Watch

Strangers In The Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

11:28 pm, McKinley Park

The night was hot and unseasonably sticky, more like summer than spring. Anxiety, stress and a gnawing worry left Chariot spinning in his now-empty bed like a man possessed and there was only so many times he could check on his equipment. The point where there was nothing left to sharpen, oil or stress test had come and gone ages ago, but his body was still wound as tight as a spring.

Chariot runs. He runs and runs and runs, driving himself until his legs shake, his lungs burn and his heart pounds in his chest, thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump. Eventually, he shows and stops in an island of light in McKinley Park, where he sprawls out on a bench and stares up into the night sky, his chest heaving.
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

2. Likes Origins, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

(-1 Vitae for Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An unusually warm night meant prime hunting time to the Savage. Warm nights brought out all kinds of people, and she was eager to see who she’d find tonight.

She dressed for the warm weather, in a black tank top and black jeans, steel toed boots were on her feet. Her usually black hair had a deep red hue to it and hung pin straight down her back. She did carry a leather coat, in case it got cold and she had to keep up appearances.

Her skin had the warmth and flush of Kine, her heart beat in her chest and her lungs breathed in air. After all these years, it still felt weird to breathe and feel her heart beat.

Walking through the park, she comes upon a guy sitting on a bench. He appeared to be a runner, not uncommon in the park. Very interested in the sky. Making her way over, she takes a seat, head looking up,

“Anything exciting up there?” asks the tattooed Italian with a smirk.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

Chariot's head turns, surprised that someone who looked like that would talk to someone that looked like him. What happened? Did a bus flip over somewhere and all the hot models escape to settle in Sacramento? "Oh, I'm just trying to burn off some energy. Taking a break, looking into the sky and wondering if I could just fall up into it forever."

A beat. "Um. I'm sorry. I'm not a weirdo, I promise."

Oh fuck, now that made more sense than a hottie just wanting to chit chat with stanky him on a park bench at night.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, looking around. "Are you okay? I know there's actual weirdos out this late. Do you need me to call someone for you?"

5. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes look up into the sky again, then back to the guy,

“Huh, well, if you can figure out how to fall up, you’d probably make bank. You can usually see more outside the city, the lights dull the beauty of it.”

Wow, really? There was a chuckle, Nessun problema,” her hand making a dismissive gesture, “While staring into the sky late at night on a park bench is kinda weird, it’s not the weirdest thing I’ve seen. Plus, all the best and most interesting people are a little weird.” She shrugs while brushing the long strands over her shoulder.

Amusement was obvious on her face, “Why are we whispering?” she asks in a whisper while looking around. Kine could be so bizarre.

She was in rare form tonight, making jokes and being playful.

“Call someone for me?” that brought a confused look then a laugh, “Do I look like I need help or something? Cause I can assure you, I can take care of myself, even if I’m not carrying.” Dark eyes study him, “Do you need help? I mean, I’ve been told I can be intimidating, but I promise,” her hands were held up, “I’m harmless.” Not really, she could tear this poor kid in two. “Is it the tattoos?” there was a frown, “It’s always the tattoos, people usually think I’m up to no good or trouble.” From her tone she was both serious and being playful. While her art work did make some people weary of her, most didn’t care. Though technically, she was trouble and had quite the pull with the Criminals of the city.

7. Likes liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

Oh wow she speaks french, Chariot thinks with all the linguistic self confidence of someone who only heard foreign languages on television.

"Okay sorry," Chariot puts his hands up to placate her. "I didn't mean to imply you couldn't take care of yourself. I'm just not used to seeing pretty ladies wandering around after dark alone. And if you're worried about it, you don't look that scary. Unless that's what you're going for! Then yeah you're terrifying." He flashes her a thumbs up, because he's a lot of things but one thing he isn't is someone who's going to give someone shit because they have tattoos.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a genuine laugh, “Hey, it’s all good. Just giving you a hard time.” She was usually only serious in Court and when doing business.

“Really? Cause the park is usually full of ‘em. I’ve found this area to be pretty safe and a nice place to walk and clear my head. You know, especially after a shitty day at work.”

She smirked at the tattoo comment, looking at her arms, “Actually I wasn’t. But if it ever works in my favor that someone thinks I’m scary then I’m all for it.” She flashed him a lopsided smile. See, the Savage could make nice with the Kine.

“Oh, I’m Sophia by the way.” She extends a tattooed hand, yeah, the ink covered her hands as well. “First time in the park? Cause I don’t think I’ve seen you here before.”

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Late night walks could be a dangerous thing for pretty women. One dressed as Circe was especially likely to attract attention. Though the Larcenist had plenty of "defense" options if someone caused her trouble, even before resorting to using up Glamour. The park was worth looking into for a few reasons. She'd heard one park had a nice trod in it, but maybe not this one. So she was checking out good hidden spots for business dealings instead.

She was surprised to hear an Italian accent so late at night. It reminded her of New Jersey, just a little. It got her curious so she decided to investigate. She also heard some guy apologizing for underestimating women. That had the potential for amusement. She walked around a tall group of bushes to get a good look at whom was talking.

Yup, a guy and a girl. "My my my," Circe' own Italian accent was quite easy to pick up, "So many people out in the park so late, what a surprise. And a happy one, Miss Sophia was it?" She sent the mortal Italian a smile, "I couldn't help but hear your accent. Would I be wrong to guess we've that in common?" Circe sounded genuinely curious about it. "Ah, but manners are important, yes? I am Circe." she said with a smile and a nod.

She then took a look at the guy. Chariot's form caused her to raise an eyebrow, "And from what I overheard you are a knight in shining armor? Seeking to protect the damsels?" Yeah she was poking fun.

Circe was fairly certain she could handle a lot more then this guy could.

Hardened Mask
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

"Oh, well that's good. And if you jog at night normally I'm out in the morning, tonight's just a special occasion." He takes the affered hand and is about to shake it when he looks more closely at it and whistles in appreciation. "That is some mighty fine work you had done! I'm..."

Sophia can see it, the sudden attention he pays to some bushes off the beaten path and the sudden tension that his stance adopts. The snap of a twig? The rustling of leaves? Who knows what tipped him off to their watcher. When she reveals herself, his body language shifts from open and social, to wary and defensive.

As she speaks, he stands up and gestures to the spot on the bench he was sitting at to allow 'Circe' to take it if she wishes. "Sure," He says to 'Circe' in a cool tone. He's got as much patience as the next guy for strangers poking fun at him and his mannerisms, and maybe all these cityfolk thought it was funny, his minor worry about women wandering around at night. But he's really not of a mind to welcome someone with open arms who spies on him and then pokes fun at him. "Levi. It's a nickname some of my friends use."

Spotting the Creeper 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-05-08 00:36:59 Chariot rolls 6 to Spot Circe Creepin (Wits 3 + Composure 3) (10 Again) 5, 10, 5, 7, 4, 3, 6 1 success

13. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes narrow and size up the exotic woman as she appears from the bushes. Seriously, who lurks in the bushes in park late at night? Her Beast didn’t sense another, but that didn’t mean the woman wasn’t Kindred.

And Italian.

An eyebrow is raised as she assessed the woman more, “Just Sophia actually. And well, that would depend on what part of Italy you’re from.” Says the Savage with a smirk. Her family had bad blood with some families in various cities. That didn’t mean she carried the same ill will, it was something instilled in her at a young age. But that was close to a hundred years ago and not a concern anymore. “Manners are very important,” she says with a friendly smile, “Pleased to meet you Circe. So what brings you out tonight?”

Grazie,” she says turning back to Levi, “Have any yourself?” tattoos had become more popular over the years, and seemed almost everyone had at least one. “Nickname huh? It’s a pretty unique name to be a nickname, which makes me think there is a fun story behind it, care to share?” she asks with a flirty smile.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe grins as she nods to Sophia, "Prego," coming out on sheer habit, before walking over to the bench and taking the offered seat, "So an actual gentleman and not a fake knight like most men in this city. Color me impressed Levi," she nods to the man.

"Perhaps so. My family traces back to Sicily, though I was raised in New Jersey," she held up both hands and rolled both to indicate: go ahead, "Feel free to make mafia jokes," Circe had always found them vastly amusing. Because they were true.

As for what brought her out tonight. Well she couldn't tell that she was seeing if this was the park with a Trod to some mortals. Or that she was looking for hiding spots.

"Nothing much brought me here. Sicilian from Jersey so burying a body. I kid, just new in town and coudln't wait to see some green. Was hoping to spot a cutie hiding out. A rabbit or raccoon, but no such luck," she grinned at Sophia as the woman flirted with Levi. "Credo che tu abbia più fortuna.

She had absolutely now idea what they were talking about, having not heard much of their conversation and too focused on a familiar accent.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread