Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(The Dark) Pandora's Box

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(Heightened Senses(Sight, Hearing))Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a quick shake of her head, “Not really, I never really talked to her or worked with her.” Though the woman always had seemed unhinged.

She was tempted to ask him what his expertise entailed, thinking she probably had him beat in that department. One doesn’t take over and run a successful Mafia family on her looks. But it’d be interesting to see him in work, see if he could back up his claims.

“Oh, I wasn’t thinking a beating would be in order. There are much more creative tools we can use. Every Kindred has a breaking point, and I’m curious as to what our friends is. But perhaps it won’t come to any of that and she’ll simply fold.” Either way worked for the Savage so long as they got what they needed.

While she would feel more comfortable having Alice take the bowing knife, she had concerns. It was much larger than her current one, and she hadn’t worked with Alice on using it. It did a whole hell of a lot more damage, but was heavier and more difficult to maneuver. “I’ll call you when it comes in.” then maybe they could do more sparring, letting Alice get a feel for the cane sword.

“Well, he’s right about them. They might be unorganized at times, but when they come together for something they are a nasty force. But anyways, lets get this started.” She pushes off her car and heads into the warehouse. Before stepping into the door, she heightens her senses, cause you never know.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes unlimited sink, liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The warehouse is quiet and unassuming. Dark, too, until someone finds the lights.

It is empty. A few crates stand as further disguise.

The basement is the same: dark and empty. A single light bulb illuminates the naked stone. The two bodies had been hidden under a pile of sheets, streaked with paint. Two shrivelled corpses, crude stakes protruding from their chests. Josephine in rags with her face still stained by warpaint; the other in boots, a dress, and a fake fur coat.

Chains and other things dangle from the ceiling. The floor slopes oddly toward one corner. The stench of disinfectant is strong here; it clogs the nose even without the use of Heightened Senses.

4. Likes liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross moves, quietly, through the warehouse space. Flat, blue eyes drift this way and that as he takes their surroundings in. Everything appears to be in order.

Down in the basement, once the lights are on and their guests properly exposed, Cross examines the two apparent corpses critically, though with a certain detachment. If seeing Sterling in this state bothers him, it doesn't show.

After a while, he turns to Alice and Ale, "You said they were worshipping her, right? Had her set up as some sort of idol?" A nod toward Sterling's unmoving form. "Maybe we can use that. Set them up in opposite ends of the room, work on that one" eyes dart to Fur Coat "by threatening Sterling."

Anyway it's something to consider. The Brood Bitch may not care about harm done to herself. But what would she do to keep her Special Lady Friend from being ashed?

6. Likes liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Sorry to post out of order! Just realized that Longstreet and Alice never got in on the last round.

R
    Robert Longstreet

Robert followed the group, preparing for the grim task at hand. He closed the warehouse door behind them, but - deciding one can never bee too careful - he forced his Vitae to flow again, pumping new life into his eyes and ears. Within moments his vision and hearing adjusted to new levels of detail and sound. If some of the Brood got wind of where they were, he'd prefer not to be surprised by them.

On that note, he studied the inside of the building for a moment, looking for other potential entrances, structural weaknesses and oddities - anything from air vents to crudely filled holes in the walls. Noting their presence (or lack thereof) he moves forward, down to the basement, where the two near-corpses lied in wait for them to start the show.

"Good idea" he commented on what Cross had said. "But when she starts talking, we gotta make sure she's telling us the truth. Fortunately, I got just the method for that. See, all you have to do is to slice the story into tiny pieces - like frames in a film reel. Then you bring them up in random order and ask questions - a lot of them, as aggressively as you can. Eventually, if she's not a damn computer she'll start tripping over her own lies and break down."

A few steps further down the room. A good, long look t the hanging chains. God, the smell!

"And if she stays silent, there are some neat tricks, too. "Silence makes your situation worse", "Admit one thing and that's it", the works. Remember, if we have to beat the truth out of her, we better aim for soles and temples. Believe me, it hurts like hell, even if you're dead."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Ale doesn't insist on Alice taking the larger knife, but confirms her cane sword was definitely in the works. Alice gives her Coterie Mate a too-wide-too-fake smile paired with a smooth, strings pulled nod. "I'll wait in breathless anticipation."

The sounds around her change as the foursome head into the warehouse, the scent of the place clogs her nose and Alice's porcelain face scrunches up in diastase. Ick. Luckily the Morlock hadn't yet enhanced her senses. She could only imagine how horrible this place smelt when you could detect every slight divergence and subtle nuance.

"You might need to do more then threaten Stirling." Alice admits, actions mean more then words sometimes. Though Alice wondered if the Ventures former alliances, her devotion to the Second Estate, was effecting Robert's choices now. Alice didn't know if Longstreet even knew that the women who was once Reeve, and Invictus Lady had started out as the picture of devotion to the Covenant he, and her Robert shared.

Alice wants to frown, in her studies she'd discovered Devotions of the Blood, that would have helped in this circumstance, but alas, she hadn't yet convinced Vivian to part ways with the secrets of Majesty.

The Blind Doll keeps herself slightly apart of where the others where speaking, deciding upon which course they would take, Alice hadn't ever done anything like this in her scant years dead, and she most definitely hadn't done anything like this when she was alive.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

10. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, at least the bodies were still here, staked. Though that didn’t mean that the Brood hadn’t scouted the place. Best trap? Not to touch anything and lay in wait.

Was the disinfectant stench always there? Either way it was like a kick in the sinuses.

The hanging chains would help them restrain the two when they pulled the stakes out.

“If memory serves me right, there was some weird looking things drawn on the walls surrounding her. As well as flower petals scattered around the floor, she was also chained to the wall. Then of course was the third eye drawn on her forehead. There were also bodies in the basement where we found her, obviously dead from the stench that came from them. Maybe an offering of some sort, some type of religious observance,” there was a shrug, “But I’m not sure, this isn’t really my field of expertise.” She says to Robert.

Considering his idea, she looks at the bodies, “If we wake either of them up, we need to make sure they are secured. I don’t want to risk the safety of anyone here, we already lost one to the Brood, I don’t want to see it happen again.” And she wasn’t budging on that one. “With how far gone Sterling was, I’m not sure she will talk, or that she can for that matter. We tried to ask her questions, but got nothing. But I’m willing to try again, maybe her nap will have awoken her ability to talk.” Probably not, but you never know with Kindred.

“I’ve always found that incentive works wonders when getting people and Kindred to talk. But I’m willing to try both ways. See I’m not necessarily known for my social graces and kind words, so I’m more of the enforcer type. Willing to get my answers anyway I can. Though perhaps a softer touch will gain more info.” Always best to keep an open mind. She had been ready to ash Sterling when Alice spoke up about using her as bait. So the Reeve knew that her ways were not always the best. “The soles and temples huh? I was gonna pull the damn bitches fangs out one by one. But my more special techniques I’ll save for the surprise.” Yeah, Ale could be cold and heartless. Years of running the Mafia had taught her well.

Looking to Alice, “I agree, she is going to need more than threats. She wasn’t too sane when she was within the Domain, and I doubt time has helped that. If she talks, manipulating her might work, if done right. Or again, an incentive she cannot refuse.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

12. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross gives Longstreet an approving nod when he details his approach. He'd been a cop in LA for a long time. None of this is surprising. But it's good the other Haunt knows his stuff.

To Alice now: "Yes. Start with threats, then move on to promises. Finally, action." Ale's description of the scene where they found Sterling seems to confirm her value. "And if they were venerating Sterling. Using up valuable resources," in other words, blood, "to support her, maybe threatening her well-being will be enough. If not..." His shrug is audible in the way he trails off.

The Burned Man listens closely to the Reeve's words.

"I wouldn't suggest bringing them back at the same time. I was thinking we could keep Sterling on ice while we go at the other one. Our threats will hold even more water if it's clear that Josephine can't fight back."

Cross looks at the chains, wondering how many they should use to make sure Brood Bitch is properly secured. He reaches up to pull on one, testing to see if they can be uncoupled from the ceiling. "And if she" another nod to fur coat "doesn't care about Sterling. Well then, get out your pliers and start pulling teeth."

Something about the way Cross discusses the whole thing, his pragmatic, distanced, tone would no doubt prove disturbing, if his audience weren't monsters themselves.

"But it's your call," he says to Alessandra, deferring to the Reeve.

14. Likes liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

It seems like there's nothing more to be said, nothing else to prepare before they pull the wood out of the Fur Coat's heart. In a few minutes it will be shown if their collective experience is really worth anything. Robert noticed the other Haunt's approving motion and smiled. He found himself oddly comfortable in the presence of Ale and Cross. There was honesty in their monstrosity, especially in how the Burned Man spoke and carried himself. He wasn't so sure about the Seneschal, though. She was detached, like a star that sends light despite being long turned to ash.

"I agree with Cross. If this Sterling woman got her mind back while sleeping, we can have a nasty surprise on our hands. Anyway, ready when you are."

He waits for either Cross or Ale to pull out the stake. Let's get this show on the road.

Oh, he's gonna enjoy this.

God, the smell!

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(heighten hearing)Vitae 0 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice's smooth inhuman nod reinforces what the Reeves says about just how the Brood had propped up the venture. Though Alice knows there's not a whole lot she could add for what they'd found visually, "There was incense, not sage but something similar. They kept her in a statuary, they'd...sanctified her."

From her place Alice hears the sounds of chains being tested. "Make sure Julia has sight lines on Sterling. Most, if not all of the chains should be used. Prepare for frenzy...and I don't know if either knows vigor....but I'd rather not risk one or both of them escaping due to an oversight."

Then knowing she wont be any help with the interrogation, the Blind Haunt makes a decision.

"I'll keep..heh-watch. Maybe I'll be able to tell if the Brood's barreling down on us."

Focusing her will, she sharpens her hearing to an inhuman degree and moves towards where'd they'd entered.

2 suxx perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-21 13:26:07 Alice Hart rolls 4 to Perception (Wits 3 + Composure 3 -2) (10 Again) 6, 10, 3, 6, 8 2 successes
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

17. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread