Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Necessary Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Sasha

A meeting was necessary, there were still so many questions that needed answers. It was best to have the three Hierarchy sit down and discuss it. They all needed to be on the same page if they were to guide all of the new people who were quickly coming into Funderland.

Sasha had asked Alex and Mhairi to meet them at the Maze after the park had closed for the evening. She'd thought about an early morning meeting, but not many liked mornings; and, if they had more to discuss than she thought, the Fairest didn't want to cut the time short.

The Dancer wore a a skirt and short shirt, Summer was upon them and the high temps made her want to melt already. Thankfully the lobby of the Maze had some air conditioning; she imagined Frosty laying in a puddle on the ground outside. A pitcher of iced coffee was on the small ticket desk with three glasses sitting next to it. Sasha was turned with her back partially to the door, her legs were up on the wall facing away, held by her sandled feet. With the air conditioning right above her, who could blame the Winter for sitting like that.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

This meeting was long overdue.

They should have dealt with a few of these things before now, but time had just gotten away from her, and them she supposed.

Knowing that this meeting was going to be held in the Maze, and that Sasha was going to be there, Mhairi chose to wear a long sleeved shirt under her underbust corset and forwent normal heels for a pair of boots that fit neatly over her skinny jeans.

Pushing the door to the Maze of Mirrors open, Mhairi caught sight of the Onyx Sovereign and Winter Beauty. "Hey," she calls, sweating a little in her layers, but knowing that it was worth it when the cold chill of Sasha's mantle reached her. The spattering rain around her was starting to freeze over. "How've you been?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

A
    Alexander Brown

As he closed in on the Maze of Mirrors, he wondered.

Wondered how exactly did he come all this way from a nobody to the man responsible for the Freehold's safety in just two months. It did feel a bit awkward, especially given the fact that the other two persons in charge have been here for so long. And they both possess regal Mantles, to boot. Still, the best way to carry on would be to put on a brave face and make oneself useful. Let's see how the meeting goes, then.

The flat briefcase in his right hand weighted heavily, despite being almost empty, save for some documents. For the first time in his life, he felt unnatural in his two-piece suit with a matching tie. He opened the door to the Maze, only to see the Director and Notary already there, although dressed in a quite different fashion. The combined powers of the air conditioning and Sasha's aura all but snuffed out his own for a moment.

"Mhairi, Sasha, stunning as always!" Putting a brave face, remember? Besides, it's not like they're strangers. "How was your day?"

S
    Sasha

Upon their arrivals, Sasha's legs moved swiftly and she swirled around in the chair. She made sure the skirt was pushed down before she rose. "Well hello you guys. Wow, aren't you two hot out there?" It was probably rather chilly in the small waiting room with the wall air conditioning running full bore, but the Dancer still looked sweltering.

"Do either of you want iced coffee? There's cream and sugar as well." Making a gesture to the ticket desk before grabbing the glass she'd made while waiting.

She moved to sit down in the small area of seats, drink in hand. "Please go ahead and sit. There are a few note pads and pens sitting on one of the chairs."

"Love the corset, Mhairi." The Fairest nodded to her outfit with a grin. Her eyes hovered over Alexander's suit, he was in fine form and wondered if she should have perhaps dressed up a bit more or worn something more business like, but she thought it was just the three of them why should it be a concern.

"Wow, we sure have a lot of new people that arrived lately. Amazing, wonderful and very interesting all at the same time." She seemed eager to mention it, yet there was some concern lingering in her voice.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Out there? Yes." Mhairi smiles, nodding at the offer of ice coffee. Caffeine could only help with this meeting. "Hey Alexander." Mhairi smiles at the mirrorskin.

Making her way to the ticket desk, Mhairi fixes herself a cup, adding a sickening amount of sugar. She takes a sip, and adds another spoonful or two of sugar.

After her drink's made she ambles over to the seats.

"Thanks. Sera and Lucian told me I should try more color. I seem like purple." Mhairi smiles. "That's a very interesting print." fell-flames dance over the Fairest's skirt.

"Thanks for hosting us," Says the wisp as she claims a note pad and a pen for herself.

Nodding rapidly, "Oh my goodness yes! I've never seen an influx like this before, and all of them showing up on the same night...it has to be the Wyrd, right?"

A
    Alexander Brown

"You do seem to forget Madam Notary, that scorching heat is kind of my element." Alexander stated playfully. "If someone would decide to throw me into an oven I'd only ask if he has any firewood to spare." A wide, genuine smile. It's good to start an endeavor such as this with small-talk.

Of course, iced coffee - no sugar, no cream - was totally his element, too. And pens and notepads (although he brought his own, he figured it'd be rude to bring it out now). And sitting comfortably. So, seated and with a cup of the wonderfully dark liquid he listens for a moment as the two women compliment their dresses, glad to not be a part of this conversation on account on wearing a blatantly boring outfit.

"Certainly, amazing. Wonderful. And quite disturbing, too, given the peculiar walks of life of any one of them. Indeed, they can prove themselves wonderful assets, but each carries a unique caveat. We will have to watch them closely. Nurture, like trees."

S
    Sasha

"Thanks Mhairi. Apparently finding black 'summer clothing' isn't that easy to find. Although, I normally don't need to dress like this. For some reason it's really hitting me this year. But, purple does suit you and I'm fond of that color." A snowcone shack would have been useful, but this place was going to be far more interesting once she had a few things in place.

Maybe it was because his Mantle was slightly dimmer than her own. Sasha shook her head. "Of course, Alexander. This would be amazingly beautiful weather for you, no matter how you were dressed." Herself, she wished she could just peel off clothing and sit in a meat locker.

"I think it's the Wyrd, or something like that. We were so few in numbers for a great while, that this is a little bizarre. And yet, our Freehold had many members not long ago before the Dragon that this is also nothing new to me either."

"So is there anyone that you may think could present a future issue or possible problems?" Charles came to mind, but the Fairest would await their replies first.

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander nods enthusiastically when Sasha praises the Director's outfit. The gesture is likely to go unnoticed, but just in case it's not one might be wise to ensure everyone here knows he appreciates the effort and consistency. It's gotta be worth point, right?

In response to the confusing compliment/statement of fact/something else entirely that the Winter Queengives him, he only leans backwards in his chair, trying to look confident. He thinks that if she is uncomfortable now, she can get at least some measure of payback come December, at the latest. He raises a hand slightly and flexes his fingers.

"Issues? Let's see... there is Thomas Land, the creepy librarian. Appears harmless, but the thing with lore-seekers is that they can sometimes forget when to stop digging."

A finger folded.

"There's Circe, who given time could get us some of those sweet full-auto toys, but her criminal connections could mean a lot of blowback. Oh, and do yourselves a favor and don't bring up her fetch, okay? She's kind of touchy on that subject."

Another.

"There's been yet another arrival to the city. Otto, also a Summer. A bit reserved, I'm still figuring him out."

And another.

"Quick, our dear boy. I have to say I'm slightly less woried about him... he is no traitor, of that I am sure. But he did tell me that he wants things to be "normal" again. If it's the desire to pretend like nothing has ever happened or does he genuinely believe he can be human again I don't know, but I dread to think what kind of bargains he might enter to get that."

Only two left!

"There is also Ingrid, about whom I don't have much to say, and Brigid... who seems decent enough, and hardworking too... but a little bit quiet for my taste. You know what they say about still water running deep."

Finally, as he finisshes recounting his feelings, the hand rests on his knee. He sips his coffee.

"I'm not saying don't trust them. On the contrary, I propose to give them plenty of free space, entrust them with duties and tasks, weave them into the Freehold. And watch them closely. Only then can we truly discern if they are this community's salvation... or its ruin."

Well, that one was a little dramatic, wasn't it? Still, he meant it. With Green and Bellanar departed they needed fresh blood, and a lot of it. And this particular fresh blood clearly knew how to take care of business. They also held dangerous sentiments and chose dangerous walks of life.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi takes a breath to speak, but Alexander beats her to it.

"Maybe not too closely, if they're watched as closely as I think you're thinking of, that'll just bread mistrust...and I can see them acting out because of that. Thinking we're nothing better then the Freehold's they've left, or worse." the omnipresent presences of the Keepers they've fled from.

"We need to watch them, because we don't have the Oath to protect us, and them, anymore, but we don't need to watch them any more then what a gated community would watch new residents. Making them feel useful and needed will work better to endear them to us. So that they want to protect their new home." a pause. "That being said, I don't know if I trust Circe's criminal connections. I've seen that world and live of the periphery, but to be gun smuggler....there could be a ton of blowback."

Mhairi doesn't say anything on Otto, having not met him, and she keeps her mouth shut about Quick. She didn't like him, and she didn't know why. It couldn't be that he was Courtless could it?

"Thomas is sweet, a little unsure, and anxious, but his thirst for knowledge isn't something to be afraid of. It simply matches mine. He's also been named Autumn's newest Twilit Page." Mhairi shares a look with Sasha, the Winter Queen knew what could happened to someone who's been in that position. Just this of her and Morgan.

"Ingrid's nice. She's a Spring who likes the occult. I'm sure I'll be in contact with her more often then not." Mhairi tilts her head, "Brigid on the other hand seems...intense, focused. But not in a bad way...? She wants to help, and serving is how she sees herself helping."

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    S
    Sasha

As Sasha listened to Alex's recount of all who had recently entered, at least Charles wasn't on that list. Otto she hadn't entirely met yet, and piqued her interest for now. Mhairi's caution about Circe's past was noted by the concern on her face, but, sometimes those types of Changelings did serve a purpose; as they all did in some fashion.

"Hmm, well I think a lot of us are touchy about our fetches. So I can't blame her for that at all."

The Fairest curled a lip to how the two were in a bit of opposition. But her eyes rested on Mhairi, with a playful raised brow. At least the Mirrorskin was taking his position seriously. "I think mild observation is what we should do for a while."

"I'm familiar with Brigid's type. I used to be that shy girl, believe it or not. But, I don't think she's shy more so trained mannerisms. She reminds me a lot of a couple past members of the Freehold. And I have a meeting with her, so we'll see what happens." If Brigid was close to what the Dancer thought she was, the Wizened would be an amazing asset to the Freehold. "However, I agree with your thoughts about Quick, I think he wants just that. To be Quickly accepted." She smiled sweetly.

"So, speaking of the previous Oath, that's part of why we're here this evening. Several people have been asking if we have a pledge or something of that nature. While we may not require it anymore, I think we do need to have something."

"Long ago this came up. New people were wholly pissed that they were required to even swear something temporary to the Sovereign out of their Season. I completely understand that, for example, if I was to swear to a Summer Sovereign and they wanted me to battle, that would be against much of what my Court stands for. The reverse is just as bad. However, I think you know what I mean that the previous Oath was difficult for some."

"So this means that it would need to be something we are already familiar with, like one that would bind you against harm to another Changeling or the Freehold. Perhaps a Vow of Good Intent, as I've seen Alexander do before." Her hands opened to the both of them, this was the advice she offered.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.