Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Truth or Dare for the Skulk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    O
    Oculus

"Beg pardon?" What the hell are daisy-dukes? "Anyway, you let your imagination run wild. I know you want to."

Truth or dare choice is way harder than last time. Thankfully, Thrope's question buys him some time.

"Oh no no no, I cherish my lack of Internet fame every day. Never aspired for it, so yeah: I'm glad there were not so many cameras back in the day." He turns towards the Hearthmaster. "Now, as for the challenge... I'll truth my way out of it and say: Finding Nemo, because you gotta love the character development. Also, I'm a sucker for the theme of travel." And The Lion King is just overrated. Turning away from the Unicorn, he continues: "Speaking of Disney movies my Dare for Faye is to imitate the fake accent Angelina Jolie produced in 'Maleficient' for five full sentences. Or Truth: did you ever let someone take the blame for something you did?"

Waiting for the answer, he devours his spaghetti.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

And the shortness of her answer passed by, with none of the foxes asking for more.

Sweet.

Taking a sip, she chokes on it laughing. Hooooboy. Dick might just live to regret that.

"Training? Yeah. Might have to be a cabal thing. Or like a not a serious military thing, but a were at War and everyone should learn how to punch sort of thing."

Everybody's glad that there wasn't ready access to cameras and video thingys when they're younger, so Tuesday nods along too. Even if she sort of wishes for a camera phone, then. Would have made every....different. If she could have gotten proof.

"Finding Nemo, nice choice." nod, even if she knew the options offered weren't her best work. But hey. Stuff.

Tuesday gets up to dish up more spaghetti is there was anyone else who wanted more, before she plops her ass back down and waits to see what Faye would say and whether or not it would have an accent or not.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Works with me. I'd rather have everyone know how to throw a punch if it comes to it." Hopefully it would help, but that assumes you can punch your opponent. Could also be good in a bar fight. Thrope smiles and nods along as Faye shares his thoughts. It would suck for there to be tape of quite a few things.

Oculus is going to end up in some truly outlandish costume isn't he. "The Sequel wasn't too bad either. Weird movie choice for a date though." Thrope shrugs and shifts to get some more food as he waits to see Faye's choice.

4. Bump "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

How could someone NOT know what daisy dukes were?! Did this guy grow up in a bubble or something?!

The Shaman looks with amusement at him for his movie choice. She’s heard of the movie, just never saw it.

Then it seems it was her turn again. Standing up and pouring the alcohol into her can. Hey, it had a wide enough opening on the top that it was totally possible.

“Well, hate to break it to you, but I’ve never seen the movie. So even if I could fake an accent, I would have no clue what I was supposed to sound like.” Plus, Angelina jolie was an overrated actress, and totally sucked as Lara Croft.

“So truth it is.”
    Taking a sip of the new and improved drink, she thinks, “Actually, I haven’t.” there was a shake of her head as she takes another drink, “My grandfather always told me to take responsibility if I did something wrong, and I guess it stuck.” Shrug. “Not an exciting answer, but it is what it is.” Her turn now. Looking over her Cabal mates, she looks for her target.

“Tuesday.” The unicorns turn. “Truth, tell us your worst and most embarrassing first date experience. Or dare, grannie panties or sexy ones? Which does the unicorn prefer?” seemed fair, she did ask Thrope about his.

6. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

"I'm all for some training, probably should do some polishing with my technique anyway. If it catches up, we could do an episode two at a shooting range." Because versatility is important, and there is always more than one way of skinning a cat. Or so the saying supposedly goes.

He is relieved to see everyone's spoken and unspoken acknowledgement of his Disney poison of choice, but then Thrope speaks and messes with his head! "You didn't...You did..." he stutters, and the rest of the question hangs in the air. Did he really consciously chose Finding Nemo for a date? Or maybe she (Oculus assumes it must be a "she" for some reason) chose it for them?

Sad face. He was kind of looking forward to seeing Faye struggle with a fake British accent. Sad eyes. As unexciting as her answer is, the mystagogue still considers it a good omen, for obvious reasons. "Well, seems that your grandfather was a wise man." Because a little appreciation can go a long way. He takes a drink. Then a bite.

Then he waits.

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I dunno. Taking someone to a movie or putting in a movie about a dad trying to find his son....totally see that getting brownie points. You know. For people that want and/or have kids." shrug.

Thoughtful nod. "Huh. Cool. Your grandpa sounds like a cool dude." Tuesday hopped he wasn't a dead grandpa though, since. Yeah. Prolly a touchy subject. But yeah. Speaks a lot of the why's of Faye.

Tuesday's cheeks puff up. Worst first date? Prolly the not one she went on with Star where they kissed, with his wife's permission do more then that, but didn't, and they were stupidly awkward around each other until Avis + Star = Best and the flight of the Avistar....But that was Stuff. Stuff that was in a nice box, to be dealt with Not Now. "Boy shorts." a finger pulls at the cotton. It was blue. "Victoria Secret. My ass needs all the help it can get." the finger moves and the cotton disappears.

"Thrope!" Tuesday calls, "Truth! What, is your biggest pet peeve?" Because she totally wants to avoid doing that! (Snort.) "Or....I dare you to run around the room like a monkey!" grin, "Sounds, obligatory!"

Four days left! Last round folks!

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The night continues as it had, truths are told, and dares are done, and of course the slightly burnt spaghetti is eaten.

About a week and no new posts, plus we're a couple days over, so I'm just going to close it. Thanks guys for a fun scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread