Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Open) Moving Parts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

On Campanella's advice, Chariot had come to the Circle of Creation to observe the strange, complicated mechanism embedded in the Westminster Cosmati Pavement. The scales of Stygia could grind down the value and worth of the the most complex arrangement of matter down to the furthest decimal point, but this mystery eluded the measurment abilities of his Sight, returning fluctuating values like INFINITE and FORTY TWO CENTS and THE DREAMS OF YOUR FATHER and 30 SHEKELS OF SILVER and GOOD INTENTIONS and AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION and A BIRD IN THE HAND and...

With a grunt, Chariot tore his gaze away to look up at the ceiling and shook his limbs to drive out the lead weights that made them feel dead. He must have been staring at that thing for hours.
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday come to the Circle for some more meditation. Since. Stuff. Big Ess. Little ess. And all the Esses in between.

Bu it looks like she isn't the only one drawn here by the constant tick-tock-tick.

Or. Since not-Acanthus. Maybe it was just because the mechanism was pretty to look at.

Padding over to the Talon, Tuesday pops her head into his line of sight.

"Boo."

She pulls away, and plops her ass down next to him.

"'Sup?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With the weather finally warming up, Faye decided to go for a walk. Where her destination was, she wasn’t sure, but she had to get out of her loft. With her iPod in, she walked around the city before finding herself at the Circle. Deciding it couldn’t hurt to stop by and see if anyone was kicking around, she walks in.

She dressed for the walk in a pair of cut off shorts and a sleeveless sweater. For something new, she even added a hat!

And to her luck, there was a wild Tuesday spotting! She’d been meaning to call the Unicorn and see if she wanted to hang out sometime, but had dropped the ball.

And look at that, a new face!

A hand was raised as she made her way over to the two, “Hey Tuesday!” greets the Shaman with a grin.

Blue eyes shift to the new guy, “Hi, haven’t seen you around here before.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

Chariot starts at the surprise, putting his arms up and hunching over to eat a strike if one is coming. When an attack is not forthcoming, he wearily lowers his defensive pose to case the situation. "Oh, sorry Tuesday. You startled me." He glances down quickly to the points where he had struck her the last time they met. "Your injuries doing okay?" A hopeful lilt to his voice at the question.

At Tuesday's question he gestures and glances down at the mechanism (...A PRETTY PENNY and AN ARM AND A LEG and A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP and...) before he drags his dazed attention back up to Tuesday. "Campanella suggested I look at what he called the Mechanism. It's making me consider the difference between something without value and something who's value can't be measured?" Chariot shrugs, his voice questioning. "It's not worthless, but it's like mainlining a migraine trying to figure out what it's worth with my Sight."

"Oh, well that makes sense," Chariot says to the confident newcomer. "I haven't met a lot of people around here yet. I'm Chariot, new to the city."

Recognition failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-19 13:35:10 Chariot rolls 8 to Recognition (Wits 3 + Composure 3 + Fame 2) (10 Again) 3, 5, 3, 6, 3, 6, 7, 1 failure

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"That. I could see." totally wry sort of voice, "Also." hazels eye the arms. "Glad you're not the attack first sort." because. That would suck. "Yeah. I'm good. Star took care of the worst of it." She dose a little stretch to prove the unicorn's in top shape.

"Ahhhh." sage nod. It's impressive. "It's...something. Isn't it?" hazels trace back towards the Clock, and she feels the beginnings of the thrumming tick-tock-tick start up again.

Faye's vibrant self arrives, braking the memorizing rhythm, causing Tuesday wonders if this was a Fate thing.

"Lady Faye hey~" a sing-song voice, just because she can. "Sup?"

Looking between the Necromancer and the Shaman, Tuesday decides to be the bestest and introduce them. Because awkwardly staring at each other wasn't fun. Well. Sometimes it was. When you weren't one of the ones staring, but watching the staring. Kinda like how she was now.

Hmm. Thoughts. She had them.

"Chariot, Moros Talon. Faye. Thearch, and Shaman Councilor."

There.

Thoughts to action!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The friendly smile remains, “Ah, well nice to meet you Chariot, welcome.” New faces were always fun. Well, unless they were jerks, but even then, that could be fun. “How’s the city treating you so far?”

Ah, a Talon, thinks the Shaman when Tuesday explains the new guy a little more.

“And Lady huh? My titles just keep improving, gonna have to keep you around!” she says with a grin to the Unicorn, “And yup, that’s me. Shaman, Thearch and local caffeine addict.” There was other stuff, but it wasn’t important right now.

“How you been Tuesday, anything exciting going on?” she asks, finding a seat and taking the hat off. Cause in a building that is kinda a church. A hand absently rakes through her hair.

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

"Thanks, Councilor." Chariot greets Faye with a respectful little salute after the introductions. "Nothing's eaten me yet, so I'd say it's treating me pretty good." His eyes light up after a second, and he grins. "I found this place that sells this thing called 'bubble tea'? It's pretty awesome, they put these chewy little tapioca balls in this milky tea drink. After trying that I have to admit California isn't that bad."

"Either of you have any tips on stuff to do in Sacramento?" Chariot is clearly not what you'd call cosmopolitan, but that doesn't mean he isn't ready to give it a good shake.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Wwwookay.

Chariot's weirdly formal.

"Ha, yeah. Not getting nom'd is always a good thing." a lopsided grin, then a laugh at Moros' happy discovery of bubble tea. "Yeah it's pretty good. I like 'em with lychee. Makes it sweeter." Also after this. Getting some.

"So. You totally let this out in the open and everything, but new to California...so. Where were you before here?"

"In true acanthus style, I wander around until something fun happens." Another grin, "Or I head out, find a corner, or a park and busk. The tips are nice."

The unicorn heaves out a gusty sigh, "Well...I don't know if you know yet, but Avis and Star are leaving." it still hurt to think about. She understood moving on, but she'd miss them, even if Stuff made everything confusing. "And on a completely different but somehow the same topic, I thought Thrope was supposed to meet me here."

Hazels look around the space and sees quite clearly that the other Shaman was here yet.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Whoa, Councilor. Even though that was what she was, it still sounded weird. Leadership had never been her strong suit. “Faye works just fine.” She replies with a grin.

“Not sure we have things that eat Mages, least not that we’ve found yet. So you not finding one is even better.” She adds with a joking tone. “Bubble tea?” she asks, obviously not knowing what it was. “Can’t say I’ve tried it, more of a coffee person myself, but it does sound like fun. Might have to try it sometime.” Why not.

“Stuff to do?” she looks to Tuesday as she talks about busking and having luck help her find things. “Well, there’s a big club scene here if you’re into that. Personally I’m either training or refurbishing some type of furniture. Probably not the most exciting huh?” she asks with a laugh, “That aside, there is lots to do depending on what you’re into.”

Had she been drinking something, she would have totally just spit it out. "Whoa whoa, hold on a second there! They're leaving?! When did this happen?" she was just starting to enjoy being around Avis and was looking forward to getting to know her better. And learning from her...now they were leaving?! Not cool.

15. Likes West liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

[5R] Dark Matter

"Okay." It seems a little weird that two Councilors are good with not being recognized as Councilors, but that's the least weird thing in this room this very minute. Chariot rolls with it. "I'm from Indiana. Cornfields, Hell Is Real signs in the Cornfields, drive your tractor to school days." Growing up with things made them seem normal. Like calling 'soda' pop. You don't think something might be weird until you move to a place where it isn't normal.

"I think I need more structure than 'wander around until something happens," he apologizes to Tuesday. Because while he isn't trying to shoot the idea down, he doesn't see that working for him. "I like active things and I'm looking at some classes. Clubs sound neat, there was only one bar back home and it wasn't really my scene. Furniture Restoration as a hobby sounds like it has a story behind it."

Chariot makes polite facial expressions at the talk Star and Avis leaving. He didn't really know either of them, but it did explain why the First Talon had been so difficult to get a hold of.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread