Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Open) Moving Parts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yep, yep. Your heals are noice." a snort. "I mean it, and sure. If you wanna get some sparing practice in sure. I'm game. You can beat me up. Or I could beat you up." a shrug, "Or we could as the Talons for help with the beating each other up thang."

Chariot lays out his learnings and Tuesday's head's a'bobbing. "Nice. From our spare. I'm sure you've figured out I like punching things. I am shit with a knife. But fuck, if I need to." shrug, "I have some uh-dealings, sure lets call it dealing - with guns. Avis started teaching me how to fire a bow. I have one. Not super great at that either. But." shrug. "Leanin'." she almost always doesn't say 'pew, pew' when she fires anymore. A few slip out. She's not perfict. And that's okay.

Tuesday couldn't help herself. She laughed. Hard. "Ha-dude-hah-Don't you get it? Guns are messy. You might not get messed, but they leave horrifying, crippling. Yeah. And fatal wounds. And are illegal to carry unless you have the paper work, or you magic them gone to Sleeper sight. And a silenced pistol? You gonna carry that 24/7? Yeah, right. And a fucking baseball bat? So you wanna bash someone so thoroughly, that their faces cave in, their bones snap and they bleed on the inside. But as long as it doesn't get on you. Then it's okay? Fuck. That. That's not how Souls work. Anything you do stains them, chips away at them. It doesn't fucking matter if you don't get obviously messy. Your Soul still feels it." She was the only Guardian they had and now she had to deal with this little idiot. Who apparently thought that it's only when the blood gets on him, that causes damage to his Soul.

Fuck a duck.

Head shake and pure magic.

Laid back to vitriol and back again in a blink of an eye.

"Yeah. Zombie Apocalypse. Happened here, back in oh nine. Park Wars? Ringing any bells? Didn't Campy brief you on your new Consilium's history?" Wow. When you're dealing with the Ar Dubya, you kinda needed to tell the newbies what they were getting into. But then again. You didn't wanna scare 'em off. "Astral. Zombies. Necromancer. Connection." a brow raises, fingers come up miming as she says, "Snip, snip."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West, Macavity liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"Shut up!" Chariot exclaims, beaming at Tuesday and then Thrope and back to Tuesday excitedly. "Thrope, she does Archery! That's fucking spectacular."

But Chariot makes a scrunchy face at the 'witty reinforcement' comment. It kind of makes him think that maybe Oculus is looking down on him? "Sure, I'll examine the place with you dude." Chariot wasn't going to get on his case about security plans of long term Sanctums. Sancti? Whatever the plural of Sanctum was.

And then he goes on with some sort of problem he has with knives while eyeballing the two Arrows in the room? Chariot glances over to Thrope, silently asking if he heard what Chariot heard coming out of Oculus' mouth. He finds himself nodding at pretty much everything that he says. After Thrope says his piece, Chariot holds out a fist towards him to exchange the dap of camaraderie shared between two warriors being talked down to by a librarian. "Dude, Oculus, you can just say you don't want to get blood on your clothes. You aren't an Arrow, I won't give you shit over it." He spreads his hands, cause come on. Chariot figures everyone says stupid shit sometimes. This was Oculus' saying stupid shit freebie. And maybe he needed it, because everyone else was taking him to task.

He flashes a pair of thumbs up at Oculus. "And hey, don't worry about the dry cleaning. I got spells for that stuff." Maybe a little shit.

"But anyway, yeah Faye. Don't worry about it. Thrope and I have our ritualistic Arrow chest thumping backed by machismo and tradition we have to do, but we can also practice with you. No biggie," Chariot smiles, "there's plenty of me to go around for beating up."

"Just, you know." He gestures to his face. "Not the face. Unless you promise to heal me up. We need a pretty one in the cabal and I'm willing to throw myself on the sword for you all, but I can't do that if you mess my face up too much."

You know if we wrap up here soon we can timeskip into cabal social threads...
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

4. Likes West, liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Now, that's fucking perfect. Not only did he manage to convince at least three people that he's a wimpy coward afraid of blood, but judging by the expression Chariot's made, the Arrow thinks he is being made fun of. It seems his academic skills are not the only ones in desperate need of honing.

But maybe, just maybe, the situation can still be saved.

"Great! Another set of eyes is always good, and any holes will need to be actually patched for this to pay off. Which is where your crafting skills and Matter magic comes in." A sincere look on his face towards the Moros.

Hoping a crisis is averted, he turns to Tuesday, whose laugh still rings in his ears, and then to Thrope. Then a quick glance to the Thyrsus Councilor.

"Okay, from the top. Yes, guns require permits, but that doesn't mean you cannot get one without the paper trail, nor that you have to sleep with one under your pillow. And like baseball bats, they do not need to be used to kill. Seriously, you don't need to crush someone's skull untill it turns to Jell-O to out someone in a fight. Guns, especially big guns, can also double as a blunt weapon, not to mention their threatening value is much greater than that of a knife, because the latter usually doesn't shoot lead at high velocity. And to address the blood issue - a bullet wound is much smaller and causes less bleeding than a cut or a stab, because the whole point of a gun is to cause internal damage, whereas knives target blood vessels right under the skin." He wonders what effect this little tirade will have on them, if any. It can't be much worse than it already is... or can't it?

"But whatever. Let's just keep to our fighting style of choice. After all, there's power in synergy." If they didn't acknowledge the validity of his stance, then the best move would be to cut the topic and seal it away. With his whole being he tries to send a message that he treats this as a difference of opinion rather than a big deal-breaker.

"Campy? Oh, you mean Campanella. Well, he mentioned, among other things, that you are planning to jump to 2009, but he didn't say anything about any zombies. But if you think that scares me then damn are you wrong."
    Out ofthe three Councilors Oculus's met so far, Tuesday was behaving the most Councilor-y of them all. Oculus wondered for a moment, if her attitude is dictated by concern for the community, a need to establish dominance or insecurity. Or maybe a mix of all those.

I'm also good with pulling the brakes here, we can always pick up in other threads

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a chuckle, “Well, I know I might need help with the whole beating someone up part of that. Though I do have more spells at my disposal that will hurt you, I’m just not used to having spells to do that. So it’s kinda weird.” She wasn’t the Mage in a fight to cause pain, she was the one to give luck and shift the odds.

Wow, she didn’t know Avis had been teaching her to use a bow. “Damn, not often you see people using bows. But Avis with a bow is just freakin’ amazing. Looking forward to seeing you kick some ass with one.” Like she said, she was learning, but Faye knew with enough training and Luck, Tuesday was gonna kick some serious ass.

A hand waves, and the Shaman shrugs as the talk continues about weapons and blood. “Guess blood’s never bothered me. I’ve dealt with it from injuries, both mine and other performers. But, whatever.” She wasn’t getting into it anymore, having said her peace already.

Nodding, “It was quite the fight back then, least from what I’ve heard.” Would they fare any better? She wasn’t sure.

Smirking to Chariot, “Hell, I’ve removed blood from clothes with a mixture of a few different things. Never tried magic though, might have to tell me the secret to that one.” Which Arcana would that be?

“Oh, you want to be the pretty one?” there was a grin followed by a laugh, “I can work some Life up and help you with that if you want.” She says, obviously teasing and joking with him.

“Yes, you can get one without the paperwork. But I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to caught with an illegal firearm on me. But, I’m no gun expert, so I’m gonna bow out of this.” She said her peace on it, clearly everyone here had an opinion on it. And wait…wouldn’t a gunshot also damage blood vessels? “So gunshots avoid blood vessels?” her hands were then held up, “Sorry, said I was gonna bow out of the conversation about guns.” Yup, this was Faye shutting her mouth and avoiding an argument. Especially cause she didn’t know a whole lot about them. Expect that they could be loud and do some damage.

Nodding, “I agree. You guys do your weapons and I’ll patch you up!” the smile returned.

“Time hopping is always a scary task. The uncertainty scares the shit out of me. I know for a fact what happens when mistakes are made and things are changed. And it should scare you to some extent. Going back in time is not something to be taken lightly, and while I’m not an Acanthus anymore, I can still appreciate how delicate a time line is. The very Tapestry of our lives and those around us can be unraveled with a single thread. I also know we can handle it and will do what we have to do to protect and preserve things. But if you’re not scared, then that should worry the rest of us. I’ve never fought real zombies in real life, it’s an unknown and the unknown is scary to people. Nothing wrong with it, nothing to be ashamed of, it just is. Or is it the zombies that don't scare you?”

I'm good whenever you guys are

7. Likes West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

A fist slides out and bumps Chariots. Feels good. But Faye's line. The Arrow frowns. "I'm sorry for bringing it up. I have a large ..family back home and if things spread to them I'd tell being civil to fuck off." Even though they had told him to get out.

"Hey man, just don't underestimate someone with a knife. All I'm saying. Though as a Thyrsus you should be good there as long as you can run. Like Chariot said you're not an Arrow, bleeding isn't what you do." Was that ever really explained to Thrope? Not really. Did it matter? Nope, bleeding was something he'd done on and off for years.

"....So you did change Paths....I was under the impression that not even Masters of Time can accomplish that." Thrope can't help but grin and shake his head. "Ok officially more than a bit scared of this now but hey, gotta do it.

Sorry for the delay! Good to wrap

9. Likes West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

A shout of shut up normally doesn't go with a beaming face.

"Well I try. I figured I wanted to get to know my Talon Cabal-broettes I could arrow. Like with a bow. But Fisher was a gun gal, so it turned into an Avis and me thang. Which. I'm super not great with a bow. But. Yeah. Again. Learnin'." a beat. "Ohhhhh yeah. There's totally places to train in the Theater, since the rooms are theaters where movies were shown, it's all sound proof. So yeah. There's a range. Ish."

So, for the Indy-lite who should be at least a little alright with blood and dust and gore and bones and shit. Meaning both shit and stuff. But it seemed like Chariot has put Dick into a noncombatant role in his brain. Which Dick probably was. Since. Yeah. Not going over that again. But Tuesday was still worried. Because. Souls don't work like that. She was gonna have to get that water gun to get him to Rit and to not be an idiot. Sigh. When she said yes to Star she thought it would be more 007 and less worrying about All the Things.

And when Dick kept on about the weapons and not the anything that had Tuesday all growly, she realized that yes. She would totally have to devote some Serious Time to worry over the state of the Spirit Dick's Soul. Because yes. Idiotic. Blind. Deaf. Dick.

"Bastille. We went there. When everything was goin' down. Had to stop Seers from grabbin' a thing. The thing, an Obelisk...it sorta, but not any sorta about it, exploded. There were ripples. Big Ones. Changed enough things that while Faye still Awoke, she didn't walk the Thistle twisted path with me anymore. Only Faye the peeps on the trip remember her Acanthusness, and the peeps who didn't go only know her as a Shaman. Which...uh. I don't think there's anymore of them around." She honestly couldn't remember who else hadn't come through that trip other then Star. And him. remembering goneness. Made her a droopy unicorn.

I'm good to wrap too, I can't wait to get into some fun Cabal scenes!
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

11. Likes West liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Nice scene, thank you everyone
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread