Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner Bell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

You know what's just awesome?

Happening to find a few fifties on a walk to forage for enough sustenance for a Theater full of people.

Yes. Just happening. There was totally not any magic involved.

snort

Tuesday would have to little lie and big lie a lot now, best not do it with herself. So yes, she's not stupidly rich. She dose just fine for herself, but she doesn't really want to use her money gained from stealing all the things to feed her new cabal, even if Faye and Thrope would probably be okay with it. So instead of that, she Lucked herself into some cash.

Which was great since. Yeah. A Hearthmaster who couldn't cook. Not super great. She should probably take some classes. So moneys. For take out. And since this was the First Dinner, Tuesday didn't want to just do pizza, but she didn't know what anyone else liked, sooooo Chinese it was. The king of take out!

First Dinner. Important. No take out boxes, even if that meant more dishes. But whatever. They were adults and they'd have an adult-y dinner on actual plates gosh darn it!

Surveying the array of actual bowls full of noodles and rise, and chicken and beef and egg rolls and all the other stuff she was able to carry home, she nodded. Little pea proud of her self and her work.

Shucking in a breath, she belts out, "Lady Fox and Gentle Foxes dinner time~!"

She had a pair of wicked ass pipes, but golly that sorta hurt. Reminder; don't belt out without a warm up first....or she could totally get one of those triangle dinner bell thingies.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was kinda hard to miss the distinct smell of Chinese. And so Faye had begun untangling herself before she heard Tuesday shout. It wasn’t an easy position to get out of, one that would take more practice to hone. After a few minutes, she was off the chair and stretching.

A loose black t-shirt was grabbed and thrown over her sports bra and flip flops were stepped into.

Walking into the dining area in shorts, a messy bun and huge smile on her face, “Is that Chinese I see and smell?!” excited blue eyes survey the spread on the table. “Did you need some money for this? I don’t mind pitching in.” cause buying this much food couldn’t have been cheap.

“Oh, and you should totally put that on the bathrooms! Lady Foxes and Gentle Foxes, be kinda cool.” She says leaning against a counter.

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope had been looking for a reason to get out of his room. After a quick wandering through the Sanctum he had returned to his room to assemble a small bed. Near the door stands a second hand bookcase, easily large enough to hold far more books than Thrope could reasonably read. Except for Time. Hearing Tuesday the Thyrsus puts down the first of many books to come and heads out into the Sanctum.

These colors...

"I'll pitch in also." No freeloading even with a Hearthmaster. "Gentle Foxes would be a good inside joke too." The only Arrows, Gentle Foxes, heh. "Looks like I'm doing clean up."

6. Likes West, liked this post
    O
    Oculus

In the very short time he'd spent in the Theatre, Oculus was able to discern that Tuesday wasn't telling him the whole truth. The place wasn't as cool as she was picturing it.

Because, in fact, it was way cooler. The potential is unbelievable.

His room is not much to look at just yet, just a simple bed and IKEA furniture of the cheapest sort. They were kind of hard to notice under the heap of city maps detailing most major sprawls between the two Coasts and an impressive collection of city "souvenirs" from snowglobes to broken plastic toys to photos of gang tags and landscapes. As if that wasn't enough, a dreamcatcher was dangling from the ceiling.

As he follows the smell of Chinese food, Tuesday, Faye and Thrope appear in his sight.

"I'll cover my part, too. Gentle Foxes, huh? Does that mean we'd have to wear top hats while in public?"

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"Oculus!" Chariot comes sliding into the dining area from down the hall, shouting a warning to the man as he catches himself on the corner of his room. "Oculus be careful! There's knives in there." He claps Oculus on the shoulder, a friendly gesture to help ease the joke a little bit. "Now what's this about top hats?"

For his part, Chariot was still mostly living out of the boxes that he brought with him. Eventually he'll put his bed-frame together and get some actual furniture in there to decorate it to his taste, but most of his time has been spent going over the plumbing and the heating and the ductwork and the flooring and all the pieces and parts that make up the building to make sure there weren't any leaks or mice or bugs or hazards lurking out of sight. "Do we need drinks?" Chariot hitches a thumb back over his shoulder towards his room as he looks over the spread. "I think an alcoholic lived in there once and I'd hate to just throw it all away."
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

9. Likes , Kelreth, West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope can't help but chuckle at the idea of wearing a tophat. "I'm in for the top hat if only once at Consilium. Maybe find some cheap suits. And a monocle." Going for it got left behind a while in that thought process which is rapidly approaching "how deep into a hole am i now?"

The chuckle continues as Chariot rolls into Oculus. Time will tell how long it takes for that to go away, if ever. "I'm up for a drink." Hopefully the guy hadn't drunk himself to death.

11. Likes liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"It is Chinese you're smelling." Tuesday smirks, "Faye you're not so far removed from your Thistle Path days, that you've forgotten all our tricks." The Now-Shaman might not remember how to tease and twist the threads of Fate, but the memory of doing so was still there. "Not a trick I should do a lot. So. Not not accepting monetary aid to keep you lot fed." Some of that moneys will be used to get her a cooking class or two. Since. Take out. Expensive.

Tuesday wonders over to one of the cupboards and pulls out a juice container thingy, pops the lid off, puts that back in the cupboard, then stats rummages around for some tape and a marker.

Humming she jots out a quick message, To keep us fed and watered and tapes it to the glass. The unicorn nods, and sets the thingy next to the fridge. "There, tips can go there. And I'll get the cooking stuff, or the take out done, and maybe even the groceries done. But I don't think I will. Since. Yeah. But whatever. Chinese!"

The unicorn giggles, and nods at Faye suggestions. "Yep. Happening. Lady Faeseeker I task you with finding Lady Fox and Gentle Fox pics we can use for the bathroom door." then to top hats and monocles, she was about to nod oh so seriously, and chirp out a 'yep. indirect.' When Thrope mentions dressing up for Consilium. Hazels light up with memories, and she nods. It's softer then what she'd offered before, and matches the smile twisting her lips, "Happening. Next Consilium. Put it in the books. Might need to head to some thrift stores, or hit up amazon or something. But It's totally happening!"

A Cabal that costumes together stays together.

(even if it kinda sorta didn't. but that wasn't about cabal stuff. that was about Stuff-Stuff)

"Drinks? Yeah sure." as long as it wasn't beer. The unicorn grabs a plate and starts spooning a verity onto to it, since it didn't look like the others were itching for any of the near buffet she carried all the way here, but maybe she was the only one actually hungry and everyone else was just thirsty.

Whatever. More or her~
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

13. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Hey Thrope!” she greets, “I can clean up if you want, or help, I don’t mind. I actually fins doing dishes relaxing, how else am I gonna keep my hands soft?” she asks with a chuckle.

Grinning, “Well, the top hats would set us apart and be fun.” She’d do it cause what others thought wasn’t important.

There was a laugh at the comment about knives from Chariot. Poor Oculus was never gonna live it down.

When drinks were mentioned, a hand was raised, “I also have beer, that I brewed, it’s a thing I do.” She couldn’t drink it all on her own, five gallons at a time was a lot of beer.

And then Thrope ups the ante, “Oh! If we’re doing this for Consilium, I can make it even better! Ren Faires sell these clip on tails! Some look like wolves and other animals, but they have fox ones! They are fluffy and loo really cool with the right costume or outfit! I can get us some, I still know a few people.” Oh this was getting better and better!

Chuckling, “Of course I haven’t. But I also remember how using those tricks can come back to bite you in the ass if you’re not careful.” Karma was a thing with Fate, and too many twists of it for money would be bad.

Blue eyes watch as Tuesday gets some kind of container.

“Ah, that works. If you don’t like grocery shopping, I can totally do it. Maybe we can have a list on the fridge or somewhere and people can add things to it. I set my own schedule, so my days are mostly open and it’d be good to get out and all that.” She couldn’t cook, so she could at least do the shopping.

She then salutes Tuesday, “Consider it done.” Yup, they were going to have the best Sanctum in town.

With everyone there, Faye follows suit and fixes herself a plate. “Chinese, best takeout ever.” That’s the truth. She then grabs a Monster and an unmarked beer bottle.

15. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Their previous discussion about knives and other sharp objects follows him into the Sanctum, because of course it does, so instead of pointlessly defending or deflecting (which made the situation worse the last time he tried it) he decided to brush it off and jump on the bandwagon.

He laughed. Heartily.

"My God, the Chariots of Fire burn! Do you have a Sharp Jokes Division in the Arrow Academy?"

There is a brief talk about them dressing up for the next Consilum. When he first mentioned top hats, he didn't think it'd go quite this far, but with every passing second the idea appealed to him more. He also nods when Tuesday pulls out the glass container for pooling dollars.

"Faye, you're a brewer? What kind of beer do you make?"

He waits for and listens to the response. As the Councilor finishes, he gets some of the good stuff for himself and completes it with a beer bottle, of the same kind that the Thyrsus woman'd taken.

"In any case, I'd like to commend the choice of food as highly practical. signifying Hearth mastery." What he just said wasn't brown-nosing, no sir, just a genuine expression of approval and recognition of effort.

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Chariot ducks into his room and comes back with a bottle of wine and a small stack of SOLO cups. For himself, he gets some ice and some water before he puts a plate together. He wasn't really a drinker and he felt that drinking beer was something people did to punish themselves for something, but he wasn't going to tell that to Faye. The fact that she brewed her own was interesting, he listened attentively to her response to Oculus' question.

"Yeaaaaaah," he drawls as he separates his chopsticks and rubs them together to smooth them out. "Y'all do you, but I'm not going to wear a clip on tail." He shakes his head. "I just ain't."

"Something I got to ask though," He starts after popping a fried shrimp into his mouth and swallowing, gesturing to Faye, Oculus and Thrope with his chopsticks, "is why don't you have any rituals up? You're all Thyrsus, I'd bet money that you could get some damn nice results if you all sat down a couple of times a month and worked together to put some Sights and Armors together." Talon Thrope gets a poke in the arm with the chopsticks for emphasis.

He flicks a glyph at his water, with the intent to transform it into a vanilla coke. To his surprise, it flickers and sputters out against the water. "Uh, Rude," is his response, but he takes a sip of his water anyway.

Fuck the Exarchs, messing with his pop.

Transmute Water to Pop failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-13 13:44:11 Chariot rolls 6 to Transmute Liquid (Gnosis 3 + Matter 3) (10 Again) 6, 6, 2, 6, 7, 2 failure
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread