Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Simple is good. Ain't nothing wrong with it Otto," Circe found herself agreeing, even if her own reasons for staying here were a little complex. "But I don't like the analogy to sickness. Makes it sound being Lost is a disease or something. Alex seems good at big words, maybe he can think of another way to phrase it."

The chuckle that came at Alex mentioning of bone breaking was kind of, well, evil. It returns when Alex finishes his question about what they want. "You asked me what I wanted before. Fame is a bad thing in my business so surely not that. Peace? Nah, I'm more Dark Side then Light. Riches? Sure," a shit eating grin had grown on her face and there was a twinkle in her eyes, "Because then I could buy a totally legal minigun."

Circle's evil chuckle was replaced with a dry laugh.

The Fairest's laugh halted as she held up a her free hand in the "stop" gesture, "And not a teeny tiny gun. I'm talking the one robot Arnold used in the second movie." Circe was shocked too see it was legal. She shook her head, "That's just whimsy, a fun thing to want. Like having enough firepower to wipe out Arcadia." She sipped more coffee. Mortal armies might have that, collectively, but it wasn't something Circe could amass in her lifetime. "Riches weren't an end goal for me just a means to an end. Like Otto my goals were simple. Probably still are." Build power, watch for threats, guard the trail her fellow Rogues took from Sacramento. Simple.

Did they, encourage it? Did he think she'd turn a protest into a riot to feed on Glamour? It was a thought but she really didn't need to get involved for the rioting to start. "Uh, given how the country is, I haven't actually found the need to stoke the flames so to speak. I mean," she shook her head, "Its easy to find pissed of people without helping. Yeah I've done it online but no Glamour. Bar brawls better. " She laughed, "Though it's probably better the normans vent their rage then bottle it up. We can't get it if they do and lose it when they explode." Circe snorted in amusement, "Plus California has many colleges. Protests at those always include some pissed off brats."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

O
    Otto Cash

Otto sighed. The Mirrorskin had no idea where to stop and the Wizened suspected Alex was going to make many, many people want to hit him... even when that was unnecessary.

"I still think you're asking wrong questions at the wrong time. It's personal, man. What happened to the question about hobbies, favorite food and so on? Truth and dare game? Or do you just enjoy being irritating and making juice that way? If you're going to make an interview, make it entertaining, at least. Does it really matter to you if I tell you I just want to live comfortably, enjoying my freedom and sure the people around are safe and can enjoy their freedom too? Do you care about people at all?"

Otto didn't notice when he put the coffee down and stood up, gesticulating lively as he talked.

"Well, I do care, that's why I don't get my Glamour by creating wrath. Because people don't like being angry. Not that this should matter for you."

The Gameplayer took a deep breath and sit down. For a while he pondered drinking more coffee, but then, maybe more coffee would be too much...

A
    Alexander Brown

"Was that supposed to be sarcastic?" Alexander's question is both serious and playful as Circe mentions him being good at "big words". "And I think I know what you mean by Dark Side. Raise hell, have fun, get rich? In this case, then, it falls to me to be the boring Obi-Wan Kenobi, to constantly drone on about patience and duty. Tough luck for all of us, I guess." He smirks at the thought of them in Jedi robes. The sip of coffee he takes immediately after almost ends up on the floor, as Alexander chokes in a mixture of surprise and amusement, a fitting response to the picture of Circe with a minigun.

"Circe, you do realize how big and heavy this thing is? And that it's mounted on helicopters? But you know what? I'll pitch in myself if you promise to get yourself a chopper and paint "Death From Above" on it. I bet our enemies will not see that coming."

Alexander listens, soaking up what she says about getting Glamour. It's true, there was much turmoil in society, enough to get Wrath by truckloads, especially with no shortage of short-tempers academic youth. Bar brawls are classic Summer, but online trolling? Huh. "True enough." He says, his interest sated.

Okay, fun and chippery part is over. He laid down his cup, some black liquid still at the bottom and got up from his seat. Made some steps that possibly amounted to a half circle, never losing sight of Otto.

"Correct me if I'm wrong" He began, his voice cold as ice. "But the last time I tried to <<interview>> you, you seemed particularly eager to leave. And if you want to be entertained, go visit a circus. None of us are here for your amusement." If Otto was baiting him, it was working. It takes a moment for his aura to stop flaring up, and for him to calm down. "I asked what you want from life, because it tells me what kind of people you are, what assistance you need, what can motivate you to act. I asked how you reap Glamour, because it helps me understand your connection to Wrath. So yes, it matters to me a great deal, because you matter to me a great deal. Whether you like it or not, we are connected. We need to know each other." Pausing for a painfully long moment, he appraises their reaction. "But I suppose you have a point. About the questions. So, what do you like to do in your spare time? What do you like to eat? Myself, I'm a retired con man with ungodly love of Thai food and a big interest in the history of ideas."

he awaits their answers, but briefly appears to realize something mid-thought. The look of revelation quickly passes.

"And as for truth or dare or other games - I see nothing wrong with that." His sly grin and a wink indicate willingness, if not today, then some other time.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe couldn't help but think of a quote from Otto's words. She grinned: "So you don't make them angry Otto? And don't like them when they're angry? Well, green rage monsters are important to avoid, right?" Circe's humor continued to be strange.

And it looks like Alex didn't know she was joking. She waved a had dismissively, "Uh, yeah, or put it on a truck. Well if one of them ever comes up for sale I'll hold you to that Alexander. And hope you chip in for the ammo too. Its like two grand to fire it for a minute or something," Circe couldn't hide the laughter in her voice. Such weapons were the purview of governments or the stupidly rich. The Fairest wouldn't mind joining the latter category.

"Oooh, we're going to play games after the interview now?" it was not hard to hear the sarcasm in her voice. "What a fun idea Otto. We could find a Monopoly board too," plenty of sarcasm. She shook her head. "I gotta say I am utterly amazed that I am the more diplomatic newbie here. I thought I was an ass," then she points at Otto and Alex, "or do you boys not like each other?"

Either that or the massively less Byzantine nature of Sacramento was putting her at ease. Could be both. "I do not know what this spare time thing is," the Fairest's voice and face were totally straight. Her ears were bouncing and eyes shimmering in amusement. "Artemis got me addicted to carrots, its a real problem man. I've consider holding up salad bars with a slice of pizza," and her voice was starting to crack in amusement.

Her free time used to be spent refitting "product" for later sale using the Rogue's Hollow or preparing for the next time the Royals screwed them over. Neither were doable now. Carrot thing was a lie. Just when carrot flavored snacks are in abundance you get a taste for them.

"Otto? Could you suggest any hobbies for this free time thing?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Sirith liked this post
    O
    Otto Cash

Otto felt like an ass. It wasn't even what Alex said, or what Circe said, but what was Circe's tone. That to say, Otto knew his - all of Wizeneds' - weakness, but still, he felt like an ass. He murmured a sorry at Alex' "amusement" mention. And somehow it was Circe again that lifted his spirits up, with her bunny mimicry and smiles. Even he cracked a smile.

"Personally, I enjoy jogging, climbing, tinkering, and sea food," he said, which was technically true, at all points.

"You didn't strike me as a workaholic type, Circe, but for using some free time... For starters, we could use the place ourselves once or twice. It would be a shame not to. We could even organize some events for the Freehold. It's Summer, so it seems fair."
    Otto's mind went "Eureka" as he spoke of the idea. He already knew what kind of scenery he would create. Maybe the whole laser tag thing was not so bad...

Otto's smile widened.

A
    Alexander Brown

It doesn't look like there's much age difference between him and Circe, but she still managed to leave him speechless with her outlandish humor. Like the green monsters thing now. "I'll pitch in when time is due." he replies to Circe's words about the gun. He chooses not to think too much if it'd be posible for the elf to actually get one and the complimentary aircraft.

Her sarcasm causes the Darkling to frown, however. And yet again, he decides to play along. "Monopoly? This poorly-designed sorry excuse for a board game? No, not really. But if anyone is up for a round of Risk sometime, I think I have it at my place." He smiles, content. "Or are you afraid to lose?"

When the Fairest points her finger at them and mocks him and Otto, he considers responding, but remains silent. Is there anything in the universe this woman takes seriously?

What strikes him most, however, is Otto's apology, almost inaudible, but undoubtedly heartfelt. It's met with a relaxed posture of the Groundskeeper. "It's all good, man." he says.

As the Wizened mentions using the Striker for Court and Frehold events, Alexander finds himself nodding. Then the Gameplayer's smile goes really wide. "I see someone has an idea?" the question is playful, enticing to answer. After a moment, he adds: "The Court of Summer didn't have its own place for a long time now. Nor did it have a Monarch to represent it..." he wonders how will they react for this barely hidden power-grab.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe winced at the mention of tinkering. "Well I used to have a lot of toys to tinker with but had to ditch them." She shrugged, "Gotta work to buy replacements and all. Tinkering is quite fun but doing without tools," she laughs nervously. Her ears droop down quickly followed by her head hanging low, "that is not a good idea."

She perked up with a smile and jabbed a finger at Otto: "That inversely is a good idea! No, its sheer brilliance! In so many ways Otto," her smile grew to match his. And Alex was getting in on the fun too it seemed. At least to Circe. "Fear to Risk losing?" Circe giggled even with the horrid pun, "Why play a game if you can't lose? Losing can be fun!"

And no way was their monarch going back into the doom and gloom, Mr Serious phase. "Uh uh uh," she waggles a finger in the negative to Alexander as she stands,"Things changed Alexander," she gives him a bow, "Summer has a monarch," she straightened up before waving her hand at the arena, "and a grand venue to show off," then she points at Otto, "and a absolutely brilliant idea on how to show off! Plus," she smirks, "Summer is setting up this arena, right? Home field advantage," Circe laughed.

"Losing may be part of the fun but that don't mean we shouldn't accept an edge when we have it...All in good fun of course."

O
    Otto Cash

Otto relaxed a bit again. It seemed like both of them were now in better spirits. "If you need some tools, we might set some workshop together. I'm gonna need a place to do my stuff too, anyway. And even find some other people who'd like a place like this, too." Because why the hell not. There were some coop workshops in San Diego, even the normals had them... And pitching in on the tools would put the price down for everyone.

"I never fear a game of Risk. Or any kind of risk game, for that matter."
    It came with the past like his. The Prince of Never Old was forcing him to take risks in his games, again, and again, and again... This, he remembered well. Not knowing, if the gate behind his some treasure, or a deathly trap (it was mostly a trap). Having to bet on one die. One card. One figure. Oh, that he remembered well. "You actually might not want to play with me, it's my specialty."

The Gameplayer nods to Circe's words considering the state of Summer affairs. Work, he was willing to provide. If the Mirrorskin wanted to be a King, let's let him. At worst, they'd kick his ass down. "Circe got it right by my book, let's drink to it." He pours himself some coffee and makes a toast, all straight-faced.

A
    Alexander Brown

"We could do a regular game here, although there might be issues about the numbers." There were nine Lost in total right now, but some may turn down an invitation. Laser tag is not up everyone's alley. "Or if you have any ideas about how to make it more interesting, I'm ready to hear it whenever you want to share." Because teamwork. And they both sound like they could do wonders with all the electronics and furnishings here.

[COLOR="#DAA520]"So it's decided!"[/COLOR] Well, technically nothing is decided yet, but you get the flow. "And about losing...what she said." A nod towards Circe. "Even if you outmaneuver us both before we know it, there's still a chance that we learn something along the way. And that's reason enough to try." And cry in a pillow all night later.

Considering what he knew about the gunrunner and the Gameplayer, he half-expected a mockery, and so is completely off-guard when Circe does what she does and Otto agrees. Stil, they are bound to watch him closely now, ready to point out his mistakes. Which is exactly how it's supposed to be.

He takes a cup of steaming coffee in his hand. "May heroes prevail, and the villains die horribly." A toast is made.

This was an interesting turn of events. Fascinating, indeed.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe laughed and returned to her seat, "Sounds lots better then doing it solo Otto. I'm rubbish without tools, maybe you can give me some pointers." The idea of having plenty of help was also quite appealing. "Nothing wrong with more engineers." She'd welcome such an improvement. "Right-o Otto! Cheers boys," she raises her glass with him to join in a toast, "Damn straight Alex!"

More interesting? One idea came to mind, "More interesting? Well, this is a kiddie park, right? I suppose the courts could try direct little minions instead of direct fighting. Eh," she grimaced, "that sounded better in my head. Randomized colored team matches maybe?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.