DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm looking to get back into my old trade. Private Investigator. Its going to take a while to set up. Paperwork... So. A bit of nerves. At least I get to find out if my... identity is solid. Its not perfect but I've put out there what I used to do. Before. So now... I have a place ready for me in the Freehold as long as the paperwork checks out."

Ingrid steals a breath.

"It'll bring in some money. And it will be useful for the Freehold, too."

Private Investigator on tap, should management ever need one.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Ah-ha, how very, um, interesting..." And how very un-Thomas. The level of social savvy that it would require to work as a private investigation is, quite simply, beyond the Mole-Man. But that only makes the occupation all the more intriguing for him. "I bet you come across all sorts of, well, valuable information in that line of work, yes?" He prompts her gently, obviously wanting to hear more about it.

All of which is followed by a rueful shake of his Mole's head, "And, yes, of course, the problem of proper papers when you've had a change of, hm, name...I'm familiar, most familiar." As so many of the Lost are, given that their condition is often defined by replacement. "Please, forgive me for asking, um, but it begs the question: Your fetch, is it still active?" This is a particular point of curiosity for Thomas, given his own Fetch's misdeeds.

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid shrugged in genuine puzzlement.

"No idea. I have been gone years. I mean, sure, I popped out in the woods near my old home. Got taken in the by the Freehold there. Not a whisper from my Fetch. So I reckon it must have moved on. One of these day's I'll try and hunt through the dreams to find it - but I just didn't have the stability to do it before now. That is assuming that we all get reflections when they take us."

She grinned again.

"Oh P.I. work gives you the gossip. And I just love the gossip!"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Hm-hmmmm," he hums, nodding. But is that a hint of disappointment in those watery eyes? What could the Mole-Man have been hoping for? In truth, nothing more than knowledge. And perhaps a little bit of commiseration. But no, she's one of the lucky ones, he thinks. Well, lucky for one of the Lost at least.

"Gossip, you say? Well, I'll, um, have to remember that. Yes, that you love it." Thomas doubts he'd be privy to anything truly 'juicy,' but who knows. Sometimes people forget he's around, talk as if he isn't at least. "But what do you, hm, think it is? About gossip, I mean? That you, well, love so much?" A tilt of his Mole's head. Intense interest in lore and the occult he understands intuitively. Fascination with the sordid details of the lives of others? Not so much.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What do I love about gossip?"

Ingrid snickers.

"Why. Its supposed to be a secret. Never is. But its supposed to be. It delicious knowing what people are up to. Most times its what they think other people are up to. Thats the trick - knowing when that juicy scandal is the real deal and not a fantasy constructed from chinese whispers. Its the way most people measure themselves - and others, right? Oh yeah... You're a solitary guy.... So."

Her smile faded.

"There is another side to it. Gossip is information. Half the muggles don't know what that means when they go blathering off at each other. I count myself in that group - till I wised up. You know, after. There is gems in all that juicy garbage, right. Rumour and ghosts of rumour. Half understood warnings. The works. Sometimes, if you listen enough, you can piece together... things. Stuff that might be important to us. Stuff that might be useful for barter. You should try it some time."

7. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

"Yes, hmm, solitary. That's, um, one way to put it." How about bitterly lonely? How about unbearably awkward?

"But, well, to hear you speak of it, gossip I mean, I can--yes, certainly--see what you might find, hm, engaging there. It's, indeed, like research, separating the valuable from the mere talk, critically engaging with what is, um, said in order to discern what is, well, meant, directly or indirectly." As he speaks, the Mole-Man nods, in apparent approval. Ingrid's explanation has seemingly pleased him. Once again, he finds himself surprised by the depths of this strange Darkling. "It's just, hm, people are so messy, so...difficult. I..." he pauses, seeming suddenly uncomfortable, a clawed hand picks some non-existent piece of lint off his jacket, "Well, I find books are, um, more manageable is all..."

For a long moment, he's quiet, contemplating his own ineptitudes. And then, suddenly, he's back in this room again, with Ingrid, this mysterious woman who would be his Motley-mate.

"Oh, hm, sorry...Well, I suppose I should, um, return to my work. Unless you have anything further you would like to discuss...? I will be, yes, certain to contact Mhairi in the near future concerning our, um, endeavor." He gives Ingrid an apologetic smile that just ends up looking pathetic.

Ready to wrap if you are! Figured it would be good to get this in the books now that the Summer Luau is afoot.

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Darkling's lips quirk but she nods nonetheless.

"Yeah. See if you can get Mhairi on board. And... Give me a call, okay?"

Now where did that come from? Mhairi? Ah - but if having the Autumn Queen on the team meant she locked in an alliance with the Beast and the books, so be it.

"I'll... Uh... Leave you to your work."

Sounds like a plan. Good little scene

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

"Yes--very good, very good. I'll be in touch. And, um, thank you for the visit." Despite his pleasantries, the Mole-Man seems visibly relieved to be getting back to his work. It's nothing personal, really. He's just so bad at social calls.

He stands, showing her to the door. Calling after her: "Have, hm, a good day, Ingrid."

When the Darkling has left and the door is closed, the Beast exhales loudly, finding that his hands are shaking.

"Well, Thomas. That's, hm, that." Though he still can't tell what to make of it.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread