Ended
Watch

Preliminary Drawings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

Even faded and worn, California sings in the heritage of the Manor – a confluence of Spanish and American styles - from every parapet and every arched window. Expansive, proud, and dignified, the old Mission Revival Architecture reflects its pedigree in its ceramic tiles, grand turrets, and a coat of pale-peach stucco.

The Lord sat in a musty leather chair in what he thought was once a study. The chair too had it's once-es that were readily apparent. Once refined and once well taken care of. It now showed signs of wear. Of age. Things the creature who sat upon it would never again experience, and this coupled with the expensive suit and watch the man wore made the scene all the more strange. The Japanese Dragon had hoped to get an actual tour. He had even been given a phone number, but no one picked up. This of course was neither here nor there, Mr. Maddox obviously has his own schedule to keep and Tomori respected that.

Instead he tracked down everything he needed through the proper channels at The Nox, and then headed over to investigate. He was...less than pleased with what he found of course. The Grounds, which showed a fine design in and of themselves had fallen into disrepair. The Solarium had started to become overgrown and the entry hall sparkled very little in the moonlight. Katsuro decided then and there that changes must be made. He opened up his briefcase and pulled out some pencils and papers, and found a desk. After dusting it off and pulling up the aforementioned chair the Dragon found himself making a rough sketch.

He started with just a trace outline of the house, and then a few markers for the furniture he had seen, when this was complete he set out another fresh piece of paper and began rearranging things. A few bookshelves here. A desk there. If one looked at it from above though, and attempted to connect the "dots" at the right angles one would see the tell-tale signs of sacred geometry and feng shui. As Tomori sketched, he also would occasionally jot a number down here or there in the margins, as though keeping track of something. First, he would have to have the place cleaned and maintained...well he would likely have to do most of that himself. Then, he could enact his drawings, once they had been tweaked a little here and there.

Having no plans to leave anyitme soon, Katsuro drew on quietly humming a song. It was quite likely he could run into any of his fellow academics if they happened to walk the halls but given the upkeep, it seemed unlikely.

zapero12
    Last edited by West; Apr 22nd, 2017 at 07:19 AM.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Finally deciding to visit the Chapterhouse Jax raced his motorcycle along the roads until he found what surely couldn't be. A run down old mansion. We shall need to fix this as soon as possible.

Jax makes his way through the run down Chapterhouse until he meets a familiar face sketching away.

"Ah. Good to see you Mr. Tomori. I think we should have a discussion about this place."

K
    Katsuro Tomori

The humming stopped as he heard a familiar voice ring out across the room. He offered a smile and a wave over at the Shadow, beckoning him to look at his work thus far. The designs to those in the know were obvious, by arranging the rooms as such you could over time make the whole Academy a bastion of clear, competent thought and memory. By moving distractions away from certain spots, and adding information in easy to find areas that were logical and within view things could flow. Flow, to Tomori at least, was good. Did Mr. Culmet feel the same though?

"I could not agree more Mr. Culmet. We haven't had a proper introduction. Katsuro Tomori, Supplicant of Hunger..." He paused to let the other respond before he would continue. "I've done some preliminary sketches here, as well as value costs to replace the various rooms and get the land properly tamed once more... tell me what you think. I always value a second competent opinion." He said happily. Finally a chance to talk openly with someone about the Orders state of affairs. The wait had practically made his fangs itch, and finding things in such a state had not eased things any.

z
    zapero12

Jax looks over the drawings and his eyes light up with enthusiasm. "I can not wait to get these things started is my thought Mr. Tomori. And yes Properly I am Professor Jax Culmet Supplicant of The Void. Pleasure to know your study. If it suits you, you may just call me Jax it's much faster to say when it comes time to do work."

Jax takes a small walk around the room surveying everything "As a estimate do you have any idea what it shall cost to get things running here again? I do dread using my Chemistry Lab on campus for any type of our studies and I do wish to get started on my own research soon... Perhaps we can pool together and reform this place to a wonderful pinnacle of academia. What do you say?"

K
    Katsuro Tomori

"Certainly Jax. And please, call me Katsuro." he offered in a friendly manner. They were equals, and academics and both aiming to improve their studies and thus themselves. It was...promising. "Well, most of the upfront cost will be in supplies, new furniture or restorations, and the grounds. Obviously the grounds can be worked on under supervision by kine, but I'm not comfortable with admittance past the foyer...many of these rooms are bloodied and utterly ravaged. Too many questions." He paused and checked his numbers in the margins. "I figure four thousand for the landscaping, including renting equipment and employees. Depending on how things are to be shaped, experimental equipment can cost anywhere from hundreds to...hundreds of thousands." his head cocked to the side and eyes widened slightly with a shrug as though either were feasible. "So, total I could safely see for state of the art equipment probably five-hundred thousand over the course of two years...but short term? Twenty...Twenty-five thousand in three months, for what I want to provide at any rate."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Just a small reminder that nothing actually happens without Haven Merit, etc contributions.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Ruach, Jaqen liked this post
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

Totally part of the plan, boss man.

z
    zapero12

Jax knew the cost would be extensive he just never really heard the number's said out loud.

" I didn't realize that your wealth was so extensive. Good to know you're on our side that could really do some damage if put elsewhere..." Pausing and a look of disappointment growing "I unfortunately can only provide around a thousand per month. However that does not mean I can't come here and work myself clearing things up."

K
    Katsuro Tomori

"Well, every Dragon needs a hoard." he joked. "I hope to use it to the betterment of the Ordo. Primarily, it will provide an easy means for legitimate acquisition, hopefully if a Wyrms Nest is unvcovered. True wealth however, is in the mind. In power. In artifacts..." he said trying not to focus on what seemed to disappoint the Shadow, namely wealth. "I plan to put in elbow grease myself. When I was young, my father used to have me work on the houses our company constructed, so I would remember where I came from, hands on approaches have become something of a necessity to me now." The normally quiet and reserved Dragon shared more now than he had since he came to the domain. Like he was just keeping his excitement inside and a little of the cup flowed over spilling onto his fellow academic. Briefly. It seemed to fade back to his normal timidity for some reason as a thought crossed his mind.

"Speaking of necessity...you're with the Mekhet, yes?" it was a loaded question spoken delicately, the way a businessman might approach a deal. Katsuro had orders to follow after all. Orders he could not easily ignore without harm coming to himself. Even though he tried to keep that worry out of his mind, it crept into his face around the crows feet of his eyes, and the undead furrow of his undead brow.

z
    zapero12

Interesting. Jax lets out soft smile. "It seems even though we are nearly immortal we are still the product of our upbringing. My point being time changes little."

Upon the the question is eyebrow raises and his face streams out neutrality.
    "Yes I am.. Why do you ask??"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.