punishment's over. So it isn't going to long. Uh...She's going to meet with Clarke and see if you'll join her - to talk or something. Explain maybe."

Alice ties to focus on the facts, while not stating anything outright, lest the message be overheard by someone that really shouldn't hear it.

Then quietly, the one thing that isn't business but still fact.

"I love you."