Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Desideratum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Following Sera to the Social Nightclub was a realized action of the Ashen Wisp just wanting innocent fun, contrary to her thoughts at the time. It hadn't been until the end of the night when was epiphany was made, and so tonight, with a dedicated focus Mhairi stripped herself bare, her skinny jeans, her fabulous boots, the bat covered sweater she'd worn when tiding up around the office. Showered, and dressed....in far less clothing. Or at least, less covering, clothing.

Slinky heels took the place of her boots, thigh high stockings (with a Mhairi approved skull and crossbones pattered, that shimmer gold when in the light), clipped to a garter belt, and a just-short-enough velvet skirt took over for her skinny jeans, and an immediately reassuring purple corset (color, it turns out that she was really starting to like it) took it's rightful place where the sweater used to be.

Glamour Hardening her Mask as she applies her makeup, and arranges her hair artfully atop her head, leaving a few wisps free to frame her face. She bites her lip and looks at herself in the mirror. Should she real-yes. She'd worn less for Halloween, and she was headed to a place where she'd still be over (and under) dressed.

Nodding to herself she throws on a jacket. 'Let's do this.'

Travel was spent tending to the fluttering butterflies that seemed to be living in her stomach, she hardly noticed when the car stopped. Stepping into the Asylum, after paying the driver, she shrugs off her jacket. Absently noticing she's seen that it was taken by the coat check, she breathes out. Eyes taking the decor and the people, the cloths and costumes and less. Bare flesh and supple limbs, her butterflies don't abate. Though they really should. She's been here before, and these butterflies were fluttering more then they had when she first dared step into the club, it's music thrumming through her, then as it was doing now. Unlike before when she was just stuttering and shy, anticipation coiled, hot and heady. She knew, now more then ever what could be found, and what needs could be satisfied within.

(...or maybe it was just about who could be waiting inside.)

She shakes her head, and presses further inside. An appletini was needed, to calm her nerves, if nothing else.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Book Keeping~!

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With the number of notable Kindred in the Domain becoming fewer every year, Asa found himself dividing more and more of his evenings between Nox and Asylum rather than keeping a finger on the pulse of Elysium.

Or lack of a pulse.

Lack of a pulse of the lack of pulses?

At both establishments sometimes he rolled his sleeves up and worked the bar. It was something he'd learned from Lioni Dupree. Delightfully insane she might have been but there was something to be said for the different perspective. And one could only walk around or lounge for so many nights. The rolled sleeves in this case belonged to a deep purple dress shirt, a carryover habit from his years among the Unconquered. Powerful forearms flexed and rippled as glasses were poured and bottles spun. Small talk with patrons was mixed with occasional banter with Cozette Muriel.

A small smile touched his lips at the sight of the little shrike ( Mhairi Ankaa ). For once she wasn't in the company of a stunning blonde (or two) and it made her dark looks stand out a bit more as if she weren't in others' shadow(s). His eyes lingered on her captivating ones for a moment before giving an approving once over to the corset and then returned to meet her eyes with his.

"Welcome back."
    Asa placed his hands on the bar and leaned forward slightly, the smile still on his lips. "What would you like?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Her purposeful stride to the bar slows when she catches sight of the tender. There were probably others, but his confidant movements and easy banter arrested her attention. This man just had a tendency to do that.

Her steps begin again, and Mhairi obviously eyes Asa's forearms, enjoying the play of the flexing muscles as they ply this craft. She could probably devote hours to watching those forearms, and if she was the same Mhairi who'd entered the Asylum that first time she would have stumbled to the end of the bar and been content with watching them - him, and bringing those memories home to enjoy alone. But she wasn't that Mhairi, hell. It had been months since she'd seen Asa, last Halloween in fact, when she still stuttered.

"Hello again," she says as she finds a place to sit. Feeling powerful as his eyes rake over her form, "That's a fairly open ended question, isn't it?" she smiles, "But I usually start my nights off with an appletini."

My, where had all her nerves gone?

7. Likes Forn Clakes, West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You're baiting me to make a terrible joke about 'open ends' at a fetish club. I won't give in."

It was one of his weaknesses. A sense of humor that could drift in the Danse-awful paired with the proclivity to translate anything and everything into innuendo. The appraising look was back in his eyes with a mixture of curiosity like the drink he made. Rather than just dumping De Kuyper in some vodka, he substituted gin and dashed grapefruit juice and maraschino liqueur into the glass before squeezing a slice of lime into it.

"One Appletini,"
    he pronounced, setting the glass on a napkin. "For the silent little shrike who seems to have more and more to say every time I see her."

There was an unasked question there with the rise of an eyebrow. Granted, things had happened, but this was a far cry from the silent girl he'd had to rouse off of her stool. She'd also managed the entire exchange without tripping over a word.

"...Now stand up nice and straight, give me a twirl, and tell me what brings you here."

The curiosity was still there, but his dark eyes grew more intent as he decided to see what might still be the same.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

9. Likes Forn Clakes, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I might have been." she really hadn't. Honestly with how often she found herself around Springs, you'd think there would be more instances where her words were twisted up and turned into innuendo. If the Wasp was still around Mhairi was sure she'd be at the top of her game. A frown flits across her features. Gods she missed Coco.

She continues to watch him work, smiling at the flourishes, and watching as Asa added and substituted, not saying a word against the changes. "Thank you," Mhairi's head tilts as she sips, it was different, but not a bad different. Just - Asa's drawl interrupts her tasting of the drink and Mhairi was sure that sounded like a question. Didn't that quirk of an eyebrow mean questions?

She really needed to get a better handle on facial queues.

Deciding that it was a question, Mhairi decided to answer, "Life...took a very strange turn for me." she takes another sip. "I stood on the precipice of change, lept...and realized I could fly." Mhairi says carrying on the metaphor. Asa called her a shrike, while more then a few Lost - including herself, thought she should have been a magpie.

Once more pulled from her thoughts by Asa's drawl, a shiver races up her spine at the words. A smile curves her lips. Mhairi slips from the the stool to stand. Straight as requested, unlike the last time she didn't have to pull her shoulders from her ears to find the right posture.

She steps around the stool to find a place she wouldn't hit someone or thing as she twirled. Showing off her self and her outfit. Smiling as her skirt flairs up at the motion, and as the light catches the skulls and making them gleam gold for a moment. "What brings me here now, is what brought me here last time." says the wisp before she finishes the rotation.

Returning to her stool, she smiles up at Asa, "Though with more purpose...I suppose I would call it. I know what I and what I need. I can't really get that in my every day." Mhairi admits. "And it's not really something I can go to any club and find some random stranger for some anonymous fun for either. So, I came here." a shrug, a smile and she sips on her appletini.

11. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Are you suggesting that I'm not a random stranger?"

Asa laughed softly. Her reasons were ones he'd heard before and they were probably what brought most to Asylum. What interested him more than the actual reason was how a person delivered it. The words that they chose and the purpose with which they spoke often said volumes about them. There were those that came here for years and still claimed they were 'experimenting' while others recognized and accepted it for what it was -- and thus themselves.

And there really was nothing like a skirt twirling around legs. At least this time she wasn't wearing some garish footwear that detracted from the overall effect. His question might have been presumptuous -- if she hadn't chased him down at Reverence. Asa dried his hands with a bar towel and moved to exit the area, coming around to where Mhairi sat.

"I'm interested to hear more about your specific purpose,"
    he said. After all, they'd done several things on Brothel Night. "But," he held up a finger, "I find myself far more curious about this precipice and your leap."

It might have been the Dragon awoken within that wanted to know more about change, or maybe it was just the profound difference in self possession. Asa nodded towards one of the dark corners with empty seating.

"Come."

The drawl deepened into a command, and he wended his way through the crowd to ease himself into a baroque club chair.

"On your knees or on my lap."

13. Likes Forn Clakes, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Wisp's laughter sparks, "I might run into you randomly, but after my first visit and last Halloween...I don't think I can qualify you as a stranger.". Even if she didn't really know anything about him, besides the name he'd given her; Asa, and that he owned the Asylum.

Mhairi took another sip of her appletini, sweeping her lashes down and looking at Asa through them as he comes around the bar to her, questions that weren't phrased as questions springing from his lips. Her lips twisted upward in response. This was one of the reasons she liked Asa as much as she did. Him being gorgeous, and his velvet soft voice, showing the steal beneath, were a part of it too, but the questions (Mhairi was a little more sure these were heading into question territory) and the conversation. It made her think, more then feel. (Though there were moments where she felt a whole hell of a lot that it made thinking impossible)

"Well, I'd be happy to try and sate that curiosity."

It appeared that thinking of the steal beneath that slow drawl caused Asa to not carry on to the actual realm of questions but to make Mhairi's eyes to flutter and a shiver to travel the length of her spine.

With that single command Mhairi stands, abandoning her drink on the bartop and follows after Asa as he winds his way through the crowd, bringing them both to a shadowed corner. Then, he offers her a choice.

Her first instinct is to drop to her knees, but she doesn't want to scuff her stalkings just yet. (Sure, that's the reason. Not the temptation. Nor the choice. Or the whisper of 'be bold' within.) So, as her heart thumps wildly within her breast she slides onto Asa's lap. Smiling hesitantly up at him, once more gazing at him from beneath the fan of her lashes.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Stranger than she knew.

Asa watched her consider the choices and then make one, feeling the weight and warmth of her settle onto his legs. Both choices had represented answers to a question as his attention began to narrow and focus on the curious case of Starfire the shrike. Fingers plucked at the velvet skirt, straightening new creases until it was just so before they rested familiarly on her thigh. His other hand took her wrist and moved it behind her back; fingers open, waiting expectantly for the other writs to join it.

"So, tell me about this precipice. And let me add another question, as long as you're happy to sate my... curiosities."
    He smiled, unable to help himself. "That question being whether your experience here had anything to do with it. Not the precipice itself, but the decision, because I find myself curious which came first -- learning what you needed here, or applying that acceptance of yourself elsewhere."

Many things had drawn him to the Asylum. Aside from the Bloody obvious, Lioni had showed him the atavistic nature of the pursuit of base urges. It was an awareness some immortals never possessed and which he found captivating in the mortals which did.

Well. The very attractive mortals.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

She settles, and Asa fixes her skirt, before his warm fingers rest on her thigh, she feels twitchy this was a choice, yes, but something entirely new. Asa's other hand pressing her wrist against her back settled her more then it should have. Or perhaps not, considering who she was and why she came.

Settling into a calmer state, sure she'd made a bold - for her - choice, but this was familiar. Mhairi moves her other wrist to join the first.

"My precipice was power. Taking it, I mean." Mhairi admits softly, trusting the closeness and the music to keep her words between the two of them. "And...I think so. I originally came here because I had an epiphany about my preferences..." her voice trails off, before picking up again. "Being Vanessa's....eyes, forced me to speak when I normally wouldn't."

Her voice falls off, longer this time before she opens her mouth to speak.

"So...for your question, I learned what I needed here first....I'm still trying to accept myself in my everyday - I'm better then I was, but..." She was a girl made of fire and stars, and she once hated fire. Learning to accept that part of her has been a trail - one that isn't over yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread