Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The galaxies in the Ashen Queen's hair twinkled as the Wisp arranged it atop of her head. Smiling as two skeletal hands secured her mane. Make up dark, a sharp contrast to her moonlit complexion, but so was the rest of her ensemble. With a high wasted skirt, that looked like she'd torn apart many little pirate flags only to stitch them together. With one a long, pinstriped corset, something new - though the Springs will be happy to note that the pinstripes where green.

Carrying a new stetch book and a few pencils, some of them colored, the Wisp makes her way to the living room where she was going to be meeting the Freehold's only Springs and get down to brass tacks.

They had fashion to talk about.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

When getting together with someone who did fashion, you didn’t show up in jeans and a tank top. Though that would have been more comfortable, but comfort was never a concern with fashion.

So she put on a white fitted dress with a pair of suede knee high boots. And yeah, she threw on some nylons, they did still make them you know! But it made a better contrast with the color of the suede and her dress.

Stopping the in kitchen first, the Nix grabs a water before heading into the living room.

Grinning to the Elemental, “Why Mhairi, is that a hint of color I see in your corset?” she asks playfully, “I like it, looks great on you.” She then takes a sip before sitting down, eager to hear what Mhairi had in mind.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian was all too happy to show up for some fashion gab -- particularly when there was a chance to add some real magic to it all. His own trick was trying to make it look like he just fell into his outfits. He'd of course spent a good hour picking out just the right sweater and pouring himself into the proper jeans. He did try to add a little fun with his boots though, it was hard to be too gloomy around these two anyway.

"Hello ladies,"
    he offered on arrival. "You're both knocking it out of the park, as usual." He nearly squeed audibly at the sight of those little skeleton hands holding Mhairi's hair. His usually even tone picked up an octave. "Those are the cutest! You've got to tell me where you found them. Ah, adorable." He tilted his head about looking at them, having to tear himself away to take his own seat and hear the game plan.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Thank you, thank you." Mhairi beams, giving the Springs a twirl.

"Why yes, I thought a touch of verdant would be appropriate." a happy teasing grin, as Sera points out the pinstripes.

"And of course, Sera, a vision." Mhairi gives the female Fairest a once over. Her mind picking apart fabrics and colors and how the ensemble played with her gilded scales.

Then to Lucian she beamed, a quicksilver coated and dripping fingers reaching towards her hair clips. "I found them online, they're hand made. I think I want to get into it, maybe do some adorably creepy jewelry." once she'd admitted her dream of fashion stardom, she'd embraced the fact that she wanted. She wanted to have a line of shoes, jewelry, and of course actual fashions.

But today wasn't about her mortal aspirations, but the wonderful and fantastical nature of hedgecrafting.

"So!" she chirps finding a set, crossing her legs and propping her sketch pad atop them. "I did promise both of you that I'd design a hedgespun wonder...so...what exactly do you want? Jewelry? Clothing? A weapon?" Mhairi's fell-flames flicker intently. "Are there specific materials that you'd want it crafted from? Would you want me to move beyond designing to crafting? Or would you like to try your hand at it?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smiling when the other Spring came in, “Hey Lucian!” she greeted before watching Mhairi actually do a twirl. Which made her smile wider, seems she was enjoying the praise. And who wouldn’t?

“Thanks.” She beams as she gets compliments on her attire. Which wasn’t anything too spectacular, but it was still nice to hear.

“Oh! Creepy jewelry sounds like it could be fun!” the hair clips were cute, and not overly gothic.

“Well I defiantly want a necklace or a ring. Something that is easy to always wear. As far as materials, I was thinking things that tied into Spring. Perhaps even the dew that is always on the grass in the mornings, or even the rainbows that the suns warm beams are able to make shining through that dew. But, I’ve also never done this, so I’m not sure what really goes into it.” Which was true. She knew the power hedgespun items could hold, but how they were made was a little foggy to the Treasured.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lucian

He wanted to swoon, feinting couch style, at Mhairi's mention of a creepy jewelry set. "That would be sick. So, many options -- buckles, buttons, rings. Just with those boney touches too," said with his own slender fingers dancing, spooky skeleton style.

Sera's voice came lilting up and he couldn't help further sinking into happy calm with it in the air. "A necklace would be sweet. Ivy that you can watch fresh dew drop from." He trailed his fingers over his neck, leaving a slight trail of smoke where he envisioned it. His gaze, even behind his dark eyes, had drifted.

He pulled himself back and focused on Sera, "But I know what you mean about actually 'spinning anything. I mean, I've seen some cool pieces but the whole straw into gold process -- still a bit fuzzy."

As Mhairi laid out some prompts on the design process at least he tilted his head. "I do have a whip. And -- I don't know." He sighed, it really shouldn't bother him so much. "It's hemp. Tightly wound, dyed black. More bite to it as a catch from a Thorn or two, if it comes to it. It just -- isn't leather. Not even pleather. But there's weight and heft I'll want." He waved a hand as if at the thoughts wafting around, "I think it'll be a headache and I want to get something with the Ankaa treatment."

He raised a dark dripping finger up. "Something with shine. Eerie sparkle. Like when, what's it called -- when a witch gets hitched ... " His features crinkled in trying to think of its less folksy version. "When it rains and the sun is still out." He looked to Mhairi, the shimmer around his own eyes drawn in to catch that fell-green glint, "Even just a bloom in shadow would be pretty rad but does that hit on anything you think would work?"

And since, fashion, didn't mean to forget references for his sweater, jeans, and boots !

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

(Hedgespun activation)Glamour 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi's grin is infectious as the Springs enthuse about her creepy jewelry set idea. She'd known it would go over well with Lucian, but to see Sera taking a shine to it too, well it made the Wisp think that her evolving ideas and dreams weren't so terrible after all.

Mhairi nods, before she'd tried her hand at hedgespinning it was all Greek to her. "I understand, but it's really not that hard. We know how to do it, even without having it explained. Like Dreaming. It's a part of us now, that we're like how we are. It's all instinct." Mhairi stops, checking to see if the Springs followed or if she'd need to actually explain...which might be an issue, she'd just listened to her instincts about it, and spun whatever wanted to be created.

With a pencil she makes a line bisecting the page, on top she writes out:

jewelry
    - necklace or ring.
    // Spring //
    dew - rainbows

then on the underside of the line:

whip
    heft.
    Thorn - contract of? - catch.
    Eerie sparkle
    when it rains and the sun's still out
    a bloom in the shadow

Looking up at Lucian's question her pencil still, "Oh yeah for sure!" she chirps, nodding her head, then she gives them each a smile. "Hedgepinning's about instinct and will. What you want, and what is wants to be made of." she set the sketch pad beside her, as she reaches for her throat - her red ribbon choker with silver flames on it. "This, is hedgespun." with nary a thought she feeds glamour into it. It ignites, cycling through traditional colors of flame, and her own signature color. "This is actually my second piece I 'spun myself. I wove it together with mote of my fell-flame tears, and flickering never dying embers. It protects me, while also acting at a catch."

Then with fingers quick, she grasp a hand held folding fan. She flicks it open. The backdrop is black, and in the foreground are a scattering of Autumn leaves. Tough puzzlingly as the edge of the fan catches the light, it looks weirdly...sharp. "This is my baby. The first thing I ever 'spun. More out of necessity then anything." Once more the Autumn Queen feeds Glamour into the fan, the war fan keep it's mundane shape only the material is exchanged with the fantastical. "I created this, and it's twin from leaves who's death came with Autumn's first frost. I wove them together by the light of the Sickle Moon's Cheshire grin." she looks upon her fan, and then to the Springs. Knowing that when one first glimpses her delicate looking frosted leaves and moonbeam boning, they might miss the wickedly sharp ice hardened edge.

"So yes. Anything. Everything. It's easiest if you use something that means something to you." She flicks the fan closed, and sets it near her, it's chill has the Wisp shiver, even as the circlet of fire still blazes.

She pulls her sketch pad close once more. "A piece of Spring to carry around with you Sera. And Lucian, a touch of the dark, paired with the light. Something balanced. When you haven't fed glamour into them to you just want this to function like a mundane item? And once glamour's been fed, what do you want it to do? My choker protects me as I said, and my fans, well I made sure they'd do a wonderful bite of damage."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Leaning back in her seat, she listens as Lucian talks about what he wanted in a hedgespun item.

A whip? Now she’d be lying if she didn’t admit that her mind went in many different directions.

She was no prude, and while there were things she had yet to try, whips weren’t on that list. But then of course, he could totally be referring to a whip as simply a whip, something to be used in self-defense. Though oh how she wanted to ask, her curiosity chewing away at the barrier that stopped her from saying whatever came to mind.

Instead, she brings her water glass to her lips, taking a sip. See, she was getting better at this.
    Lowing the glass, “Sounds cool.” And it did, not something she’d imagine as a hedgespun item.

She then looks thoughtfully at Mhairi, “Really?” a little surprised at how easy the Elemental made it sound. “Wow, kinda make me want to try my hand at it. Though I trust your abilities more than my own right now.” She wasn’t opposed to trying it, she would just feel better leaving it in the hands of someone who has done it before. Instinct and will?

Sapphires widen as her choker comes to life on her neck. The flames and their cycle of color almost mesmerizing to the Nix.

“It’s beautiful.”
    She says in a soft, awe struck voice.

Then came the fan, beautiful in it’s own way. Not as eye catching as the choker, but still stunning.

There was then a nod, “Yeah, something that can be passed off as an everyday mundane piece of jewelry. As to what it should do? As much as I’d like something to boost my ability to fight, I think right now something that can help protect me is more important. Seeing that you have two makes me realize that somewhere down the road I can add a second item.” Probably not as flashy as the fans, but she was sure she could come up with something.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian sighed and put an elbow on the table so he could slump his chin into his hand. "It's one of those 'you had the power in you all along' deals, huh? Ugh, figures." It wasn't Mhairi's fault but sometimes a hint from the Wyrd would be nice. He leaned back up and shrugged, "Eh, seeing how something gets made still sounds like a start."

He watched with full fascination at that Elemental precision in even the notes Mhairi etched onto the page. Seeing that quicksilver drip over the pencil was like its own art exhibit. But, come on, pyrotechnics?

"Oh shit!" His usually even tone being unmasked in real surprise as he saw the collar light up. "That is beyond badass." The second punch of those exquisite fans being unsheathed with that infinitely satisfying thwack sent a shiver thrill over him as the ice formed at its edge. His eyes were wide in delight and he wanted to applaud, but contained himself to just clasping his hands together tightly in front of his open mouth.

"Alright, first, I'm going to need a towel. Second, sick. Sick like two weeks to live." He waved a hand at his face for a moment as he pulled himself back together from the impromptu magical fashion show. "I need to get in on this." He'd have to craft his own replacement for his whip if he was going to pull weight with those fans. A piece of jewelry wouldn't require such an epic quest for perfection.

He nodded in agreement with Sera, "I like the sound of a little security too." Which brought another idea to him. He was unsure what the pair might think about it, but he had a few needs in that department.

"Actually, could help a couple ways. I know my way around Reflections but it does require, ya know, a reflection. Maybe a pin? A dark pool that, with a little touch of glamour, turns into still and clear water lit by moonlight." His eyes glazed with the possibilities before snapping back, "But it could make for a discreet camera. Give me another kind of -- insurance with my clients. Having to look through a broach that I've got to lean over important documents isn't HD TV or anything, but if I'm going to wear a wire at least it could be fabulous."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Her interest into hedgespun items was one of need. Ramona promised her war fans, but then never delivered. Mhairi had to venture out into the hedge to craft them herself. Her choker...because she was lonely. Sad and lonely. Wanting to busy herself and perhaps find comfort in something. To see the Springs delight in this small bit of magic brought a smile to the Ashen Queen's lips. "Thank you."

She nods, "I understand that. I wouldn't have tried to 'spin anything myself if everyone more experienced them me hadn't..uh." the Iron Queen lost in the Thorns once more, and the Blackbird Bishop, former Ashen Queen, in worse shape. A slave once more - to the Lady Salome. "Well, there wasn't anyone left with experience and since I wanted hedgespun things I didn't want to bother the others with it. So I tried to craft something, and it worked. Quite well actually. And I had a really good time doing it."

"You can have more then just two too!" Mhairi chirps, "You just need to go out and craft them - or have someone else to do it." She offers the Treasured a smile, "If you capture a song bird's song - you could make your own voice sweeter. It doesn't have to be about offence or defense. I could make you shoes that help you run faster, or a jacket, a dress - anything. Everything. Sky's the limit."

Nodding, with a quick "That could work," while she adds to Lucian's list:

Reflections
    Catch / aid:
    pin - A dark pool that, with a little touch of glamour, turns into still and clear water lit by moonlight

"Also, Lucian I want to make you something else, you're a King. I want to give you something to give you a little oumph." Her hands rise, before the drop once more to the page. Quickly the outline of a jacket takes shape. Structured, and perhaps a little more militant then one would think of for the King of Spring, but Mhairi thought that Lucian would love it. "Maybe out of shadow and wishes, or breathless sighs. Or maybe that dark edge of want." hey, she was trying to pitch this to the King of Desire.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread