Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

First to Brigid, "Uhh-that's not what I meant." But maybe it could be. No, explanations first. "I meant that Spring could chose who would get the Antler Crown, and you could serve her....but. Uh. I know with Funderland and the 'hold I'm going to be busy, so I might need an assistant." Then to Circe, "I'm sorry to say, but...all the Lost that traveled from San Fran here last Winter have, already moved on*"

The Queen of Fear was quiet as the others spoke. Not only was the conversation flowing, but it was kinda confusing. A whole lot of cross talking. But it was nice, in a confusing way. Because here was the 'hold, and they would continue, thriving, and growing. Four...no five new Lost has found them already. Maybe they just needed this change. Mhairi could only hope that some of them would stay.

The mole-man's wet earth mantle undercuts the flowers, plumbs and bleach. The heat and aired nature of the Summers, and the frigid, roving colored glow of Sasha's Winter mantle. "Hello there." Mhairi smiles before addressing the question all the new arrivals had. "There's no binding." there were talks about this and the weight of broken pledges as tore at her and Sasha both, "You just stick around, make yourself a part of our Freehold, prove not to be our enemy, and yeah." Mhairi nods, even as her Fear spikes, there was no protection now, from the thought or the reality of Loyalists, and Privateers.

Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dragon? This nearly causes Quick to do a double take. Yes, the plastic man has his attention now. He can't help but smile a little at the bold statement of the Dragon being 'worm-food'. "Me? From all over, I guess. I grew up in Manhattan but I haven't been able to sit still. I just came across this place by accident."

Things seem to be moving fast here, all things considered. If this really is a new Freehold rebuilt after another perished... maybe that isn't so strange. Quick takes note of all the titles and his eyes fall on Sasha - as the Winter is apparently called - again as the bleachy girl calls her 'Queen'. He has to ask, "What's your season, Brigid?"

Plums echoes bleach on membership, and Quick's curiosity grows. But forget repeating the question a third time like some sheep. Circe must have seen him watching, and Quick smiles and nods in agreement. "Dry and warm, yeah. What's that like? Can you feel your own 'perfume' or anything like that?"

The Elemental is almost put off by the seeming interruption of the terrible little mole-man. He smells like dirt, to boot. Another one Quick would have to figure out. Still, no sense in being rude. "Hello, Thomas. Call me Quick." And dear GOD don't call me for any other reason. That little guy had better not be on the market. Quick knows his own new figure is a little strange, but this guy should know better: he should hide behind a Mask.

Sera serves as a pleasant distraction from that mess. At least she knows how to take care of herself. "That sounds terrible..." Which he meant, really. Weirdos or not, no one deserves to go like that. Sera seems welcoming enough, which is food for thought. "Thanks. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Maybe I'll put off my trip to Mexico." He grins at the last bit.

Cosmic hairdo, at last, spells out this membership business. She's apparently a figurehead as well. As good a one as any to give his intentions to.to help "I'd like to stay, then. At least to help you guys rebuild your Freehold." Which, he supposes, he also really meant. It is California. Not every guy in the Golden state could be as homely as mole-man.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

A
    Alexander Brown

Came across Sacramento by accident? There are no such things as accidents, only actions disguised to look like one. And that means plans within plans within plans. If there was a tiny red light lit up when this boyishly cute guy showed up all Masked, there are now air raid sirens blaring inside of him. He could understand atributing the arrival to Fate. Fate was a legitimate player in this game, but accident? Uh, no.

"I see." This is his only response. Quick looks curious and perplexed, laughing a little at Alexander's bold statement. It felt good to indirectly take credit for others' achievements.

He doesn't have much time to dwell on the Elemental's true motives, interrupted first by a pervasive smell of wet earth, and then by a voice, older and less smooth than those of the other Lost here. He turns toward the new arrival.

Oh, so it *is* possible to look worse than a half-finished plastic mannequin that was his own persona.

No, that is just a rude thing to think. Appearance is not everything, malleable as it is, and this man surely has much expertise to share.

"Welcome, Mr. Land. I'm Alexander Brown, the Groundskeeper of this community" He figured the mole-man wouldn't be interested in calling him "Alex" anyway. "And this is Mhairi Ankaa, our leader and the Queen of Autumn, and Sasha, Notary and the Queen of Winter." With each introduction there is a slight hand movement indicating the person of which he was speaking.

"What brings you to Sacramento?"

S
    Sasha

A humble small man had joined them, and with that, the scent of dirt that water had clung to. It was fitting for the moleish man to give off. "Please, join the conversation, Thomas." Sasha had spoke once Alexander had finished introductions.

Sasha heartily laughed. "Accident?" Shaking her head to Quick . "Well, I can see how you may have stumbled on Funderland by accident, but Sacramento is the capital of California." She chided him with a cheeky grin.

"I think you are all welcome to stay and I'm sure there are ways to make yourself useful." Her words mirrored Mhairi's. Without the Oath of the Freehold anymore, it would be challenging to trust any of the new people. It was their fail-safe for so long. Now, they'd have to prove it, but, she thought it wouldn't be terribly difficult for some.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a little mole guy? He reminded her of some old cartoons with talking animals. She'd loved those shows! Her old motley mates probably improved the nostalgia. Where others saw homely, Circe saw adorable in the same way some people found pugs cute. After Sera and Alex introduced themselves to Thomas was when Circe shot a beatific smile at the moleman, "Awww, you're a cutie Thomas!" her bouncing ears indicated this was genuine affection. Her tone was quite happy as if she'd just found a puppy and kitten trying to crawl into her slipper at the same time, "I'm called Circe. Hope you stick around and make friends. Need help with stuff? I could totally help."

The good mood soured, ears drooping, as Mhairi confirmed the departures. "Oh...well shit on one hand and furtunato on the other if I owed them money." She didn't seem that happy though. The explanation of how this Freehold was non-binding was an immense relief. The elf perked up, ears and entire body, as the explanation was made. It was the opposite of what she'd run from. "Oh ho ho ho, I am liking this place more and more."

Sure, it could mean the Wyrd's protection against fae threats was gone, but Circe felt the Oathes weren't worth shit. They hadn't stopped Queen Anne, her slaving buddies, or the occasional Keeper from ruining a courtiers' lives. Repeatedly. Circe would put more stock in allies and martial skill any day. Hell, maybe she could use the no Wyrd protection to help drum up sales later.

Quick was...odd to her. Accidental trips involved shitty direction sense or alcohol in bulk. The club speak took time to click, but feel her Mantle? Could he not? "What, you can't feel it? Mant, uh, our perfumes are kind of obvious. Not noticing it would be, like, wow," she got off the railing and scratched her head, "I, uh, can't think of any analogy for this. I mean, mine even helps me dry after I shower so I can't see how you wouldn't feel it when you get it," Circe may have misunderstood but she just bull rushed ahead. Sasha beat her to poking at Quick's sense of direction. "Capitals are a little difficult to stumble on without intent," she smirked, "unless you're imitating the Hangover movies. I hope you didn't bring a tiger with you Quick," she giggled after that.

Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Travisc06489, unlimited sink liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

"I see."

The explanation from Mhairi left a bitter taste in the Wizened's mouth, a gritty sensation that simply sat uneasy with Brigid. Perhaps something had occurred to change the status quo in this particular freehold; a dragon attack, for example. Could the death of such a powerful beast upset the terms of a pledge?

Maybe Brigid was overthinking it as she turned her attention back to the gathering just as the mole-man joined them. Remaining quiet, as nothing seemed to be involving her, Brigid listened, carefully taking mental notes.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid's head bobbed.

"So. Earn ya keep. Fine by me."

Her eyes strayed, uncomfortably long, on Quick before giving in and drifting over the mole man at least once. The mantle was a dead give away. The Darkling snickered quietly and shot a surreptitious glance Mhairi's way, wondering what the old Autumn Sovereign would make of the new addition.

And then her curious eyes returned to Quick and his Mask.

"You sound like a real High Plains Drifter, wandering about like that," she said to Quick. Not that she hadn't been doing the same thing. "What you interested in getting into while you're here?"

With a smidgen of effort she pulled her eyes back to the mole man.

"Same for you, Thomas. You got any interests? These guys..." And the Darkling gestured vaguely about her. "Are into making this fun park an entertainment hub. Somehow I think you are cut from a different cloth. What gets you going?"
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Thomas takes a step or two closer, still careful to keep a bit of distance between himself and the nearest of his new acquaintances. Is it an animal caginess? A very human awkwardness? A simple lack of social graces? Likely some amalgam of all three. Thomas himself recognizes it and is dismayed, but--as always--is powerless to change his reaction.

The avalanche of greetings, of measuring looks and curious stares, fills the Mole-Man with a wild desire to flee. To scurry back off into the night. Instead, he forces himself to glance about the group once more, beady eyes watery and irresolute. "Hello, hello. So nice to meet you all..." His tone says different though: the little creature is overwhelmed.

When Alexander points out the leaders among them, Thomas is quick to offer each a nod, almost a hunching bow. "Oh--Very good, very good. Yes, well, I hope to prove myself useful to your fine company." Those squinting eyes linger a beat longer on Mhairi when she is designated the sovereign of the Freehold and of his Court. Tremulously, he addresses her: "My queen..." So the seasons give way to a single leader here? No matter, it is Autumn who holds the reigns. Fortune passes everywhere...

Of all the reactions to his arrival, Circe's baffles Thomas the most. Such friendliness coming from a woman of her shocking beauty, mingled with a tone that might be used when addressing a pet (which the Mole-Man finds distinctly unnerving if not offensive) causes him to gape openly for a moment, before he turns his attention back to the Groundskeeper. Attempting to maintain his composure, he says: "Certainly, right, why I'm here. It's, yes, all very mundane you see: I took a job in the city. I'm a librarian at Sacramento State." He leaves out the not-so-mundane reason for his departure from the Freehold of Buffalo, not seeing any reason to talk about the sins of his fetch. That damned puppet.

Finally, he turns his attention to Ingrid, "Get's...get's me going? Well, I'm not--no--certainly not very suited for entertainment. I do, however, enjoy researching our...Well, yes: our condition, as you could call it." He answers her without being able to hold her gaze, clearly abashed. "And I've amassed a small library of documents, materials, on related topics," there's a note of pride in his normally uncertain voice when he makes this last statement.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Everyone else dissects Quick's words so Mhairi doesn't feel like she has too. "Brigid is a Spring." Mhairi answers the unanswered question wondering how he couldn't place something like spring cleaning, "Yes we can." Mhairi nods, the rain and the scent of dead and dying leaves swirl around her, and knows Quick for Courtless. She doesn't know how to feel about that. A Lost who hasn't bounded together with a Season, why? Has he yet to make that connection, or...or his he the sort that can't make that sort of connection. Was he the sort that even the Seasons wouldn't touch?

Mhairi swallowed. She'd known of Loyalists and Privateers that held claim to the Seasonal Courts.

Shaking herself out of the paranoid thoughts, Mhairi smiles as Alexander gives a full introduction. "Hello Mister Land," wondering if the mole-man would prefer the professional distance, or if she could just call him Thomas, but if she did he might not say anything about his preferences, thinking it was her right as his Queen to call him whatever she wanted, which honestly, Mhairi didn't want to have happen. "I'd love to give your library a gander."

Mhairi nods at Brigid's words, and if she was anything but an Elemental she might have picked up on the discomfiture, but she is, so she doesn't.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

11. Likes unlimited sink, Origins, Travisc06489 liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Darkling's eyes glitter when the mole man mentions his love of research. One could almost imagine them glowing by the time he mentioned the magic words - a library.

"Oooh a librarian! With a library." She crooned.

"That sounds like fun... Thomas. I'd like to peruse your tomes too, if I may. Sometime. We can work something out I'm sure. Glad you got a job out there. Sounds like you're ahead of a lot of us."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

13. Likes unlimited sink, Origins, liked this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread