Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Paper Trail) A Proposition

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Out in North Sacramento the city grew more worn down as the community became poorer. The level of disrepair grew; sidewalks became increasingly buckled and cracked; the frequency of abandoned or derelict lots grew. During the day this may have lent the area a certain aesthetic quality but the night tore away even this. Urban decay was here and it was real.

Amid the neglect stood a brick building. An overgrown hedge and garden wrestled with the buckling unvarnished fence. Behind the building, the lot had been reduced to gravel, dirt and muddy puddles. Yet the buildings doors and windows looked freshly reinforced and painted an uninviting black. Discreet cameras, secure in their housings, watched the approaches.

This was the lair of Marvyn Stax, who had chosen his urban fastness and fortified it against the city, the Kine, and even his fellow Kindred.

Stax walked within his haven, checking the setting and his chosen accoutrements with a practiced eye. Black lacquer and red leather for furnishings: a combination of rich carving and harsh minimalist lines; drapery imitated that found at Elysium; lush carpet muffled his foot steps. Here in his sanctum he was not Blushed; the tasteful lighting reflecting off his unnaturally pale skin; dead eyes glittered.

He was awaiting guests and he had a proposal for them.

MARVYN STAX
    Librettist of Clan Ventrue
    BP 1

Over to you Macavity Peter Byrne zapero12 Robert Cross @Unlimitedsink . There is one (1) slot open to any other player. First come first served.

2. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post
    P
    Peter Byrne

Peter had arrived early, but he had chosen not to announce himself, instead waiting on the porch for others to arrive. He had no intention of entering another vampire's haven alone without another, slower kindred to trip and feed to a potential aggressor while he made his escape. His body was cold and dead, despite the black turtleneck and gloves he wore. The extra bulwark of blood not spent on pretending to be a living thing would help him keep a hold on himself while meeting the other ticks that had been tempted or intrigued by Mr Stax's proposal. Beneath one arm is tucked an umbrella, in case there is another spring shower that blows in.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Out here, where money runs thin and the edges of the city start to fray, is where Cross feels most comfortable. Above ground at least. Out here, the world starts to show its true colors. Misery, decay, hopelessness. No lies, no pleasant stories.

Cross parks his Town Car up the block, pausing to wrap both his hunting knife and gun in shadows before setting out on foot. Takes him a moment to get it right, but it's worth the trouble. This situation comes with a lot of unknowns, though the prospect of hunters operating in Sacramento needs to be investigated.

ToS Rolls

As he approaches the house, Cross takes it in, noting what seem to be recent modifications. Also, the cameras. Decently mounted and surely watching.

The Burned man takes the steps to the porch, coming upon another dead man waiting. No Beast, but there's no mistaking a Pale without the make up on. A beat as Cross looks the Lick up and down. Pretty as a peach, sitting out here in the dead of night. He could sneer, but doesn't.

"You Stax?"

5. Likes liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax makes his way through this broken down part of the city with haste, this is not like his place of dwelling. Cool air rushes over his body while he speeds through the roads on his sports bike, then comes to a slow halt as he pulls in front of the place. Jax takes of his helmet and places it upon his bike and makes his way to the door.

Jax smiles as he greets the beasts before him. "Good evening Mr. Cross." Jax then moves his eyes up and down the other beast to discern him from the other and then comes to a realization, "Ahh.. And good evening to you cousin."

"Have either of you knocked yet to get Mr. Stax's attention?"

P
    Peter Byrne

Peter's gaze follows Robert as he approaches the house, and watches him as he performs his frank appraisal. He is silent for a long moment, before finally responding.

"No." The intake of air necessary to speak forces him to catch the reek of burnt hair and flesh that clings to him, and his nose crinkles in response. "Peter Byrne."

Jax's arrival is tracked by Peter's eyes like Robert's was, albeit with more latent hostility as predator recognized predator. "Jax Culmet. I've seen you at Court."

His eyes track from Jax to the door of the haven and back again at his question. "I thought to spare our host the difficulty of inviting unknown predators into his haven, only to leave them unobserved while he answers the door to let in the next bunch." A moment's work with a knife and suddenly a haven isn't as sun-proof as you expect it to be, and you'd never know it until it was too late. "And with the cameras, I'm sure Mr. Stax is already was aware of our presence."

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

"Robert Cross," he replies to Byrne. A name for a name. If Cross notices the slight reaction of the Shadow to his stench, he passes no comment.

The arrival of Jax, and his undisguised Beast, makes the Burned Man clench his teeth for a moment, as he passes through the fire of his own Monster.

"Mr. Culmet. Good evening."

Peter's explanation for lingering on the porch stands to reason. But there's no point in staying outside, exposed, any longer than they have to. And besides, Stax may be aware of their presence. But delaying their own announcement could be interpreted as a threat.

"Shall we, then?" The Haunt asks perfunctorily, before knocking smartly on the door.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Someone has been watching.

Within minutes of Cross's knock the door clangs open. Three bolts are worked and the door opens smoothly. Stax is there to greet them.

"Welcome friends. Please feel free to enter my home."

His words are hollow. It takes an effort from the Daeva to stand to one side given the Beast oozing from Jax.

Once the party is inside, their host carefully locks his door and leads them upstairs to a carefully prepared parlour. Stax likes a dark ambient aesthetic, it would seem, with tastefully low light and shadow; dark lacquer gleams in the artfully constructed gloom.

"Please take a seat, gentlemen. I would offer you refreshment but I am afraid I do not have a herd to spare for such things." He gestured to the arrangement of chairs and a sofa around a coffee table. On the table were some manila folders and paperwork, all magnificently laid out.

"I have met Mister Culmet before at Court but I believe introductions are in order for the rest of us. I am Mister Marvyn Stax of Clan Ventrue." No mention of his Covenant but perhaps the way he addressed himself gave that away. "And I have a proposition for you."

He moved smoothly to a seat.

"Friends, I have evidence that a pair of Hunter's are active within the Domain. As luck would have it they are not hunting us this time; it would seem they are tracking down a book seller of some description. These Hunters have been active in San Francisco and I know of their skill so the longer they stay in town the greater the chance they may pick up our scent. So I offer you the opportunity to deal with this potential danger. I would look into this myself but I suspect I may be compromised: I believe this pair know of my Sire... and by extension, me." There was not a hint of irony in his voice.

He pushed some folders across the table.

MARVYN STAX
    Librettist of Clan Ventrue
    BP 1

z
    zapero12

Jax takes his step inside and follows the acquaintance he had met at court. When they make their way into the what looks like the common room Jax takes a seat. "Lovely home you have Mr. Stax. I'm guessing all you know and that we need to know are in these?"
    And with his gesture toward the folders Jax grabs one and begins to read Ahhh. New information. What puzzles lie ahead I wonder?

P
    Peter Byrne

Peter follows the collection of monsters inside silently.

"Peter Byrne, Mekhet." A lovely home, Jax says. Peter can not agree, because the haven of Mister Marvyn Stax of Clan Ventrue was built for predation. To Peter, everything reeked of his hunger, the sound devouring plush carpet, the artificial gloom, the barred windows, the entire aesthetic screamed that this was a place where Marvyn brought food to be ambushed and consumed. Part of him was appalled. Part of him took notes. His hunger threatened violence.

"How very fortunate for the Domain that you uncovered this risk, in it's infancy," Peter says mildly as he picks up one of the folders with a gloved hand to examine. "With your intimate knowledge of these hunters, what do you suspect is their interest in this bookseller?"

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross counts the bolts as they're drawn back. Well. Safety first.

"Good evening," he responds to Stax. A new Beast. A new explosion of rage, scorching Cross's flesh, his soul. The Monster is shoved back in its cage. For now.

Stax's haven is given close scrutiny as they pass through. He wouldn't call it lovely. But, he's accustomed to gloom that isn't so artfully constructed.

The Burned Man takes one of the proffered seats. A nod is given to their host, in response to his introduction. "Robert Cross. Nosferatu Whip."

"Yes. Very lucky," he says, picking up Peter's thread. It's this 'intimacy' that concerns him. "And what exactly do you mean: they know your sire?"

Scarred hands open one of the folders, though his eyes stay on Stax.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread