Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Freehold Leadership

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Vampire has Acknowledgment. Mage has Recognition.

Quote Originally posted by Changeling the Lost, p.40:
    When members of a freehold first encounter changelings recently arrived from Faerie, most members simply introduce themselves, let the new arrivals know where to contact members of the freehold and then allow the newly returned Lost to make the first move.
    The idea is fairly simply -- an on-boarding process that joins new characters into the game at large. The problem that arises with Changeling is that there is no 'Freehold' structure and a Seasonal Monarch isn't always available. This also dovetails in with the Freehold Oath not being mechanically sound (and it will possibly be re-worked when All The Questions Are Answered And Dust Settles).

At one point, Freehold Titles were proposed that were distinct and separate from the Courts, but to be blunt they got a little out of hand (I think 30 titles and hierarchy that made you want to cry was put forth). This also allowed Courtless to have some agency, but the truth is that the Seasonal Pact is weakened by hordes of Courtless.

So the situation is that on-boarding needs to be resolved, but taking into consideration that the PC population fluctuates and therefore tying Freehold duties to Monarchs or Seasonal Court positions is impractical. It's a concession that has to be made in light of the game being played rather than trying to follow RAW strictly.

I'd like to posit the following suggestion:

A renewal of Freehold specific titles, but greatly condensed from those that came before.

Big Boss / Castellan / Head Fairy in Charge
    Much like a Prince or Hierarch, and most likely advised by the Seasonal Monarchs or even Seeming bosses?

The Pledgesmith / Pledgemaster
    Much like a Harpy or Herald, this person would be the adjudicator of Pledges (Boons / Favors) as well as hold the public opinion in trust. Most importantly, they would be the fulcrum and oversee future reinstatement of the Freehold Oath.

Huntsmaster / Sheriff / Hedge Guardian
    The analog to Sheriff or Sentinel. Charged with keeping the peace and safety. Able to deputize.

Again, just a suggestion. Obviously it duplicates other venue's social structures and therefore would provide a degree of familiarity while resolving the issues of a rotation (and often incomplete) Seasonal hierarchy.

Feel free to weigh in or suggest alternatives!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post

0 Scenes

The Sloth is intrigued.

It simplifies things, while giving structure and familiarity.

I'm assuming the Sovereigns would act like Priscui/Councilors?

Also if one of the Sovereigns became the HFiC would the Freehold change into a territorial 'hold like Miami (from core CtL) or New York (from the wiki)?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm assuming the Sovereigns would act like Priscui/Councilors?
    Yep, as stated in the description

Also if one of the Sovereigns became the HFiC would the Freehold change into a territorial 'hold like Miami (from core CtL) or New York (from the wiki)?
    Does it matter? Mage has never drawn map lines and I can't imagine why Changeling would need to, for the purpose of OOC structure of the game. Sorry, it's just every time a discussion about X comes up it spirals out of control with (usually irrelevant) questions about Y & Z. Literally.

Again, open to alternate methods but the question at hand is on-boarding/Freehold structure versus not having a process for either. Secondary questions can come later, unless there's some relevance that I'm missing? Not trying to shut down discussion, but rather keep it focused.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

0 Scenes

1) Cool

2) It's all good, I'm in the middle of my first coffee and my brain first heads to RP stuffs. I was only asking so see how the face of the Freehold would change IC with this new stuffs. But All this can be figured out later/after the important/focus of this discussion stuffs get's answered first

Let's keep focused and my fluff questions can be answered later

Sweet dude!

This will certainly simplify things. IMO player turnover has been the big problem with toons being in charge of the Freehold. So are these titles going to be NPCs or toons again?

As for the names, I like HFiC, Pledgemaster, and Hedge Guardian (Sheriff is already used in multiple venues).

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No NPCs. With Changeling in 'drift' mode, there's nobody to run them.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Also, it might be fun to use old slang (taken from the SG slang discussion) for titles?

The Darb - head fairy in charge

Drugstore Cowboy / Torpedo - sheriff

Hayburner / Real McCoy - pledgemaster slash harpy

9. Likes , Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

Well if we do Huntsman/Huntsmaster, then the Deputies could be called Hounds.

Oooh~ Slang title, nifty!

Would they be actual title titles? Or slang for the titles?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

/me blames himself for that tangent

12. Likes Origins liked this post

Darb used to mean "cool" back in the 1920s...no I'm not that much of a slang historian, I have just watched Chrono Crusade

Understood on that front then. To bad about Green & Morgan going they'd have been decent candidates for Hunstmaster and Hound (respectively).

Given how loose 'lings are with propriety, the Club Speak (I'm guessing that is the purpose for Darb, Torpedo, etc.) for the official titles would probably be accepted as the same thing without social penalty but still Club Speak. Not like with ancient Vamps that get all uppity when you don't call the but the PROPER title.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread