Ended
Watch

Two Sides, One Coin

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    A
    Alexander Brown

The Darkling glows internally as Sasha chuckles. It felt good to see he's still able to tell an easy joke. In this particular case, it felt more than good, though.

"Studio One, huh?" He imprints the name in his memory, intent on googling it up later. "Don't get me wrong, I think what you do is admirable, but with your skills you could own any scene in this town. People would kill and ransack their mothers' retirement funds to see you. You abandoned the Cirque for reasons I understand, but to quit performing altogether..." He looks deep into those inviting, delightfully violet eyes. Obviously, there were Reasons, and if the Dancer was comfortable to share, he was willing to listen. "Why?"

There is not much to add on the topic of those who would voluntarily give up control. But... "Yeah, I've heard of them too. I was surprised to learn they have a place of their own in this very city, a club called the Asylum" He didn't feel the need to ask if she's heard of it. Obviously, she hasn't, it was a setting that seemed completely alien to her, and besides, such a question could lead to some embarassing assumptions.

Beautiful moment, do not pass away! And yet, it had to, and the would-be Faust understood there could be more... but not now. To rush things would be to cut down the very tree he was trying to nurture from a sapling. Waiting is your thing, bro. The voice in his head set in again. Just don't fuck this up.

He notices - how could he not? - that most of what he said was omitted, although he was oblivious as to the reason why. Still, the answer to the most umportant question of all was there, hanging in the air. He smiled.

"That's it? I think I may have my answer, after all. You said we wanted to meet. There was an excercise of will and it happened. No destiny. No <<the stars are right>>. Just you and me, in control of our lives. Isn't that wonderful?" The last word was a little heavy on theatrical emphasis, to water down the fact that the last couple of sentences can be read as a little pretentious.

S
    Sasha

She could own any scene in this town. In fact, sometimes she let go a little and did attract attention while she danced. Sasha loved it and hated it all at the same time. Occasionally, the Dancer felt more trapped inside her body than she did with her Keeper. To hear him say it made her feel good, but, there was no other way to address this right now.

"Alexander." She breathed in calmly. She couldn't tell him all the details of something very vital, so instead, she tries to word it delicately. "That precise reason is why it's dangerous for me to do so." Her brows lifted, Sasha was also speaking of what couldn't be mentioned this very moment. "What do you think caused the issues I have in the first place."

Upon mentioning the club, the Dancer's brows knitted a moment. "You know, I think I went there for a Halloween party. Or it could have been another place, I'm not sure. There used to be a hotel, the Sterling, I think. They hosted such beautiful holiday parties; Christmas and Valentine's day as well as Halloween. It was hard to choose sometimes. Three or four parties going on at once. I usually just went with Terri or friends. You know, safety in numbers." She chuckled softly, but it really was the truth.

Her violets marveled the Darkling a moment, probably longer than a moment. Someone wrapped up in thought, hanging on thematics. 'We', it was really wonderful. "I like how you pay attention to the little things. Not many do that anymore." There was perhaps one person, but, any sort of future with Him wasn't going to happen.

"This, Alexander, is wonderful. Figuring thing out, not playing games, just letting the moments take us somewhere." Sighing contently, her eyes not looking away.

A
    Alexander Brown

The moment Sasha addressed him by his full name and inhaled, as if containing the need to strike him down for his ill-placed curiosity, Alexander knew he overstepped his bounds. With the speed only thoughts can provide, he considered apologizing and explaining himself, pondering which one will make him look like less of an ass. Finally, he decides on the latter.

"I see your point. But it's considerably harder to snatch someone who is constantly in the spotlight than a person trying to keep a low profile. Take the President's children - they are prime targets for just about any terror group you can think of, but they don't just throw them in a hole somewhere in Oklahoma. They go to school, have friends, appear on talk shows..." The Mirrorskin stops there, certain that she gets what he's saying. His inborn cautiousness dictates him to suspect a deeper, darker, colder reason behind it all, one she might not wish to share. This is why it'd be good to cap it right now, just to stay on the safe side. "But hey, at least it's Christmas every day for those kids you teach." There is a smile, aimed at negating whatever uneasiness remains in the air.

There or maybe somewhere else? It's hard enough to picture Sasha in a fetish club, but to glance at the true meaning of these words proves impossible for the Darkling. Was she toying with him? That may be, the subject was prone to innocuous-looking jokes if one was in the right mood. He wondered, before dicarding the thought, who this Terri character was, and how did she fit into all this.

"Noticing the little details is what I've been paid to do all my life. And kudos to you for spotting the spotter." He says with a grin. Up until this moment it didn't occur to him that one perk of having such pale complexion is that he couldn't blush if he wanted to. Relaxing in his chair and minding not to break eye contact under any circumstances, he picks up where Sasha finished her last thought.

"Well, I'm no prophet, but I'm certain of this. Wherever it takes us, I think we are witnessing a prologue to the only kind of stories that are worth telling. The grand ones."

Awesome piece of a Scene here, how do you feel about taking it into the wrap direction?

S
    Sasha

What looked like an Epiphany passed over the Fairest's face. It was something she'd never thought of before. Taking the spotlight to use it for protection. Maybe that's what Violet had done. It would have made perfect sense. Everything was swirling into a grand design in her head and her face probably glowed.

"You're right. Wow, absolutely right. I think I had been worried about it considering something that happened in the past." And then reality struck her of why she was stolen away to begin with. "We should discuss some of these things in a more private atmosphere soon." She grinned beautifully.

Grand stories, worth telling, the Dancer liked the sound of that. "I think for now, we should take ourselves in and order some ice cream." A sweet but playful smile appeared on her face. "My favorite is butter brickle."

Sasha stood up and leaned in while slipping her hand into his. " I promise, I'll keep it cold for you." Even though things were soon going to get very warm after a soft kiss onto his lips. This was such a great start, unlike some past experiences. The Dancer was enjoying every moment of it.

Sounds fabulous, end scene unless you had one more thing?

A
    Alexander Brown

Everyone could tell that both of them were pleased with how this meeting unfolded. Some could tell there was curiosity in the air. But none could tell just where it will take the Dancer and the Mirrorskin.

Were there any more words exchanged that evening? Maybe. Maybe not.

Ultimately, however, it's not about the facts. It's about possibilities...and the toss of a coin.

End Scene! Thank you, that was positively awesome! Until next time (I hope)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.