Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Eyes) Midnight Diner

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable pulled out her little 9" laptop and plugged the memory chip. "Let me try to enhance the picture. I think I can try to see the motel name." She pushes a few buttons on her laptop. "Fuck. My software sucks. I can't get it to clean up." She downloads the footage for later and removes the memory chip. "Do you know anyone who could look at this and clean it up a bit?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-22 10:11:20 Mable Wood rolls 2 to Computer Investigation (10 Again) 7, 7 failure

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist is quiet for a moment as she scrolls through the various pages that her search inquiry brought up. Finally letting out a soft breath, she hits the home button and returns her phone to where it belongs.

"The name he gave you is either fake or not well known on this internet. I was unable to find any information myself."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-23 07:51:26 Twist rolls 1 to Int + Comp (10 Again, Chance) 5 failure

Reaching over to turn the laptop around and peer at the picture on the screen she gives a small shrug. "No one intimately. But I imagine that between the two of us and a trip to a computer or printing store, we will find someone." Returning the laptop to the original orientation, she reaches for her wallet to leave cash for the waitress. "Shall we see if we can find one still open?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable sighs and throws some money on the table also. "Sounds like a plan. I feel like I need to take classes to use this thing." She laughs as she bundles everything up again and slides the memory card into her pocket.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods in understanding. A few years ago she was still able to keep up with the tech side of her theater, but with the recent advancements coming so rapidly she was starting to rely more and more on Kalos. Perhaps classes were indeed what she needed herself.

Standing and waiting as Mable packed up, she then lead the way out of the dinner. It was time to find the professionals.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Two vampires stalk the night time city. But their prey tonight isn't blood.

Its knowledge. Skill.

Information.

And they find what they seek...

Lucius Oaks was podgy and balding, living almost unnoticed in his little corner of a strip mall. His little store offered an eclectic mix of computer gear, software, and printing facilities; for a fee he could make letterhead, business cards, resumes or other little things in bulk. Whatever he needed to survive. Whatever he needed to keep a roof over his head and his computer equipment safe.

He never expected anyone to be seeking his services this late. But then, it was his own fault not to actually close up his shop. As usual, he'd been busy with his online friends. His real friends.

Nor did he expect the type of customers he received! Intimidated by the two striking women (one wholesome and round, the other small and delicate) he made little fuss, let alone any eye contact. But he did the work well...

In no time at all they had several good quality print outs from the footage: The Ridge Motel's sign relatively clear in the blown up images.

"Thats Jeff Maverick. Looks like he's really let himself go, too. He's a private investigator now. Not a good one, from what I hear... Ah... He used to be a journalist. Celebrity journalist but he could never quite make it. Had a habit of annoying the wrong crowd, if you know what I mean. A... A... And then he went of the deep end when he tried to do a reality TV show about monster hunters - you know, cryptozoologists and big foot theorists. There is a rumour he got too close to the truth... When he tried to make money of it, he ended up burning all his contacts. And his mainstream... associates... didn't want to touch him after that."

"Its all rumour though. He hangs out in the Bay and moonlights as a cheap P.I. This I know. Um. He must think he has a scoop or a shot at real cash if he's out here."

Thought I'd move this forward, give you a chance to post.

6. Likes deltadream liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable took out some money and placed it on the counter. "Thank you so much. You have been very helpful." She gave him a friendly smile. She then looked at Twist to see if she had anything to add. Once they left here she would make plans. Most likely to the hotel next.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was relieved to find Lucius' shop. And more relieved that he was willing to work with them so easily. She wasn't against pushing a bit to get her way, but it was messy or sloppy or just unpleasant. So much nicer when they understood with just a look what was best for them. Not that Lucius had even required that much. As he worked, Twist wandered the shop and did her best not to distract him... too much.

Leaning over the counter to peer at the enhanced images she listened to his much needed intel. As Lucius rounded about to Jeff's failed supernatural stint she arched a dubious eyebrow and snorted. "Sounds like a rumor he probably started himself to cover up his own failures." Reaching out with a single finger, she traces the Ridge Motel Sign as Mable pays the man. Pairing her own smile with Mable's, a bit more than just friendly because she couldn't help it, she followed after Mable.

"We can try the hotel to see if we can find him but I do not have high hopes. So unless we get something immediately, we should then move on to the Bay where he is apparently at more often. I want to find out who is spying on the Nox. And why."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable pulled her hair back as they walked. "If he isn't at the hotel maybe we could get into his room and check for more memory cards or other stuff he may have on the nox area." She thought a moment silently, "I don't mean necessarily breaking in if we don't have to but maybe getting a key from the manager? Do you think that is doable?" She looked over at Twist. She could seduce just about anyone- male or female.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a single one shouldered shrug. "It is worth trying. We have his name and know what he looks like, so I am sure that we can convince the front desk that we know him well enough."

It wasn't like it would be the first time Twist had met up with a 'friend' at a hotel room.

Besides. If simple words didn't work, there was always a the ability to nudge.

And past that... well, past that, she would want to move on. Hotels were temporary, hangouts were more reliable.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable suddenly looked worried. "Oh!" She stopped walking. "What if we go to the front desk, get into the room and not find anything. Then we try the Bay and he isn't there. The desk clerk would probably tell him about us. And he knows me."

A brief look of horror past over her face before she relaxed a little. "Maybe we should try the Bay first. I don't know. What do you think? I'm sorry, this is all new to me. All I know about investigating is what I have learned from TV shows and movies."

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread