DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

William Land Golf Course was a sprawling place of cultivated greenery, ponds and contrived wild places. Set between 13th Avenue and Sutterville Road the Golf Course marked one of the larger green spaces in South Sacramento. The whole area was an entertainment and function precinct - at the furthest edge of the Golf Course lay Sacramento Zoo, Doc Oliver Field, Fairy Tale Town - and of course, Funderland.

Quite fitting that Ingrid had chosen this place for her conversation with Mhairi. The Golf Course was big enough for them to disappear in and even if there were other mortals about, the etiquette of golf would ensure a modicum of privacy as they worked their way around the fairways.

To blend in, the Darkling had obtained some second hand clubs and a creaking caddie. She didn't have sporting clothes exactly, but had managed to throw together something that looked the part, or at least attempted to. The looks she had received so far ranged from mildly curious to flat out outraged.

Not that she cared.

The Golf Course offered privacy that neither the local gym nor any of the eateries really afforded.
    Mhairi Ankaa Saber Sloth
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

2. Likes Forn Clakes, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

So they were golfing. Actual golfing, and not mini golfing.

Huh.

Mhairi's never been golfing before. So this should be an...experience.

Much like Ingrid, Mhairi didn't have a whole lot of athletic wear, let alone something that would be...appropriate, but she figured that stiletto spikes and a corset wouldn't be..good. So she settles on a loose top, with a patterned but sheer back, red skinny jeans and a pair of thigh high boots, with a low heel. She was getting some looks, but really didn't care.

A freeing feeling to the once terrified of everything that would draw attention to her girl.

"Ingrid! Hello!" Autumn's Queen chirps once the Darkling was in view. "Why golf?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile split the Darkling's face and she returned the Elemental's greeting with a wave.

"Hi!" The word was long and drawn out. Too much like Heath Ledger's Joker had she known.

She stood, more relaxed than posed, while the Autumn Queen drew near.

"Why not? Its a Thing. And its right next door. Plus no one should bother us as long we keep on moving. Thats the trick. Everyone wrapped up in their contentment. No one sees anything. Just what we want so we can really talk. You think we could do that in a restaurant or a gym?"

She straightened once Mhairi had arrived.

"Besides. Exercise is good. No sweat. Even better."

As if the scent of sweat could overpower the aroma of ripe plums.

6. Likes , Forn Clakes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi blinks, "Huh, I never thought about it like that." she really hadn't, but that meant that Ingrid did want to something other then golf. "No. In a restaurant it's all very quiet and a lot of club speak....and I haven't gone to the gym with club members, so I don't know what that's like." a little blunt, but the Leaden Queen was an Elemental.

Mhairi nods, smiling, "Oh yes, you can never get enough exercise, especially the kind that doesn't make you get covered in sweat." the scent of decay surrounding Mhairi would cover the scent of sweat, but Mhairi just didn't like the feel of sweat covering her skin.

"So, are we actually going to play or are we just on a walk with golf accessories?" The pair start moving, can't use that trick to keep others from their conversation if they were rooted in place. "If we are playing, I need to let you know that I've never played before in my life."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh good. Then we can both fail together. We really will look like two girlfriends having fun with some old clubs. We need to look the part, so lets play."

The smile never wavered on her stained lips.

"And I need to work out what I can around here. And what needs to be done. That sort of thing. Help you I could. I'm not exactly ... eh... gardener material."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Ashen Wisp laughs, "Well then this'll be fun? Maybe? It's certainly going to be an experience." even if Mhairi was kinda worried about Ingrid. It was sunny out. Darkling...didn't do well in the sun, and ones as pale as Ingrid...well she was a grown women who could decide for herself, Mhairi wouldn't take her choices away from her. Even if she was The Boss.

"Ah." she breathes, "I thought you wanted to go over Contracts." it was wonderful that the term for the most used fae magics was something so mundane. "But if you want to know what needs doing....well. Everything really." which Ingrid already knew, "Hmm, I'm leaving the Groundskeeper to decide if he needs help, or an appearance or whatever he needs. He's the one doing the job, he already knows more about doing it then I do about hearing what's it about. Or something like that." Mhairi shakes her head, and palms a little golf ball, she tosses it from hand to hand. "Well, I'm sure you or Sera has that...wishing well? Settled a little bit, there's the finalizing that stuff. But, I was thinking leaving our After Dark events to your club's capable hands. Hosting, or organizing or something like that." Mhairi frowns, thinking, "Managing the flow of people around the Park. I know some nights we might double book, or even only have one event going and, while the Parks not really big, in the wee hours getting lost is easy..." damn now that sounded...well, they both knew how that sounded.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant." she sighs, "I'll stop talking now."

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh we'll get to Contracts..." The Darkling hissed with pleasure.

"But first - wait! You'd hand that over to us?" Ingrid stops for a moment. "Well. Thats... Thats very generous. I'm sure Sera would really like it. And it'd give that Brigid something to sink her teeth into." A smile played on her lips. "But seriously. Shouldn't we get the ordinary routine of running the place under our collective belts first."

A thoughtful pose later.

"I can pass the news on anyways. And it'll be fun for us in the Green to work on it. Like a project."

The pose fell and the lips thinned.

"Yes. Plenty of ways through if you got the will and the way. But its like that everywhere. We got any major Gates or anything to watch over?" The last words were a bit more upbeat.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

There it is again. Not the hiss, but the want. Something that even through her Elementalism Mhairi can see clear as day. Ingrid might want the magic, but it wasn't to stay fast against Fear or for the knowledge itself, but for the want of it. Which was the difference between the Autumn and the Spring.

"Yeah....?" Mhairi stops when Ingrid does, "Why wouldn't I? It's what you, and Sera and Brigid do. Or some of what you do. I don't mean the sex part of what you do." a beat "That sounds wrong. I mean, parties. Connecting to people. Keeping the other Three grounded to this side, and not lost to that one."

Mhairi flicks her fingers, watching the quicksilver fly off and burn as the Darkling thinks.

"Cool." Mhairi nods, "Very true."

Now it's Mhairi's turn to strike a thoughtful pose.

"Oh yes, there's a few well trodden paths, and Gates, of course. I'll grab a map or maybe I'll boot up a computer and show you on Google maps later.*" head tilts, "Unless you want to talk about them now?"

13. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oooo! Use a computer. Lets do that." Ingrid giggled.

Turning back to the debate at hand. "Well we certainly could do that. It would keep Brigid out of trouble. Sera sounds like she'd be into it. The parties, I mean. Making friends."

After a while.

"How is it going, managing... and all that?"

Ingrid let that last just slip out while she was preparing a shot.

As per West's notes the venue is pulled back to just Funderland. We don't have any major trod's left. Doesn't mean we can't have lots of minor ones

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Sounds like a plan." and maybe if Mhairi wasn't an Elemental she'd ask why the thought of using a computer excited the Darkling so.

"Yeah, probably. Or maybe she'll take up Sasha's offer and head over to the Blue Note and help out." Mhairi shrugs, playing with the little dimpled golf ball. "She is." Mhairi nods, "I don't think she had a lot of friends Before. Or maybe she did and just wants new ones..." Mhairi frowns before she shrugs, "I didn't really pry, and if you really want to know you can ask her."

It just seemed like good sense to Mhairi, but maybe she offended Ingrid somehow. Then the question came, and maybe Mhairi was wrong. Since coming Back she'd gotten a lot wrong in situations like this.

"Uhhh...okay...? I mean, managing Edna's - the Boarding House that I'm moving to Funderland - gave me a lot of experience with managing-managing. While the almost six months of me being a club head gave me a little practice managing that sort of stuff...but if you mean Funderland and the..." she was going to say Park, but that normally meant the Hedge, but the name they picked worked well enough "Being the Directer...it's...interesting. There's not a whole lot of us around, so the changeover's been easier....but the real test will be when Funderland's full, right?"

Watching the palewraith line up her shot, "Why?"

doh! My sleepy brain completely forgot that :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread