Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hoping for more from Alex, Quick is left with a vague response to his explanation on 'why Sacramento'. Before taking much time to think over what that might mean, Sasha chimes in on the subject. And though Circe lends sheds some light on his curiosity, even she seems skeptical. Out of habit, he feels the need to give them an explanation. All this questioning makes him uncomfortable.

"Would you believe I fell asleep on a bus and missed my stop? Why does anyone with nowhere to go end up anywhere?" He attempts to add a smile to the statement, though it doesn't reach his eyes. These people are new to him. How much else can he trust them with?

After a moment, he notices Plum's eyes lingering. Flattering. He conjures up the best answer he can offer with a shrug. "I hear the riverfront is beautiful. And it's been a while since I've held down a job. I'd like to see what there is to see and make friends." Or whatever.

He isn't a bit surprised to learn that the mole-man's interests are almost as uninteresting as he is. No, that isn't fair. The man probably has his uses. Bookish types can surprise you, after all.

The Autumn Queen answers what bleachy - Brigid - leaves unsaid, and Quick nods. Spring. All these seasonal Mantles must add something other than an outward 'flavor'. Must have some other uses. Looking between Mhairi and Circe, he adds "If I ever pick up on what you guys have, I guess I'll have to plan my wardrobe around it." He laughs a little to himself.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

2. Likes unlimited sink, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was a little dissapointed that Thomas wasn't appreciative of her praise for his appearance, "Aww, I guess I went too much?" She guessed he was just shy. He certainly looked flustered enough for it, maybe it was a non-predator Beast thing? She shrugged but the smile didn't fade, "Books. I'm more brawn then brain I'll admit that right now." She nodded as she spook. Then Ingrid crooned in. That got a laugh from Circe, "Indeed Ingrid! I may be brawn by preference but its good to know others aren't. I'll bet he'll," she nods at Thomas, "be great at helping you with research Ingrid. I mean, he's a real librarian."

She turned to Quick, "Good idea Quick. Would be bad if you clothes clashed with whatever smell you get," the tone was anything but serious as she laughed along with him.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes unlimited sink, Travisc06489 liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

Thomas' appearance is more than a little unsettling, and up to this moment Alexander'd believed it was an opinion of all of those present, the mole-man included. No, not an opinion: a statement of fact. And so, the surprising reaction of Circe hit him with such force that he wasn't even able to muster a puzzled look or a raised eyebrow. This is certainly not how he imagined a gun-smuggling criminal would behave. Still, it was probably better they didn't have a Scarface-in-a-skirt here.

Good thing, then, that the world returned to normalcy with how the Autumn librarian responded. Or didn't, and chose to address his own question, instead.

"A librarian? Now that requires a particular set of skills that are always in demand. I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely, even if you don't much care for the spotlight or the more...entrepreneurial side of running the park. Besides, as Ingrid and Director Mhairi already pointed out, they are more than interested in your field of research. I'd also be delighted if you could familiarize a layman such as myself with your findings someday. Like I said earlier this evening, these topics are as obscure as they are fascinating to me."

Finished, after hearing the mole-man's response (if he actually gives one), he turns to the young Elemental. He was a mystery to him, and only time will tell if his particular manner of speaking and behaviour are due to personality traits alone, or is there something more, hidden like a pearl in a shell... or poison in a flower.

"I certainly cannot speak for Notary Sasha, but I, for one, would have trouble believing that. If one has nowhere to go, he rarely just chooses a direction at random, instead trying to discern what's the best path to take. At least in my experience." The tone is neutral, explanatory and no smile is offered. There's something off about this guy, and in the coming weeks, he intended to find out what it is.

Then, an idea pops into his mind. He turns to all of the new arrivals.

"Do you have a safe place to stay?"*

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smirking, “Now we, and this park have to be way more interesting and entertaining than Mexico! And if you don’t think so, then you obviously haven’t tried the nightlife around here.” She wasn’t being completely serious, her tone more playful than anything else. Mexico was fun, but it was only fun for one or two nights and then got old.

It did feel weird not to have an Oath to swear, but then again, this wasn’t a typical Freehold. She was curious to see how it would play out overtime.

Whoa, did Circe just tell the mole looking guy that he was cute?! Chalk that up to something she thought the guy wasn’t used to hearing! And the momentary gape seals that for her. Poor guy.

A librarian? Not necessarily her cup of tea, but hey, whatever made the guy happy. But his mention if enjoying researching their ‘condition’ was interesting. And from the pride in his voice, he must be good at it, or have some worthwhile stuff gathered.

“Sounds like you’ve found something you enjoy doing.” She wasn’t sure what else she could say. But having a job or hobby that brought you joy was extremely important to her.

Looking back to Quick, “Lots of fun and interesting things to do and see on the waterfront, you should defiantly check it out. Especially with the weather warming up, there always seems to be something going on.” And she was sure with his boyish charm he didn’t have problems making friends.

Alex’s statement on the whole travel thing was curious. She understood everyones need to be cautious, so she wondered what Quick would have to say. If he chose to even say anything. Was he vague because he had something to hide or be ashamed about?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes unlimited sink, Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Maybe he was just quirky, his name was Quick, it could certainly be so. Yet, the Dancer understood what Alexander meant. "Dangerous to fall asleep on a bus, but I guess I can see how that could happen." Her tone too, was neutral, it could happen but when it was prefixed by 'would you believe' it was actually harder to believe. The Onyx didn't want to dwell on it further, it would come to fruition in it's own time.

So many were trying to figure out what to do and where they would fit, it reminded the Winter of a time where she couldn't find her path. "Everyone is useful, in their own way. For a while, I thought I was useless. It took time to realize I was wrong." And many people reassuring her that she would find her own niche within the Freehold.

B
    Brigid McCarthy

The conversation spiralled on around her, and the Wizened listened. She added nothing other than to nod at the correct moment and with a glance towards the sky and then a brief look at her watch reminded Brigid that she was still requiring to find a hotel to stay at for the next few nights until she could locate something more suitable.

"Excuse me, but I must be going," Brigid said to the gathered Lost, offering a bow from years of servitude and politeness. "The evening seems to be drawing late and I still need to find a place to settle. May I thank you for your help, and pray I'll see you again in fine health once more."

Unless another had a significant question for the Wizened, Brigid begins to make her way from the freehold to find a place to stay. She had made some valuable connections, which may help her in the months to come.

Brigid exits scene

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Yes--of course. Certainly," Thomas's reply comes quickly, almost too quickly, in response to Mhairi's expression of interest in his collection. "Very good. Very good--just say the word." He offers her a bashful smile, which melts away into apprehension when he spies the hungry look in Ingrid's eyes. It's one thing to offer assistance and access to the Autumn Queen. It's another to welcome an unknown actor belonging to another court into his confidence. "Well, yes, certainly. We can work something out, I'm sure..." he echoes Ingrid. Though the words sound much more uncertain, vague, coming out of his beastly mouth...

Circe's comments only compound the Mole-Man's very apparent nervousness. The glasses come off again, and the handkerchief reappears. Fiercely, he polishes the lenses before replacing his spectacles on that distended nose. "Oh, I'm--yes--I'm sorry. It's just, well, the attention...I don't get much," he bumbles through the explanation with a sort of social ineptitude that proves his point. The whole time thinking: And perhaps you shouldn't address a peer like he's a shiny new toy? There's a bitterness to the thought that, thankfully, is masked by his crippling shyness.

Looking from Circe to Alexander, he continues: "But, of course, I would be happy--yes, that's right--happy to share what knowledge I can. It's not much, I'm afraid. But, at least, it's more than nothing." Maybe he's got more than he's letting on, but Thomas is careful not to make any promises, or to reveal just how much of value he currently possesses. "There's always more--so much more--to learn. And it does keep me--happily--busy," he replies to Sera. Perhaps it's telling that his response doesn't include a mention of 'enjoyment.'

"And yes," he says finally to Alex, "yes--thank you--I'm quite squared away with accommodations." With that, he falls silent, beady eyes focusing on Sasha as she pronounces her encouraging words, before looking after Brigid's departing form. "Oh yes, well, good evening," he calls weakly after the Wizened.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"See, Ingrid gets it." Mhairi says with a smile. Though Mhairi, Elemental that she was, failed to notice how Ingrid's crooning could be interpreted, and that normally, one didn't make that sort of noise when speaking about a library or to a man that looks like Thomas.

Her attention is taken by Quick. Fell-flames narrow. No. She really can't believe any Lost would fall asleep on a bus, no matter how tiered or bored. Plainly she looks at Sasha, and Alexander after that admission, the both of them because one was a Winter and the other their Groundskeeper.

Mhairi tries not to frown, but it might have showed up anyway. Circe was clearly unstable, and not in the same ways some of the Lost were. Maybe the Fairest was trying to be all things to all people. Trying to make everyone like her, but her act just...fumbled and made her seem...off. Contradicting her character. Or maybe the crazy gun toting crime princesses thing was the act and she really was this googly eyed girl who cooed over Beasts like they were pets.

It certainly didn't endear the Fairest to Mhairi.

Frowning a little deeper, and towards herself. Maybe she was overthinking this. Maybe the lack of an Oath was making her paranoid.

"Bye." Mhairi offers Brigid as the Wizened walks away. It was getting late.

Thomas seemed as nervous as she used to be, though the mole-man didn't stutter. Mhairi understood that sort of Fear. Maybe she could help the Beast like others had helped her. "At least you like what you do. To many of us haven't found something we like doing after doing something we...didn't like for so long." though Mhairi refrain from commenting on the few Lost who enjoyed their time over There, and it wasn't their choice to leave but Their choice to throw away their pet.

Today's the last day to post folks! Tomorrow the scene'll close and others can open!
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

13. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's light mood isn't enough to keep the Elemental from feeling uncomfortable. What Alex was saying made sense, but it just sort of agitates Quick. What does this guy know, anyway? Then the Winter chimes in on the bus thing. Which, again, is pretty sound... but why does it feel like prying? Stay cool. Quick's brow furrows a bit, feeling a headache coming on. Why doesn't someone just go places when they want to go?

Alex's next question pulls him out of the thought loop he was forming. "I'll be fine. Look for a hotel or something. Thanks." He practically blurts it out, but covers with a polite smile. Even if Alex hadn't been offering shelter, Quick squashes the idea. He'd had about enough of these weirdos for tonight. He needs to clear his head.

To Sera, "I'm sure I'll check it out sooner than later. Keeps me grounded." Without thinking about it, the statement probably had a double meaning. "Hit me up some time about it." He adds.

As Brigid head off, he sees an opportunity for a social egress. He'd had his fill. "I should get going, too. Nice meeting you all." He gives a half-wave and turns back towards the entrance of the park. Unconsciously, his pace quickens to a jog before he reaches the gates.

Quick exits the scene.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread