DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh. You know. I was going to offer to help out with that..."

Ingrid struck and stood, watching her ball disappear into the rough. Right distance but wrong spot. One hand shaded her eyes - it was the only visible sign Ingrid gave her discomfort.

"But I guess Brigid will be suited to that than me; and she has experience in the real world that I don't. I guess she got the training and all that. Oh well. I can focus on other things. Getting to know my fellow Courtiers, for one. And the others as well."

The Darkling moved to one side, making way for the Elemental.

"So what motivates you? Besides keeping an eye out for the Freehold. And the power. No one would do that work if they didn't get a kick form the power and influence. Its the one universal currency. There are others, of course, but they are always subject to outside pressures and influence."

Ingrid had a wicked smile. Desire was its own currency. And if used well it could be traded up for power and influence. If done right.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Sunglasses. Mhairi thought. With how Spring was set up, it looked like Ingrid would be taking the reins, just because Sera didn't want it, and Brigid wanted to serve - though Serving the People as Queen was a thing...Mhairi would make the Darkling a pair of sunglasses. Even if buying some would be cheaper and easier, but doing this showed off some of Autumn's specialty and gifted Spring with something. There was some politics in that gesture that Mhairi didn't really want to figure out.

"Well...that's true." Mhairi says bluntly, "But stuff like that can be learned....actually, all the club stuff can be learned. You don't need to be predisposed...but. Yeah. Huh." she knew that Autumn's knowledge was learned, but the thought that everything the other Seasons did was likewise learned wasn't one Mhairi had had before.

Mhairi steps up with her club thingy and places the ball she'd been playing with down with a flourish. She angles herself like the Darkling had before her and tried to remember what she'd been from movies, tv and the other golfers around them had done.

"Uhhh...actually. Not power. Or at least not the kind your assuming. I'm me, and club head and Director because...well the first because, uh short story one of Them was pretending to be a club member and was gonna be head instead of anyone else, but stuff happened during the uh-party and he forgot himself and let Pride take control and so I did what no one else would. Swore I'd protect and guide and all that stuff....the Director thing. That was-ah. I didn't campaign, or anything like that. The Cub, voted and voted for me." said the wisp, still stupefied that the 'hold wanted her to lead it. "But, uh. Knowledge. Really. Learning something knew and strange." Mhairi pulls the club thingy back and makes a few practice swings, "Protecting my home, and friends."

The Ashen Wisp swings for real and it's as pitiful as she thought it would be. It didn't get the distance, and it went wide.

Sharing a look with the Darkling, "I promise I'm not as boring as I sound. I'm trying to get into fashion. In both sides of the yard." fell-flames flicker, did that mean what she wanted it to? Or did it just sound weird? "Uh. I don't want to say, if you know what I mean, but uh-if you know what I mean?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So. I guess I should come to you for some custom suits sometime, huh?" Ingrid quipped at Mhairi's hidden fashion revelation. Well - it was new to her!

"So you stepped up when the times were tough. Good call. Now don't tell me you don't get a kick out of it sometimes." A smile flickered across the Darkling's face.

More seriously: "You did what you had to do. That's leadership right there. And balls. When we take on stuff like that, no telling what will happen."

Deliberately turning toward the green - and the rough space where their stray balls had landed - Ingrid ironed a kink from her neck. The movement gave Mhairi a space in which to speak.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Sure....but I'm not super great at it yet. I'm still figuring it out...I have a sewing machine, but with everything that's been happening I need a dedicated work space...." Mhairi trails off, thoughts flitting through her eyes, as the flames flicker at every one. "But sure." a nod.

Following after Ingrid, and then just to continue that thread of the conversation before moving onto others "Sera's actually the one who told me to 'follow my dreams' she was really...enthusiastic? Encouraging? Both? About it. After a long time without a lot of your club around, it was...nice."

A blink. "No." it was hard and scary and full of pressure - wait. "Yes. But only when I'm in the Backyard and the uh-workers are around and they freak out. Because." finger wiggles around as she gestures to herself. Surely other Lost saw some of what the Hobs saw, maybe not the same but it couldn't be something that presses into their brains when Mhairi was in the Hedge..."Yeah, well. I was more like I was going to throw up because I realized no one was going to do anything, so I had to do it...it was terrifying. And thrilling, and it's been really crazy. But Fate? Maybe?"

Mhairi shrugs with a smile.

"So what do you do?"

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well. I was a professional snooper at one time in my life. Haven't done that in ages though," Ingrid began. She blew out a long long sigh. "Tried my hand at a couple of things over the years - for survival mostly. You know how it is when we first get back and you gotta find a way to fit in. Which doesn't work. I've played the witch card, too, when it suited. I actually found something of a home there, for a while. I think I may have to get back into that."

The Darkling grinned mischievously.

"Right now I'm a blank slate. I'll know what I need to do once I've sat down with my... merry band. Maybe I'll go go back to being a professional snoop. It could be fun. and useful."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

One thing Mhairi knew for sure, was that Darklings made for good snoops. So the comment gets a nod. Or did she mean she'd been a snoop, Before. Then was Taken because of her snooping....stories told from Darklings, if you got one drunk enough, alluded to something like that.

Her nod turned a little wooden, "Yeah. I get it." what Mhairi'd done when she'd first made it Back, flashed before her eyes and she shivered. It wasn't always pleasant, and sometimes you didn't manage to find other Lost let alone a Freehold that could help you.

"There used to be someone who said she was a witch...she left, but said she followed a coven member here and was going to start that up, so. Yeah. You could totally get back into it."

Blinking at the grin before she nodded little too seriously, "Yes it could definitely be useful...we lost a good uh-snooping sort a while ago. So uh yeah..." Mhairi trails off lamely, the mischievous nature of the smile finally clicked. "Oh. Was that a joke? Were you joking? Or was that serious?"

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid snickered.

"Oh I was a professional snoop. But if there is an opening...? Well, looks like I have something to work towards. And here was me thinking I'd have to turn myself into a club chick... You know, get all those lovely contacts and all."

The snickering faded quickly and the smile hardened into something a little more serious.

"I can look into private eye business too. Anything to help out. Having a License could make protecting this place easier, right? Easier to check out possible... dangers... when you have a reason to go around in places you shouldn't be."

Now was that a statement or an offer, I wonder.

Ingrid didn't reply when Mhairi alluded to the coven set. She didn't need to. There was a certain, electrified, jolt to her bearing and a glitter in her eye.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Don't ever do something you don't want to do." Mhairi said more fiercely then she ought. "We've dealt with enough shit to have to do stuff like that. Do it because you want to, or you need to. But don't do something you don't want to."

Mhairi blinks because the face had shifted. With someone she knew she had trouble understanding what their facial queues would mean, with someone knew....Mhairi stares at Ingrid's face. Openly scrutinizing the Darkling's reflective, rubbery face.

"I don't know you. And this stuff." Mhairi waves a drippy fingered hand at their faces, "Is hard for me. So. I might need help understanding until I know you better. But yeah. Something like that would be a big help. A great opportunity for those moments where we need to snoop around places we shouldn't be."

The lightening eyes and shiver, that Mhairi got. It was empathy. Mhairi felt the same when she heard that too.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

The silence grew. Not by intent or as a snub. Ingrid had at last got her ball on the green and was figuring how to use the putter how to best take her shot.

After much deliberation, she struck her ball, and a strangled gasp burbled from her lips as her ball skirted the hole.

Did you have anything further to add or shall we wrap this little scene up?

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Maybe Mhairi had given Ingrid something to think over, or maybe it was the group of muggles chortling at the girls who didn't know how to work a putter, a time to be quiet lest their words been taken in by ears that really shouldn't hear them.

Following after the Darkling, Mhairi attempts to ignore the laughter and the frustration over not quite getting this.

Mini golf next time. Definitely.

I can't think of anything else right now, thanks for the scene! Can't wait until we get Ingrid and Mhairi together again!

17. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread