Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Taped flyers Stately invitations had been issued for the Obrimos scattered across the River City to gather.

While he waited, Ye Councilor of them all puttered through the building on his beat-up Honda GSX. A crew neck sweater topped an Oxford with sleeves cuffed and khakis. Slicked back hair and glasses completed University!Jack and aside from the whole riding a motorcycle through a church cathedral minor detail he might have been anyone anywhere.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Xander, liked this post
    Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

(SV(1$) UA(2$) Failed DM$(Artifact mana))Mana 5 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bolide had been looking forward to this meeting while also being a little bit nervous. On one hand it was nice to get to know people you had things in common with, and the Watchtowers certainly gave common tools to their scions. On the other hand though, he was the atheist in a gathering of possible or confirmed Jesus freaks. That was your real life stranger in a foreign land right there.

Bolide entered the Circle like he had during Concilium, only there was no leather jacket this time. He didn't view the people he was meeting as threatening, so his magic hoodie was out in the open with his regular black t shirt, boots, and blue jeans. Also as usual, his entrance was marked by the subtle pulse of magic, only for the casts to be masked from Sight almost immediately.

As he watched Star drive around the Circle on his motorcycle, the Apostate gave a wave. A smirk started growing as amusement began to dance across his face. Part of him thought about breaking out his Matter sight to scan the bike despite his failed cast a moment earlier, but he decided to leave it be. He had already burned enough mana for basic spellwork, he didn't need to add anymore. His attention lingered on the bike as it made it's way through the unconventional off road, and eventually Bolide makes his way towards the pews for a seat.

Unseen Aegis Potency 1$, Supernal Vision Potency 2$
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-19 21:27:07 Bolide rolls 4 to Improvised and cloaked Supernal Vision (Mana from Artifact)(Prime+Gno) (10 Again) 10, 1, 2, 6, 10, 5 2 successes
    2017-04-19 21:26:41 Bolide rolls 4 to Improvised and Cloaked Unseen Aegis (Mana from Artifact)(Matter+Gnosis-1retry) (10 Again) 5, 9, 2, 1 1 success
    2017-04-19 21:25:56 Bolide rolls 5 to Improvised and Cloaked Unseen Aegis (Mana from Artifact)(Matter+Gnosis) (10 Again) 1, 6, 7, 1, 5 failure

Bolide casts cloaked spells again. Wits+Occult-1 to notice his armor, Wits+Occult-2 to notice sight.

4. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

Marguerite arrives shortly after, having the cab drop her off similarly to the last time and giving her time to walk the rest of the way. She'd worn simple jeans, a white button up blouse, and long white linen jacket. As she arrived to the sounds of a motorcycle cutting through the calm of the churchyard, she raised an eyebrow. A series of contorting gestures from her fingers set a glowing glyph to settle on her eyes.

Oh -- it is not ritual then. Hm.

She'd offer her own smile and wave before heading the rest of the way inside to join Bolide. "Pleasure to see you again, Bolide. Anything of note happening in your neck of things?" She offered in polite greeting as she took her own seat nearby.

Supernal Vision 1$
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-20 14:53:27 Marguerite rolls 7 to cast Supernal Vision rote (10 Again) 5, 5, 9, 6, 1, 7, 5 1 success

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

Another roaring engine could be heard from afar as the priest rides toward the Circle on his Harley Davidson. As he (now) always does, he parks his baby by the meeting area. Michael is wearing a pair of jeans, a brown jacket and a dark red sweater underneath and black biker boots. He gets off of the bike and removes the helmet revealing a stern look behind the pair of glasses. His locks are arranged in his usual ponytail. A bag hangs on his left shoulder.

Before approaching the group, he locks the helmet to the handlebar with a steel wire lock. The trio get a silent nod from him as he does so. Michael was uncertain if he should even come after what happened during their last meeting. His display was shameful and his reaction afterwards even more so. A heavy sigh came before he finally spoke, unzipping the bag.

"Brought some wine... Cabernet Sauvignon 1988... Didn't really know if there would be anything to drink." He hands the green bottle filled with the red-purplish drink inside to their Councilor. "It's almost in its best. About three decades is perfect for this kind of wine. "

He don't even bother to tune on his magic sense. It doesn't seem necessary.. yet.

7. Likes Xander, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The bike sputtered to a stop. Despite the age and ragged edges of torn fiberglass fairings, it sounded well maintained. He slid off with a creak and perched on the back of a pew.

Curious blue-ish eyes flickered over Marguerite. Not because hotness, although hotness, but because Bolide and Michael were at Fight Club so he knew them better. Or not knew them slightly less.

"So, like. Hi. Everyone. We've met, I'm Star. That's short for The Last Starfighter, feel free to call me whatever. Anyway? Among other things you may want to talk about," and that he probably didn't care about, "I just wanted to say I'd, like, be stepping down, retiring, blah blah, from Councilor. So this is my two weeks and you all can, you know. Pick someone else."

His eyes had finally settled on Michael. Feel that? It's a faint niggling that he should say something Councilor-like, about the guy's behavior. Trash talking. Fight club. It's kind of a train wreck, yo. Whatever.

Eventually the guy would square off more than he could circle.
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Xander liked this post
    Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

"And you as well." The Apostate smiled back to Marguerite. Every time they had seen each other she had been polite, add in her beauty and grace and she was a hard person not to smile at. "Meeting people, trying not to be the city recluse, same stuff on a different day."

Michael got a silent nod of approval as he approached and presented the wine. Bolide didn't drink any kind of alcohol, but from what his fellow Apostate was saying he had acquired something good to share. At least after three decades of waiting one would hope it was good at least. When he presented it to Star and the Councilor didn't accept it Bolide's mouth collapsed into a thinly pressed line as his eyes went wide and turned to Marguerite. Awk-ward.

"So we need a new Councilor." Bolide reiterated, glad to move on to the next subject. "I'd say let Marguerite have it. She's a Ladder, so she presumably knows the rules. She's been polite, cordial, and open minded in what I've seen of her dealings. She also clearly turns heads better then anyone in this room. That'll help get her voice, and by extension our voices, heard."

11. Bump West "Bump" this post
    M
    Marguerite

She chuckled, a light tittering sound, to Bolide's return greeting. "Good, I am glad you are finding your way around. An ivory tower may be beautiful, but it's no fun with no one to share it with, no?"

She watched Michael hand over the bottle and her head tilted just a hair. She couldn't tell if it was a gift or a bribe, if there ever was a difference. Still, she was impressed by its decent age and his knowledge of it. "How thoughtful Michael, I hadn't even considered. We will have to find some cups." Paper Dixie brand would still be better than swigging straight from the tap in her mind.

A slight frown began to form as Star mentioned his leaving the position. She may have wanted to pry as to the why, but then Bolide's nomination of her brushed the concern into surprise. A smile returned and she bowed her head briefly with the praise. "Thank you, Bolide, truly. That is most kind of you. I am very pleased that I could make such an impression and it would be an honor to represent you all as best I can." She looked back to Star and offered, "Councilor Star has already given a wonderful sense of how welcoming the Consilium is, I do hope whatever charms I may have could do it justice."

She turned to Michael. It may not be by too terribly much, but he had seniority over her. "Would that be acceptable to you, Michael? I would not want to start my duties with bad blood. If you wish for it too, I am sure we can settle quickly enough." She looked between them all, "A simple casting, something we can both perform. Whomever Councilor Star judges as most skilled will take on the title." She'd had some trouble when she first arrived, and was far from Archmage status, but it seemed better than a coin flip at least.

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

"I'm sure they have glasses somewhere around here..." he zips the backpack closed and hangs it back on his right shoulder.

He rises his brows to Star's words. Just as he was getting used to have him as a Councilor...

"Stepping down, really? Well, that's some surprising news..." he folds his arms in a defensive stance, hopping that no one would try to put this weight onto his back. He contains a frown as Maguerite almost does so.

"Oh, no, no. Feel free to don this mantle, I have no interest in it whatsover."

The magus lets out a sigh of relief. Wonderful that someone was willing to take on the responsibilty.

"...Star, what about the cups? You know he Circle better than the three of us, do you know if there's glasses for us to drink? Consider this a makeshift valedictory."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"How 'bout I say 'no' and consider it a makeshift lesson in preparation?"

Ta-da. Made a funny, yo. All the other Bee Ess aside? Playing waiter for Apostates is pretty low on the to-do list. As in, not even on it. And if Marguerite hasn't even had a Thearch sit-down in their area, welp. Welcome to Sacramento. Learn to fish, quit asking for crab salad.

Bluish eyes blink at Marguerite. Congrats. Won the hotness vote.

"So."

Because now it's her meeting.
    - Roald Dahl

M
    Marguerite

She gives a final look to each of them as Michael passed the title as well. "Then it is settled." When called, the faithful rise. She stood and positioned herself to address them all, hands folded primly together before her. "I am honored and will represent you all to my fullest."

"But we are Obrimos. We each wield a light that no title can match. I do hope that though I may have taken on this position, that we can be true with one another. I may be Councillor now, in front of the others, but only we can truly understand what it means to have heard the voice of God." She didn't think that such things were a matter of faith, though that was the hue of magic to her, when they each wielded the blessing of the Aether.

With that she swept her platinum hair over her shoulders. She kept that light smile, even as her voice was tinged with sharp new purpose, "In that spirit, I would like to hear how you each plan to honor our Path in the coming months." She thought it would do well to prime such a call with her own path ideal, "I myself will be situating myself among our flock, the innocent Sleepers, to better protect and tend to those souls ready to face enlightenment."

She looked to Star, "Obviously, you are already the jewel of our crown. However, in your new freedom, if there are efforts you require aid with, know that you have my full support. Both as member of the Consilium and as a Councilor that will enforce the same of all." Her smile widened and she cast it back to Bolide and Michael, "Though I doubt much enforcing is required in such matters." She certainly hoped not anyway. She was enjoying being at the front of the class, but she had no threatening ruler to smack on a table if they got rowdy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread