Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Eyes) Midnight Diner

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Another night.

This time its West Sacramento.

Theres a diner nestled amid the the industrial lots and markets. Nothing flash, downright drab if you ask me. Its cheap but the management prefer decor that durable and does its job: its an eatery for the working folk. During the day, at least. At night its practically empty and run by a skeleton crew.

Why management would let the place run practically 24/7 has never been explained. Yet here it is.

Burnt coffee mingles with the smell of cleaning agents (at least one of the staff is working, cleaning tables at the other end of the establishment). Darkness presses against the window, a hungry presence; even the street lights seem cowed.

Psychangel deltadream Twist

To move things along I'm going to assume that Mable has let Twist know of the events in the alley way outside of the Nox. We take up the story from when they meet to discuss things what to do next...

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist pushed open the door to the dinner and stepped inside. With few patrons and fewer staff, she was able to determine quickly that she had arrived first. Moving in deeper, letting the door swing shut behind her she made her way toward a booth that was as secluded as you could get in a place like this. Mostly that meant away not at the bar and then equidistant from the entry door and the kitchen opening.

Her attire was simple and appropriate for such outings. Jeans, black tank top, adventure style vest and combat boots. Her dark hair knotted back and out of her face.

Asking for a coffee when the waitress eventually meandered her way, she curled her hands around it and waited for Mable. She had gotten the brief run down earlier- suspicious character outside the Nox, high tech camera set up to watch, a brief altercation resulting in the confiscation of both equipment and memory cards. Now they had to figure out where to go from here.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Mable checked on the sidewalk trees as she walked up to the diner. She examined to leaves and checked the soil. She noted that these trees needed some attention from the Urban Forest Project. This slowed her down a little and made her later than she wanted to be.

She sighed and breezed through the door. A quick look around and she found Twist was already there. She smiled as she walked up to the table. "Hi, sorry I'm a few minutes late." Her voice was light and bubbly like she was meeting an old friend. Then she looked at the waitress, "A coffee and apple pie please." The pie was more so she could give the waitress a bigger tip without looking like she weird or something. "Thank you for meeting with me."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile of greeting and a wave of the hand to brush away the apology, polite silence as Mable ordered.

"Of course. I appreciate you calling me. I don't take kindly to the idea of us being spied upon," Twist replied once the waitress had left.

"Do you have the equipment with you? And has anything else arisen- knowledge of who is responsible or why?"

5. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The skeleton staff of the diner are roused sluggishly but with considerable excitement.

Customers! Something to do!

Mable gets her order amazingly quick.

Please continue

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable add a sweetener to her coffee and stirs to look busy. "Yes, I have the equipment in my bag." She paused and smiled like they were two old friends having a coffee meeting.

"The guy was stuck on a fence and his bag was on the ground. One of our guys spotted the camera in the wall. It was set to spy on our alley. The guy's name is Jeff Maverick and he says he is a PI. We got the camera, the bag with the equipment and this." Mable holds up a memory chip. "I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, The guys who helped me in the alley just dropped the stuff off to me this evening."

Mable pulled out the rest of the stuff and laid it on the table. "I tried to get him to call an ambulance or the police and he didn't want to do that. He had a pretty good gash on his leg. If he doesn't get it looked at it will get infected for sure. I did try to help him get it cleaned up. He probably thinks I am a nut and super clumsy." Mable chuckled a little.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist reached across the table to poke and prod at the camera and equipment as Mable spoke, occasionally nodding to show that she is following along.

Sliding the camera closer to Mable she nods toward the memory chip in Mable's hand, "Well... what do you say to seeing what he recorded?" In the meantime..." Pulling out her phone, Twist quickly brought up the internet and began typing.

"I don't know that it will be so easy to find him, but let's see what the internet has to say about a PI named Jeff Maverick who works in Sacramento."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist reached across the table to poke and prod at the camera and equipment as Mable spoke, occasionally nodding to show that she is following along.

Sliding the camera closer to Mable she nods toward the memory chip in Mable's hand, "Well... what do you say to seeing what he recorded?" In the meantime..." Pulling out her phone, Twist quickly brought up the internet and began typing.

"I don't know that it will be so easy to find him, but let's see what the internet has to say about a PI named Jeff Maverick who works in Sacramento."

11. Bump West "Bump" this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable popped the memory chip into the camera. She then looked over to see if twist was finding anything on the internet. "If he gave me a fake name then we could check for PI's in the area. I suppose he could have lied about that too." Mable nibbled her lower lip while she thought. "Maybe we should set up our own cameras."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Twist can tell the camera equipment is durable and of good quality, if not top of the line. All of it. This was quite an investment for somebody.

Mable plays the memory chip. Most of the footage is dull: the record of the goings on in the back alley behind the Nox; in a word, not much at all. Some shipments arrive early in the morning and at around mid-day - the usual consumables of a high end club.

A portion of the footage is taken from inside Jeff Maverick's hotel room. Its only a few minutes worth, as he tests the equipment before putting it to use. Its a cheap room, all creams and orange and brown. There is a window with a view of a parking lot outside. With a bit of manipulation they could surely discern the name of the motel.

@Deltadream if Twist wishes to do an online search for Jeff Maverick, she will need to make an Intelligence + Computer check.
    Psychangel if Mable wants to work on the footage she will need a Personal Computer or Laptop with a photography suite and an Intelligence + Computer check.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread