Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Necessary Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I know that. It's happened before. Before and After. But I can normally deal with it. I'm not crazy. But Brown....no one in my life. Before or Now, has ever made me so irrationally angry before. If I thought - if I could have thought passed my angry a few minutes ago, I wouldn't have made such a spectacle over the Pledge."

A sigh, a stillness, then.

"Do you...I didn't sense anything, but do you think he worked a Clause of Fleeting Summer over me?" that could be one explanation as to why she'd become such a raving mess. Inciting Wrath and directing it....making the Wisp seem completely incapable of being Director....yeah. She could see someone doing that, not just to her, but to anyone in power they didn't like.

A head shake, "I remember his name. I've heard people talk about him, but I didn't meet him." Maybe she should have, but why would Harvey have paid the stuttering wisp any attention when she first arrived. "Maybe...but the difference is they were established. They'd been hear for years. It wasn't just arrogance for the sake of it, or undeserved, they'd been here, and done things and payed dearly for everything they'd gained....and lost. So. It's different."

"I know I'm going to have to talk to him. But maybe after his temper has a chance to cool." which was weird to see, this was the first indication that his place within Summer wasn't a mistake. "If that ever happens..." a sigh. "If I don't speak with him soon...I don't think he'll want to talk to me during Autumn." then she'd have double the power over the Darkling, "We might want to set up a booth or something at the Note during Winter. That's a neutral place and time. Probably for the best."

Mhairi sees the Onyx Queen's palm and stares at it for a moment before she's clued in to what she's supposed to do with it. Tentatively Mhairi places her own hand on top of Sasha's, silently fretting that her quicksilver coated and dripping fingers would burn the Dancer. If she'd been a Snowskin, well. Mhairi doubted that she'd even take the women's hand.

"Thank you." she says softly. "I've been trying so hard to be what everyone wants me to be, and be strong enough for Autumn and the 'hold, but I'm in over my head. And people!" Mhairi gets out a gasp, tears gathering, the flames that were her eyes, flickering erratically. The salted water steams before they could escape.

"....they're so confusing."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Sasha

Sasha could empathize with Mhairi, trust was hard to build and took moments to break even over something never spoken. "I don't understand why it's such a trigger for you either." She also wondered if Alexander reminded her of someone. That was a question for another time though. Things were far too heated at the moment, even though it was at a sizzle.

For several moments, the Dancer thought about the course of the evening. What happened, what was spoken, where the triggers had been. Finally she shook her head. "No, I don't think so. It would have hit quite faster than it did. This was a slow build, words and phrases just kept adding up... well, what had just occurred." Above all, at least the Autumn was aware there was a situation, and trying to pinpoint it was a way of coping.

"If you have a talk with him, and you need me to mediate, I am willing to do so." She said without hesitation. "If not me, to have someone else present in case something doesn't go right."

"And I hope that in the future, we don't need to have segregated places. I think that having that mutual place I mentioned earlier would aid in that, should anyone have problems."

She watched Mhairi's reaction to the gesture. The Dancer knew very well what she was doing. With a reassuring smile, she nodded. "I know, people are hard; Changelings and humans alike. It's a weight that can be hard to bear for anyone. So don't ever hesitate to contact me if you just need to vent or let your ideas flow with someone who will listen."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I wish I could tell you." Mhairi lets out another sigh, this time through the hands covering her face. "But....I just don't fucking know."

Her hands move from her face to the table, as her head meets them there. "Great. Now it's just me, and my inadequacies." It would have been great, wonderful, perfect even if there was a Clause at work, she could blame the magic, and the Summer who'd invoked it.

She pushes herself up, "I will." fell-flames meeting violets. "This is...it's just too...volatile...for a meeting between the two of us. We'd need a mediator...a neutral third party to see us though it all." and if nothing could be done with that, if a neutral setting, Season and third party couldn't help....maybe they'd best think about a Good Neighbors Pact. "I don't want complete segregation, that's never a good thing. But it's our differences and our willingness to the passing of the Crown that keeps us safe....I want a Commons. A wonderful place for every Freeholder regardless of Court, or lack of one. But each Court needs to retain something that's only theirs."

At the nod, Mhairi smiles - or tries too. Instead of responding to the offer Sasha made, Mhairi started off with a bit of herself. "When...Before. I was a conwomen and a thief, I was quick sly and ruthless in my youth. A little girl with a wobbly smile and bright shiny eyes, with tear stained cheeks going on about losing their mom...I got a lot of wallets that way. Hell. Mom hot wired a few cars, while I had the drivers distracted. That was my life. I didn't know anything else. There...." a shaky breath, "There...after I was...different. My life depended on my reading a room, and Their faces. But I learned how to read Them...and lost how to read us." a mirthless laugh, and a part of Mhairi needed to remember that sound, because she'd just done it, and if she could match that to someone else, she'd know what it meant. "The other day, I was walking down the street and I cut someone off, and there coffee spilt all over her. Her..face...it was...angry...?" hesitance, before a nod, "It was. I didn't get it. I helped her clean up, because coffee's hot, and heat can hurt, when your normal. But because I didn't get it, she got more angry. I didn't get any of it, at all. Even when she started sniping at me. It wasn't until I felt the Glamour that I realized...I think I asked her if she was mad at me, and the look on her face....she asked if I was retarded."

Another sigh.

"I try to pay attention, and I try to remember what facial twitches mean what, but....sometimes, after a long day...it all goes out and I'm just stupid. So. Yeah, how's that for a vent?" a laugh, a little forced, but it was there. "So, yeah. Um. Yeah. I'd like to just be able to vent, and not be The Director, or The Queen. You're the only one who remembers me when I just got here, and I'd love to stay we're friends, or at least friendly...and I think I can call Sera a friend too, I'm 'spinning her a jacket and we keep running into each other, and she doesn't head the other way....so. I think that's good. Right?"

Then quietly, after a moment.

"If you need someone where you can just be Sasha around...I'm here too."

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"I have the ability to stay neutral. It makes it a little easier for me to know you both outside of our social gatherings." In not so many words, the Dancer was trying to say grasp them as individuals outside of any sort of heated discussion or fight.

"And we have been long overdue for a Commons place. Longgggg overdue." She also sighed. As Mhairi shifted the conversation. Sasha had offered and it was taken.

This was good. She needed to get things off her chest. Talk it out, let it all come out and the Winter was intently listening.

The Fairest didn't like to do this, but, she had no choice. It wasn't right to patronize or sugar coat what needed to be said. "You know that this isn't your fault. The lack of understanding emotions and misinterpreting them. I've been around many Elementals before. Some stoic, some constantly confused or didn't understand social norms. You're not stupid, you knew these things before you were Taken. It's how They changed you. It's not easy for anyone to understand."

"I've had to instruct autistic children and adults. They are also sort of 'gifted'. We're not talking the over stimulated type of people either, those that have some true vacancy and are stuck in their heads. I've been told by parents or people who are close to them that sometimes the only emotions they see are when they are dancing. The outlet isn't for everyone, but, there are outlets. Sometimes it's any sort of hobby, doesn't have to be artistic." And before what she was saying was lost, the Fairest softly smiled. "But maybe, just maybe you can find your outlet and regain how to read people again. At least you are aware that you can't read people, some never had that in the first place."

"Letting our hair down. Yes, I agree, to just be us. We are the only ones who know each other before 'everything' happened. Before we were Queens or had any sort of Monarchy." A slow nod of the sad truth. "Sera is lovely. I hope she sings at the Note sometime."

A soft, very difficult chuckle came out from the Dancer's throat. "It was hard to figure out who I was. Sometimes I still wonder who I am. Sometimes people can't see past what I look like and have some stereotyped expectations of me."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A nod. Followed by a laugh, "Now that Fairweather is dead, I don't see any reason to hold off on the Commons." fell-flames flicker, "I wasn't here when we had one....and I know none of the new Lost, or most of them, haven't even heard of the Commons...So yeah. It's long overdue."

"If I didn't remember how I used to be...well. I don't. But I do. Fragments." she shakes her head, "I wouldn't even know I was missing something. But I do...so I'm trying....I've been watching movies, and just people watching." Her pocket watching had turned into actual people watching. "Going out more. Just to experience the world again, but..." her head shakes. It was hard. She tried, but there was just something in her nature that blocked her out of many things she used to find easy.

"Terri." Mhairi starts before the memory of the Truefriend flashes before her eyes, emaciated and enslaved once more. "I-uh-I..." stammering like she used to. "Hedgespinning. I've been doing that." a drippy finger touches her choker, but stays away from her fans, "And Sera's getting a jacket from me. I was going to do something for Lucian, since he was King - like a present, but...uh....yeah." she shakes her head again, "So that's gotten me interested in...well. I love shoes. And. I just want to make things. So. Sera said she'd model my stuff, which is really cool. I want to get into fashion....and I can't afford to put my foot in my mouth there. So...I'm trying to learn." a blink, "If any of that made any sense."

A nod, "We need to have a standing date just to veg and vent and be Mhairi and Sasha without all of this" hands come up and gesture, finding the table again when Sera and her amazing angelic voice is brought up, part of Mhairi wished she could sing like the Nix....and the other realized that she was being stupid. She shouldn't wish for that. Mhairi didn't know what had happened over There, and what was done to the Nix to get her to sing so sweetly.

"I get that. You're the Winter Queen and with that....people expect something very different, and project they're expectations on you....or maybe that's just me. They hear I'm the Dread Queen and I see the Fear...that's one thing I know well enough to know without needing to be told about."

S
    Sasha

Nodding, Sasha was glad they were on the same wavelength for that. "It shouldn't take us long to get that in to place. A pavilion of sorts at the front to host parties for kids and adults will be a good screen for it."

Not that the Dancer watched a lot of television, but she knew someone who did. "You know, I've been hearing about a show that was on TV a while ago, now it's on Netflix." She said with a slight question, unsure if it was still there. [COLOR="#56a0d3] "It's called Lie to Me. A lot of it is about how this guy studies faces and body language, but, it may help you with things like that in general because they go into detail about situations." [/COLOR]

Two Queens, both of them into hedgespinning and fashion. "I wonder if fashion is a prerequisite for being the Autumn Sovereign." The Fairest chuckled softly.

"I am sort of glad that no one is here that remembers Katrin. She had the best resting bitch face I've ever seen. She was more feared than any Autumn Sovereign that we'd had from what I understand." She shook her head. "But I'm not her. Of course, if I need to I could probably do some damage, but I have been trying to break the stereotype of Winter for a long while."

"I understand pain and sorrow more than many people. I frequent nursing homes, hospitals, and homeless shelters. That's where I pick up my Glamour. But, I try to help them, or in some cases, help their loved ones move on and find peace even after who they are mourning has passed away. Death, trauma, and hard times are difficult to deal with. I'm not some crazy overly happy person who believes that everything can be fixed. Sometimes, someone just needs to listen."

She smiled at Mhairi. "So yes, I agree. We need more chats like this. Frequently." Sasha breathed in, relieved that things slowly settled for at least the day. Having the Queen seeing Red surly didn't do anyone any good.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A nod, "Yeah that sounds like it would work best."

"Huh." Mhairi tilts her head, and considers, "I've heard of it. Seen previews about it a looooong time ago. But I never really connected that to-uh-to me. Maybe I should have." Mhairi pulls out her phone, and taps a quick note. A reminder to herself. "Thanks. I'll check it out."

Mhairi laughs, "It might be!" happy that was what Sasha chose to say instead of comparing her to the Truefriend.

A heavy nod, "Yeah...she scared me half to death and I only met her that once, when I Swore that very first Winter." Fell-flames flicker as Mhairi remembers that cold women, and the eyes that fell on her that first time. "Yeah...I think that you're doing awesome for braking that stereotype...you're not who I think of when I think of Winter, and I think that's a good thing. I wish that someone like you is who I think of when I think of Winter. Someone there to help and listen, who's happy, but not...I don't know...manically so."

A head shake. The phone slips back into a pocket.

"Cool." A nod. "Very-ah-very cool." a smile.

Think this sounds like a good place to wrap?

S
    Sasha

It was a general consensus from any newcomer long ago that Katrin was scary. She didn't even have to do anything, her presence was frightening. The Fairest remembered poor Violet and how some nasty wanderer offended her. Terri stepped up to defend her, even if Violet didn't really need it. "I think most wouldn't dare mess with Katrin for fear of being frozen solid." She chuckled a little, but her eyes were slightly wide. Sasha was certain Katrin could do it.

"Well, I'm glad I have started to break stereotyping for Winter. Although, it bothers me that I think sometimes new people think I have an agenda of sorts. I guess that happens with being a Sovereign and Notary." Shrugging, hopefully some would get over it sooner than later.

"Mhairi, thank you for staying and continuing to talk. I hope it helped you to talk through things and refocus."

"And please, drop in here or the Note any time you need." She said with genuine warmth.

yes, I think so, unless you have anything final to say.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A nervous spark of a laugh, the wisp's fell-flames darting, paranoid that here in a place of Winter Katrin could still hear. "I know that was one of my Fears." that, and the Snowskin's eyes, that stare. The thought that Mhairi wasn't good enough for the 'hold and so her Pledge wouldn't be accepted and she would have to find a new home.

A heavy nod, "I understand that, maybe Winter just needs some more life. People who also want to brake that stereotype. Like Daniel." Mhairi could say for certain, that will all those that had left the 'hold Daniel was among those at the top of the list of those she missed.

Mhairi's head hangs, "Thanks for listening to me. I guess I really needed it."

Standing, and giving the Dancer a small, but heartfelt smile, "I will."

With a wave of her drippy fingered hand, Mhairi leaves the office and makes her way out of the Maze.

End Scene

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.