Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1706) Sanctuary 8

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    O
    Oculus

From what the veterans here tell, the Reality War was going on for quite some time. He's kind of overwhelmed with the sudden info-dump, which is one of the reasons he doesn't add anything. But there are two items that definitely need addressing.

First. "No, I don't recall seeing it." He doesn't feel the need to agree to a movie night. The Thyrsus' stark voice already settled the matter.

Second. "Wait, you're telling me that you had an encounter with the Seers and didn't try to search their hideout? Or pull loose threads in their identities? How's that for a solid lead?" Either he's missing something here or some serious oversight happened.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Info bomb'd.

Least there wasn't a ton of blinking dumbly.

Snort. This chicky just Guardian'd you and y'all gonna ask questions. Eyeroll.

It wasn't like there was other things on her mind during that whole Profane thingy getting adventure. Cha-right! There wasn't! She was all business.

(and here she was being a lying liar who lies.)

"No." thankful to change the subject and not remember - "Peter Cartright disappeared the moment Arthur Awakened. We have him and the other Master who made the Clock around twenty years ago...I'm only a Disciple of Time." she says to Campy looking apologetic, maybe she should take some time to Time.

Nodding, "We really don't have the number to do a whole lot. We can barely do what we need to when we're Clocked Back." Which is why the unicorn's quick with the offer to get more bodies taking a Time Trip. "We've only been reacting. We don't know where they are, or if the scattered Seers that are here, are a part of the Reality War."

Head shake and hair rake

"Bodies. We don't have a lot. Everything in town was rewritten. Even us. We've all been touched. Someone," a glance to Faye, she didn't know the rocker at all, but the blond knew Crowely. They shared a Path, once. "Was an Acanthus who became an Obrimos, and because of something else, Faye was changed from an Enchantress to a Shaman. They don't want Acanthi around. I got here just when the Dreams started, and before the first Trip. Maybe I slipped by, or under their radar or something. But." Head shakes. "Time. Fate. They don't want us to be able to Do."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Assets? The Clock, us." Thrope nods towards Tuesday as she lists it all. Though he doesn't like where she's gone with the rest of that thought. "Fuck. That's huge." Everything is getting tweaked and the one Path that could help with that are being changed. That's going to make decisions worse.

"I'm an Apprentice of Time. Think it would be worth taking a look into the future for the Circle as it is?" Turn the weapon against the Seers. Maybe if he's lucky Thrope could get a short warning before things go south. There's no Arrow council to talk to here. It's the community as a whole... "I don't think that we can ignore it Vigil. I just don't know if we have the people to do it safely."

4. Bump "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The Moros Councillor was looking grim.

"So little." He breathed. He knew their resources as a Consilium were scant; he had not quite anticipated the depth of that paucity.

"If you can accomplish such a thing," he nodded to Thrope and Vigil. "I don't know if such a task will benefit us, but it could allay some concerns at least."

Turning back to Vigil. "I have offered what contacts I have but they are bound up in the cultural elite. I'm not quite sure what benefit they could bring. Or even, what I'm looking for if a Seer group had positioned themselves in high society. Its a needle in a haystack scenario."

He lapsed into troubled silence.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

V
    Vigil

Vigil quickly nods along at the idea of a movie night. Any chance to get to know his fellows better.

And then the bomb drops. "They ... can rewrite Paths? How is that even possible?" Stop. Breathe. Refocus. Don't let the moment pass unused. "And how were we aware that it had happened? How can we keep our knowledge safe?"

He shakes his head, still pushing through the lingering white noise in his mind. "I've some experience with time, but I'm more used to turning it on the present moment than the past or future. Perhaps it's time I changed that, if we're being actively denied access to those resources."

An uncomfortable thought. "The Seers from the Reality War ... Could they be based out of a time other than the present? How does that even work, if we're reacting from now?"

Yep. Headache. Not going away. "I don't suppose there are movies that make sense out of all this time travel business?"

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Nod. Solemn like.

Everything was totes heavy.

"When you're outside of Time." Tuesday says, "The first one, it was when it happened. Like the very beginning. Everyone had memories. There's prolly all faded and hazy now. Since. Time. Rewrite. I remember, because. Well. I didn't know him. I remember what people told me about him. And he used to be an Acanthus. So. Yeah. But, for Faye. No one who was still here remembers her as anything other then her Shaman self. Well. She remembers. I think?" hazels turn to the blond, "But everyone who went on that Trip. Me, Campy. Uh..." Fisher was gone, and there was something fuzzy about that. She remembered that the mustelid had come with, but suddenly she wasn't there. Tuesday had a feeling that someone found the women before her Awakening and put a bullet in her. One less Shaman for Team Good Guys. "Avis, and uh-Strix." unhappy look. One for Avis being Not Here and the memory of Strix being erased. One wrong step, and goodbye life.

"But that wasn't so much of them doing shit, it was us. Trying to keep them from doing shit." Look. This time to Campy. Since. Obelisk, and blowing it up. "But. Like they have all the power they want. Their dee-bag masters are letting them do whatever the fuck they want, just to mess with Time. So. Yeah. Reasons for super hard and stupid."

Heels, rocking on 'em. "Yeah. I believe that. They have a bolt hole, some-when. Knowing we can't get to them, especially if they don't do shit to mess with anything. The Clock wont do."

Hair rake. "I got some weight I can throw around. Not in the circles of the social slash cultural elite...but. Uh. Yeah. Elsewhere." Thrope knew just where.

Snort. "Yeah. Tons of movies. Venture upon the path of the great googles and you'll find some. Oh. And Doctor Who. Always an option too." and not just because Tuesday was waaaay the fuck behind.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging, “Maybe if we had more people we could be working on looking for them. But we’re stretched pretty damn thin.” They can only focus on one or the other. And right now, stopping them in the past seemed more important.

Tuesday made an excellent point, those that were Acanthus were changed. “Think you’re onto something there, they don’t want Acanthus around. Makes sense, they’re attacking in the past, by removing and changing our current ones, it gives them a leg up. But we have the Clock, which is a huge asset. And of course you,” a look and nod to Tuesday, “So no changing paths, ok?” she didn’t do heavy, convo was getting heavy, Faye tries to make a joke. It was what she did, and it was probably a defense mechanism or something. Whatever, heavy sucked.

“I haven’t worked on any contacts since getting here. But if I did, it would be in entertainment, which I don’t think will really help us.” Looking to Campy, “I think yours could be very useful. The cultural elite seem like they would have the money to help fund Seer’s. Not to mention, and nothing against you, but most of those elite think they’re better than the rest of us, seems a good fit for asshole Seer’s. Might be worth poking around see what turns up.” She didn’t think Campy was a snob, she liked the guy.

Eyes move to Vigil, “How are we aware?” she asks before taking a deep breath, “Cause I remember being an Acanthus. I remember the dream that changed my Path. As to keeping knowledge safe?” shrug, “I don’t know. They’re hitting us hard and we barely have a chance to breathe and regroup before we going back in time.” Of course she remembered, it’s not something easily forgotten.

Nodding, “I remember, and I don't want to forget.” It sucked, but she sees herself as stronger now, more useful. Like everything made more sense than before. But she did wonder if she’d ever forget, if those memories would fade over time or be erased. She didn’t want to forget, but sometimes shit happens and you can’t help it.

“I don’t think we can’t get to them, we just haven’t found them. Step one is finding them and their bolt hole. Once we know where that is, we should be able to figure out what we’re dealing with and plan an attack. Least I like to believe we can find them and kick the shit out of them. Give them the death they deserve for what they’ve done and for those we’re lost. I don't think they're untouchable, we're fucking Awakened, which means we can throw some shit at them.” Yeah, she had some major beef with the Seer’s.

O
    Oculus

The Circle's tranquility is broken with a lot of wise words. Interesting questions. Oculus doesn't feel equipped in either experience or lore to join, so he stays silent.

And then it hits him. Like a stone. A lightning. A lightning made of stone.

"What if" he begins, cautiously. "We've been looking at it all wrong? It doesn't truly matter how they rewrite Paths. How they jump in time. It's why they do it."

Pausing, catching breath.

"You said they don't want the Consilium to form. But why? There's a milion simpler ways to get rid of us, why choose something as risky? Can it have something to do with the Clock's creators?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella was listening and when he heard Oculus speaks, the Moros' face goes suddenly slack.

"Of course! Well... Yes. Perhaps. I've always simply assumed they wanted to wipe us out ever being here so the city becomes their playground. But what if that is not it?"

A sudden surge of eagerness burns in his eyes. He turns to Faye and Tuesday.

"When was the first official Consilum of the Awakened formed? Do you know? Is there any evidence left to give us a date. Perhaps there was something going on at that time... And all this... All this is simply scouring the future so they can sympathetically attack the Consilium's foundation. And in doing so, perhaps they remove a rival for whatever it is that was going on in Sacramento at that time."

He looked around, suddenly embarrassed.

"Sympathy is... Admittedly not my thing. But I do understand as above, so below; the old astrological dictum. But surely the analogy works in Time as well as Space. The past informs the future; the future puts conditions on what must have occurred in the past. I... I am not sure how much that helps."

He turned onto other matters.

"Like Faye I think the Seers are here, laying low. But unless we have something concrete to go on, we'll never find them. I could work my contacts for certain, but what do I tell them? I can't just tell them to look out for anything odd - can imagine the sheer volume of false leads and nonsense I'd get? Or how much credibility I'd waste on such a move? But give me a name or an event, and I'm sure I could get a number of different views and perspectives that we can interrogate."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

V
    Vigil

Vigil is silent for a long moment. Listening, letting conversation flow around him. Plans, ideas, conjectures, everyone seemed to have something, but what they were facing ... doesn't matter, as long as it's not each other.

Still, no one seemed to like keeping their focus on the enemy for this long.

"Then we have much to watch for. But we can't lose track of who we are, either. Friendships, trust ... movie night, if that's what it takes."

A glance to Campanella. "Does the Exchange have room for one more?"

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread