Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner Bell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She gets more rice as she listens to the talk of Tuesdays music.

“Speaking of your music, we still need to get together and put your music to my routine. Cause that is just going to be amazing.” True story.

There was a thoughtful look, “Huh, I would have thought that unmentionables would tell a story. But I can see what you’re saying about trinkets.” She just figured that if someone had cheap underwear or ones with holes in them that it spoke about them. Like they were cheap or didn’t care about such things.

Chuckling, “Good to know, but I wasn’t really worried.” There was a grin as she took a fork full of rice.

“Oh, truth or dare? I haven’t played that in ages!” it was always a popular game up in Montreal at school. “Well, I personally am all for us doing things together, silly and not silly.” She says with Tuesday with a nod, “It’ll help bring us together as a Cabal, make us stronger.” It felt good to be part of something like this.

There was a smirk, “Oh yeah, I remember. And don’t worry about me touching it, I can’t play music and I respect boundaries.” Though she had to admit, to would be funny and amusing to watch and listen to Tuesday got off on someone.

“I could never learn to play music, just always sucked at it. But personally, I’ve always been driven by music. And I think we should have, like, an evening on the roof with comfy chairs and Tuesday playing some music for us.”

O
    Oculus

"Seems like you had it figured out pretty well. I can only be glad I ran into you when I did. And I second the motion to keep up with tradition and do things together... as a pack of foxes should. Or is it a skulk? I never know for sure." There is a frustrated tone so pronounced that it immediately comes off as intentionally overdrawn.

"Noted." The Hearthmaster sounds pretty serious about that guitar thing. He can only relate. Like a magpie he, too, guards his "treasures" jealously. "I'm no guitarist myself. The closest I ever came to performing anything was when I did street stand-up comedy in high school, and that was only once."

As he goes deep and spiritual about the resonance of things, Tuesday's grimace gets thoughtful, maybe a little disapproving. Does she think he's bragging? She wouldn't be far from the truth, although perhaps for a reason different than she expects.

"I'm talking both. Or neither, depending how you look at it. There are detectives that solve cases like they're filling out spreadsheets, relying on emotionless logic. There are also Spirit Masters who can't be bothered to look at items or their ephemeral side, because they're too busy communing with spirits of animals or concepts. I'm talking about deep social reverse engineering, beyond magic or reason." Now that just sounded weird as hell. He is unable to explain it any better, and so drops the subject unless it's continued by someone else.

The brief comment of Thrope targeted at Oculus is met with a nod of thanks and a weak smile of the "I'm trying" variety. However, he is not going to discuss underwear with Faye, simply because he chose to raise his glass instead and seal what the Councillor said about a roof recital with a "Hear, hear!"

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Hazels look about the room, everyone seems to understand about No Touchy Baby. So Tuesday nods.

"Cool. Yeah. Music. You'll hear me play...eventually. Maybe we could do that roof top whatever. Get some pineapple and grill it or whatever. So kebabs or something." shrug. "You'll prolly hear me sing first. I do that. Lots. Like a lot" fair warning given. "And yep. Music. You and me. Need to do that. I still need to see you're routine so I can figure something out. Cause yeah. I could make something up....but it might be the opposite to what you wanna have playing when you're doin' your thang."

"A group of foxes are a skulk or a leash." Tuesday helpfully rasps.

"Ahh-kay..." once Oculus explains. "I was asking about detective instinct, that gut feeling. Hunches. That stuff. Not logic. And about Spirits of the objects you're pawing at. Asking them to help in an investigation. Get some info. Or even impressions if you can't get the whatever Spirit to understand what you're after." Since yeah. Spirit's. Kinda weird. "But whatever." moving on.

Literally.

Moving over to spear some broccoli to munch on, she waves her fork and the broccoli on it at Faye. "Well, then. Let's do that then! Right now. I'm serious!" You could sit around talking about something, or you could just do it. "Faye! Truth or Dare?"

Also we only have 5 days left! We might get vary far with Truth or Dare, we could always open a new scene to just do some truth or dare
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

A large bite of chinese food gives Thrope enough time to think about hiding in his room for the night and discarding the idea. There's no way it'd work, because Tuesday definitely smells blood in the water after that choke.

"I'll find a grill and some... tiki? torches. With some bug repelling fuel." There's bugs here right? "I think it'd be relaxing, especially with the font up there." Thrope's jaw hangs for a moment as Oculus's concepts almost form into coherent ideas in his own mind.

"Actually if you could explain that to me sometime that'd be great? Sorry, that was rough. Spirit is a bit freaky but being able to do something like that would be great." With that the Arrow shifts his attention to Faye, time to see which poison she picks.

Either works for me! We don't have to let the Truth or Dare die after one thread either

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had always been a little jealous of those who got to go to high school and have a normal childhood. “We’re you any good?” was a legit question. “Personally, I live for the stage. Nothing like the high you get from a crowd.” Performing was in her blood, and yet she grew tired of it. Made for some interesting feelings.

Shrugging, “I haven’t played around with Spirit too much. But I probably should, cause it’s a thing and something I can do.” But Life was just so much more fun for her. Plus Matter was turning out to be pretty awesome too.

“Oh! Kebabs! This is going to be great!” the last time she had kebabs was with TdS when they had everyone over. “Hey Tuesday, do you remember where Star got that amazing meat that one time TdS had the barbeque? Cause it was delicious!” why couldn’t she remember what he had said? Damn.

“Sweet. I have a friend that lets me use his warehouse space to practice my routine, well, mainly the fire portion. So I’ll let you know when I plan to head over and I’ll just do the whole routine then. Cause I think live music would be spectacular with my fire routine.” Having music played specifically for your routine would just kick ass.

An eyebrow was raised, “A leash? Like the thing you put dogs on? Think I’d rather stick with the skulk thing.” The whole leash thing sounded weird and perverted in some way. Not that she was opposed to it, but just felt weird with the Cabal.

Taking a swig of her beer, she almost choked on it when Tuesday decided the game was starting now. Coughing and looking at Tuesday, a grin appeared, “Caught me off guard there.” She totally did. “Well…I know myself and what I’m willing to do…so truth.” She says with a sly grin and a chuckle. She wasn’t very bashful or shy, and she had a hard time imagining a dare she wouldn’t do. But being open and honest about something? That was harder.

Looking to Thrope, “Tiki torches, great idea!” cause bugs were annoying. Though she could kinda play with them now, which might be fun.

I'm good with a new thread or whatever

O
    Oculus

There are two things that happened in the last two minutes or so that surprised him to the point or having eyes widen, boiled rice stop in his throat for a moment and words tying themselves in a knot. First, it was that anyone expressed any interest in his Spirit-related babbling. Granted, Trope was a Thyrsus like him, so it was likely just proffesional curiosity. On the bright side, he definitely didn't look like he wants to be nice just to be nice.

"Sure, we can talk about it, would be good to hear someone more experienced with our dear friends from the other side. Like I said though, I'm no scholar, so make sure your gibberish detector has lots of coolant inside" A smile. If he's going to fail miserably, some pillows set beforehand couldn't hurt.

Second, it was that Tuesday decided to go all-in with the game and start it right this second. Which perhaps wasn't surprising at all for those that knew her longer. Not being addressed (yet) he keeps silent about it, curious what question the Hearthmaster will ask. Instead, he picks up the performance thread.

"I received mixed reviews. On one hand the take was pretty good, on the other I made the stupid mistake of pissing a local Hell's Angel with some mishandled joke. When he was done they had to scrape me off the wall. That day I learned the hard way it's good to have a measure of self-defence on your side."

I'm in favor of making a separate Truth of Dare thread, to keep things organized neatly.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

To Faye, in a deadpan. "I do not know. I was not a member of Vee Tee when y'all got together for that rooftop barbecue." Which was a lie. But a little one. She and Star ditched Wayland, and Star brought her to the Theater for an irrigation interview jam session and he was all Vee Tee yay and she was like it's a fucking Theater and also Vee Tee yay. She was technicly a member of Vee Tee before that party. But shhhhh.

"Truth huh? How about -" the unicorn's phone chimes. Passing her place to her other hand she grabbed her phone and looked at the caller ID. "Shit. Rain check? I should take this." Setting her plate down, "Sorry...uh I'll be back in a sec."

The phone still chiming at her, Tuesday made her way out of the kitchen and to her blanket fort someplace private.

Cool, since there's only 3 days left I'll end this scene and open a new one for Truth or Dare!
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread