Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1705) Alice and Cynthia!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

At Cynthia's words Alice nods. Smoothly inhuman, the soft lull of strings, before they're tugged, pulling the Doll's head back up.

"Miss Weiss, a painter and a musician? Impressive." Assuming her chemical scented cousin was any good. "What brings you to Sacramento?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia shrugged. "I suppose I have to be." Modesty or self-deprecation? It was hard to tell. The smell of bitter almonds was starting to be overwhelm the bleach.

"A few reasons." She started, reclining a bit in her chair. "I was starting to get worried that being in one place for a few decades was putting me in a rut. Wanted to travel a bit, broaden my horizons." A pause hung in the air, Cynthia doing a double take around the room. "...Plus the San Fran political scene was starting to get unbearable."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

As Cynthia and Alice continue to speak, she knows that the scent will have Vivian and Mable turning away. Which Alice didn't really get, Alice didn't mind it. The evolving scent made it do that once one scent was overpowering another would take it's place, but Alice did find the scent of burnt hair and charred skin arousing. Or at least when Robert was the source of the scent.

To the words Alice hums, it's an empty, hollow sound. A mockery of interest threads it's way through it. Some would confuse the words spoken and the tone given. But Alice wasn't most people, her very existence meant that every time she opened her mouth people's first instinct was she was insincere and fake. Alice just had to wonder after which was right, the words, or the tone.

A few decades? Did she mean from birth to now, or Embrace until now? If it's the latter, then the chemically scented women was older then Alice by far. She wondered if it would help her navigate Sacramento's fluid, yet ridged structure. "Completely understandable, before finding Sacramento, I was always on the move." First it was to stay ahead of Henry, then the reality of her forever,
    and the consequences for Jack's kidnapping and Embracing her. The difference between a Haunt and a Shadow.

"In what way?" there hadn't been many kindred from San Francisco to Alice's knowledge, and with everything that's been happening, she hadn't been paying any attention to Domains outside the her own. Maybe it was about the Covenants, but maybe the laws on Nosferatu had tighten uncomfortably with a possible change in leadership.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia's attention was fully on Alice now. It was clear the other kindred were too far put off by the fact she smelt like someone took a dip in a vat inside a cyanide factory. Annoying but expected.

The pale dolls reaction was a bit unexpected. Cynthia was not sure if this was part of the seneschal's curse or... She cringed when her mind started to go over what exactly she had said. Was meeting her in a bright lit room far removed from the dark, creeping warrens of the necropolis likely buried deep under the city really making her trip over her words this much? I've really been in that city for far too long.

"The Movement and the Church are starting to butt heads over there. Separation of church, state and other petty stuff is starting to boil over there." She started to explain. Alice could feel the eyeroll in that sentence. "It's starting to become enough of a thing that anyone that wasn't in a covenant already is starting to be... Encouraged to sign up with someone." What that encouragement was exactly was left unsaid.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Seneschal's dead-doll-flesh moves with the white brow that arches. The Movement was accomplishing something in San Francisco? She'd have to tell Ale to keep an eye out for that. Even if they did see more kindred hailing from LA, San Francisco was closer and could offer more bleed over.

The brow lowers as abruptly as it raised, she can't remember which Domain Byrne came from. With how chaotic that night had been, Alice can't even remember if she asked the Shadow where he'd come from. Alice hopes that it wont come to bite her in the ass, but very much doubts her own luck.

"Well, you'll find Sacramento is very different then what you are used to then. You might be asked about Covenants, your stance and if you would join one, but unless you unless you express a true interest...most will leave you be. At least on that topic. There are exceptions of course. There always is. As for the presence of the Movement and the Second Estate within the Domain, currently there is only one who openly claims to be a Carthian. Peter Byrne, Mehket. Though, the highest placed within the Lancea et Sanctum are Robert Longstreet and Robert Cross. Both are Nosferatu, the former is Bishop and the latter is my Whip."

Right now, Alice regretted keeping Lyssa away from her. The Blind Doll could really use her binders. Oh well, everything was still posted elsewhere, and Alice could direct the women towards them so they could be read over.

But first,

"Miss Weiss, have you ever committed the Amaranth? Or have you come into Sacramento with the intention of participating in such an act?" the question tastes like ash on her tongue. She hadn't devoured Bea's soul, but she did glut herself upon the Daeva's vitae.

feel free to lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-12 12:50:10 Alice Hart rolls 1 to Is you a lying liar who lies? (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 -3 Blind) (10 Again) 3 failure

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"They are free to try. No one has really put effort into wowing me without getting pushy about it." Cynthia explained. Some small part of her was starting to bug her about this woman. The growing disquiet was oddly comforting, if only out of familiarity.

"That's...Not exactly something I had planned no."
    Audible shuddering could be heard from her direction. "If you need proof, you can grab the nearest Shadow and have them eyeball me. They always seem to know." It seemed doubtful she was even lying.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"That is a sentiment I understand completely. I made my choice, and I was the one to pursue my Covenant. Not the other way around." Which, for the Crone Alice believed was the best way. It proved your faith was true, or came from a place of truth. Alice didn't want any false believers worshiping at the alter she will rebuild.

"I'm not going to apologies for asking, as it must be asked." her solemn tone, a mockery of the Doll's intent. "I will trust your word...besides, the only Shadow we have isn't here...and he's the Carthian I mentioned."

A bone pale hand raises, and...
    ...is handed two binders.

Mortal finger tips brush against the dead-doll-flesh of her should, and Lyssa, her ghoul and apparent stalker sets herself far enough back that her warmth, and thrumming heart will not disturb her lady from her duties.

Fingers seek the spine of the binders, "This contains the Laws of the Domain," the binder is offered to her Cousin. By rote Alice speaks, "Easily enough to follow, the Three Traditions will be kept in full, do not violate another's haven, if a Blood Hunt is called, you will be expected to participate. None are allowed to inflict Final Death upon another, only the Prince can grant that privilege." which, Alice now understood as the Hunger gnawed was bull, but something that must still be said. "Treason is frowned upon. You attendance is expected in all formally announced courts, the next of which is soon approaching. If there is some sort of issue, please come to me, or another Court Official to see if we can deal with whatever it is, before you think about approaching the Prince with it." Something Alice knows she really didn't have to tell a Nosferatu with decades under her belt. "The final page lists all current Clan Prisci and Court Officials."

Waiting for the binder to be returned before Alice gives the second to Cynthia.

"This one lists the laws specific to Elysium. Obviously no weapons are allowed. You are also not allowed to use your Disciplines. The exceptions is of course the Mask of Tranquility, and the Aspect of the Predator." Alice wonders if she should add last bit she normally dose, but thinks of the confusion over words choice and tone, she decides to add it "Please be polite, and use common sense."

Once Alice is in possession of both binders once more, she hands them off to the attentive Lyssa. Who, was probably wet with need of Alice's vitae. She needed to bead out the Barrens. Soon. Both Regent and Ghoul needed blood.

"Any questions?"

9. Likes Deltaomega liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." The weight of the binders lifted the moment Alice handed them over to the Nosferatu. Faint sound of pages turning and the mutterings of Cynthia could be heard as she started going over the contents carefully. "...Emergency services off limits...Dunno what a Kallisti is but I'm pretty sure I am not one of those..." A few more seconds and Alice could hear jewellery jingle as she nodded. She passed the binders back over to her. "OK, got it."

Another pause. "Have we dug up a Necropolis or are we staying topside?" Her cousins activities were a mystery, beyond the few she had mentioned.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The thanks receives a nod, knowing it was more for politeness' sake then something that truly needed a response.

"You are not a Kallisti, and will not become one." Alice answers the muttering, even knowing she probably shouldn't, but she wanted to ease her new cousin's mind. "They are a succubi bloodline."

A quick learner. Good. Very good.

"Both. We currently have an above ground haven that serves as the entrance, the building itself needs some love, but it serves it's purpose. The Necropolis itself is slowly becoming what it once was. The Clan used to be the strongest, we held Court, the Underground was a Regency, time is a harsh mistress, and soon all but myself and one other, Whip Cross abandoned Sacramento. It's been a trial to replace what's been lost due to that neglect.

"In the coming nights, I will give you a tour,"
    that she would be given a key remains unsaid. They were in Court, and not truly free to speak. "I'll also call the Clan together soon, and introduce you to them."

A pause, not because she needs such things but to denote a shift in conversation.

"Do you have no other questions....?" Alice waits for a reply, if it is a negative Alice continue. If Cynthia asks something more Alice answer it, before continuing. "Do you, Cynthia Weiss of Clan Nosfreatu swear loyalty to Prince Asa Clarke, the Officers of his Court, and to abide by the Prince's Laws as set forth by his hand?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

​"Well that's a relief." Cynthia added as she reclined back in her chair. She was not sure if she had some secret bloodline lurking within her veins. It was a mystery she was in no rush to uncover anytime soon. "Can't wait to meet the rest of the family."

There was more jingling from the nosferatu's direction. "Nothing I can think of at the moment." After that she was silent as Alice continued. "For as long as I occupy his domain, I do." Cynthia replied. It had been a long time since she had said those words.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread