Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 65
DISPLAYED
(Forbidden Fruit) Everything Nice

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    A
    Alexander Brown

And with that, the call is made.

"Steve, man, how long was it until we last met? So I thought to myself: I'm gonna give good ol' Steve a tip. A drug dealer is going to show at one of the construction sites downtown. If my intel is correct - and you know it always is - he'll have a batch of completely new merchandise on him. Something that beats coke and meth put together - the kind of shit that gives you a medal and a promotion if you get rid of it. I'll tell you where and when, but me and my associates will need some time alone with the guy once you have him. And we'd like to take a look at whatever you find there."

He is silent for a moment.

"And if anybody asks - you got the info from a CI and we were never there. Sounds good?"

Alexander is waiting for the response and once they agree on the terms, the call ends. Then he turns to Circe again.

"I wouldn't worry about contraband too much. Even if they do think about matching the caliber with police-issued guns it'll likely be described as friendly fire or whatever"
    He tries to reassure the gun smuggler both because they need the firepower and because she mustn't feel sidelined in this one.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-14 01:57:16 Alexander Brown rolls 12 to Call Allies (Manipulation 4 + Persuasion 4 + Allies 4) (10 Again) 3, 7, 8, 7, 2, 2, 10, 7, 3, 10, 4, 7, 8, 3 4 successes

The man on the other end of the line sounds skeptical at first, but gradually caves to the temptation of the big drug bust. He issues a warning that if the suspect is taken into custody he will need to remain intact - no amount of friendly history is going to fix the fucking catastrophe paper trail that would result from a suspect in custody being beaten or killed. He otherwise agrees to the terms and asks that Alex contact him again when it's time to make the bust.

If you two have anything else to take care of on location, feel free to do so. Otherwise, wrap up your exits and lets get this thing into continuity.

A
    Alexander Brown

So, that's that.

Their visit to Ouphoria was a disappointment, in no smoall part due to Alex's own incompetence. But they have a lead now and the backing of Sacramento's finest, which means slowly working their way up from the bottom. It'll be a long, and likely dangerous road, but hey - they are the Iron Spear, danger is their lifelong companion.

"I think we're done here" he says to Circe "The deal went through and our friends will be there, but when we find ourselves in the room with this guy he cannot be harmed in any way. That is not to say we can't make him shit himself to get what we want, though" He may want to take a back seat with the interrogation, be a helping party at most. Circe is a hardened criminal, she probably has a lot of tricks to make the dealer talk.

"Shall we go?" He says mirthfully and if the elf concurs he walks with her until they eventually part ways.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had one of the most common automatic calibers in America at present with plans with plans for getting a "classic" American caliber. "Do lets, and," she was about to point out how bad it'd be at a drug bust with an assault rifle when she finally caught up, "Wait, we're not going to the deal? We're doing the whole bad guy and worse cop thing instead? Oh." She sounded genuinely surprised. It was interesting that she briefly blushed purple.

She grimaced, "Yeah, certainly not bringing a illegal assault rifle into a police station. Or pistol, I'll buy legal. And I am unfamiliar with interrogation that doesn't involve hurting people. I ain't much of a bullshitter," she walks along beside Alex. Looking over to him, "We should plan how to do it before going in there. Maybe get someone who's really manipulative too."

Circe hoped Alex was or knew someone who did fit that last category. Otherwise she only had one idea that might work, "About the only thing I can think to do is find that fruit that attracts briar wolves. Show it to the guy and threaten to take the guy to the thorns, shove the fruit in their mouth, and make them bite."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Aaand scene. Clock has ticked over. We will communicate on the when/where/hows of the next scene soon.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread