Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Flawed Souls

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I'll teach you some memory tricks, if you want."

He had a house of cards. Couldn't. Even. Guess. What her memory palace would be. Nods went along with her musings. Some questions. Of course. It was lot to process. In some ways, it was a gift. An Illusion, crafted for her, to digest and turn over and question while she processed the deaths. Some things happen in moments. Others take time.

"There's lots more. I'll teach you a little every day,"
    he reassured her.

"Willow."
    It was one of those names that just fit. You'd never guess it, but as soon as you heard it, it sounded right. The rest? He didn't know what to say. Telling someone that if not for someone else, they'd be the one? Sounded awful. No matter how true, and even if there were only two he'd ever think that about. Especially when while really, really wanting to kiss them again. And Stuff. Hadn't expected her to reciprocate, or been baiting for it. Just wanted her to know, in the becoming, he'd be there. "And I'll always listen. Sometimes a Guardian is the only one that would understand."

Speaking of? He exhaled.

"Also, there's this other little, ummm. Kind of thing I should tell you about. That's kind of a rule I haven't been super good about." To put it mildly. "So. Guardians kind of frown on personal relationships? Get in the way, conflict of interest, blah blah. But you kinda need to know in case... Well. In case you run into another Guardian and they want to hook up. Because that's kind of a thing. Guardians hooking up with each other for the super casual to, uh. Decompress."

Was he blushing. Nope. Nobody in this house had ever hooked up in the middle of a park with another Guardian. And it's totally not an awkward topic because Stuff.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yes. I want." definite nod. Serious Unicorn over here. If her memory was going to be a big thing with this new dealio, she'd totally need to beef hers up.

a lot to remember. even if there would be more she'd want to forget.

"Good." a nod, and a nerves filled swallow, "And I kinda already figured. Since." leaving a newbie Guardian to flounder....yeah. Let's not. Also. Probably against the rules.

She bites her lip, hazels searching an angel's face.

She feels weird. Was this is weird? This was totally weird.

for the first time in a long time she likes the way her name sounds

"You're listening skills. Up there with your baking ones." smile, with shades of troubled hazels. "I'm starting to get that."

Confused because sigh. Why sigh? What more could there be to make Star sigh? How horrible-oh.

She's totally not blushing either. Nope. The back of her neck isn't on fire. It's not traveling to her ears, and her cheeks and her chest.

A thought.

Then the warmth (that totally wasn't there) goes cold.

Was Stuff. Stuff. Or was it a moment to decompress that spiraled into awkward?

"Uh-that's-ah. Good to know..."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I, uh. Just brought it up because, like. Some Guardians kind of take it for granted. That, you know."

You know. That it's going down. So much not the topic. Said. Done.

"Ummmm. So. Anyway? Probably not a thing, since, like. I don't know. Not many Guardians show up here. We had a couple for a while, but. Sac's kind of a weird place. Little bit of the wild West, and jumping on people about 'dox is kind of hard when half the time they're just defending themselves."

Some Guardians treat the Abyss as the be-all, end-all. Every group's god bad apples. The military calls them REMFs, those peeps that flutter around Consilium, finger pointing. Probably never gone toe to toe with a legit baddie. Armchair quarterbacks.

"Me? I think we can come in two flavors. Like carrots and sticks. Do as I do, not as I say?"
    She'd be better at that than him. Brighter. More inspiring. Maybe not when not splotchy and messy. "Nothing good ever came from fear."

Think about that. And that's how most Guardians are seen.

"At some point,"
    long fingers splayed out, as if he were telling a story, and imagination sparked in his eyes. "Think about it. The Diamond believed in us, entrusted us, to be the spiritual leaders and judges of the Diamond. A belief so strong it became Gold. What if we could be something more than we are now? What we used be, and were meant to be? Not to punish Sin, but enable them to aspire and achieve their best selves?"

He'd tried. Even when called upon to sentence Striker, he hadn't punished him.

" And I am fascinated by the spiritual man, I'm humbled by his humble nature...,"
    he sang softly. "And that's the kind of Guardian you can be."
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Uh-okay. Now. I-ah. Know. That. Guardians and casual." expect for Star.

...and Tuesday.

This unicorn was kinda like a swan.

(but she hadn't found anyone to swan with. expect the star with confusing stuff and feels who had his avis-swan already.)

"Is a thing. To-ah. Know."

Head nods. It's fast. Time to move on. Carry the conversation in the onward direction!

"That I kinda noticed. The lack of Guardians thing. Just a little bit. Since you. And the urban cowboy that went overboard and literally no one cared." more nodding, but softer. Less speedy to move on, but understanding, "Yeah. I get it. There's you. And I bet the urban cowboy was the other flavor. Since. Literally no one cared." hazels shadowed with memories. "...yeah. Fear sucks. Living it. It. No. Nothing good. Ever."

More head shaking. Distance.

Oh look Star-words and fingers and sparking eyes.

Oh.

Oh wow.

Ignoring the next line in the song because Stuff and feels.

(What I wouldn't give to find a soulmate)

Focusing on the words and the meaning and what Star thought of her. Of what she could be, and what she could do.

"Really?" a beat "Also. Pride thing. Not helping that." a laugh. "But yeah. I want to be. More. To help people be better." 'cause if she's doing that, then doing what she'll do, to make everything better, would be so worth it.

8. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Something dark touched greenish eyes and the mop shook slightly at the mention of July.

That guy.

Whoever had passed him on his Veils had to have been just as insane. For a while? He'd thought it was an act. But it wasn't.

"We need Guardians like that, because... I think some Guardians are just looking for an excuse, you know? A badge to hide behind, and be able to do the things they want to do." Most people are like that. The ones in authority were the worst. "Somewhere along the way some people get twisted about means and ends Bee Ess. Because they start thinking the 'ends' are the wrong thing. They stop Seeing."

The world, and then themselves. And July? Best for him, disappearing off that boat. Saved this Angel from making him disappear.

"Just do me a favor, okay? Remember this. Whenever you're wondering about what you're doing and what kind of Guardian you can be."
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Star had seen Tuesday's hazels in many different ways.

Heart on sleeve. Plucky Tuesday's your gal.

But as he continues he sees those hazels in a whole new light.

It's not pretty.

Her jaw clenches, and her soft smile transforms into something hard.

She didn't care about July, because apparently no one did. But to know that about him...well. Now Tuesday's glad he'd gone overboard on the Titanic.

A firm nod.

"I'm not going to be like that." a declaration if there ever was one. "I wont be." there's a definite 'and you can't make me' in her stance.

Then the rest of the Star words filter through.

"I'll remember." she nods, then she looks up into his greenish blueish eyes, "I promise. I wont ever be like-"

She cuts herself off. But Star knows she'd been running from Bad Stuff.

It's not that hard to put two and two together.

12. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread