Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Blood & the Gas Station

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Mairsil Petrov was too high-class to be in a place like this; dingy, dirty, and degenerate were all correct adjectives that described the Flying-J truck stop he happened to be in. His fingers ran through thick black hair attached to his scalp, scratching, trying to remember why he came here. Something about some guy getting blown up the other night had startled him, shook something loose, then he came driving out past the outskirts of Sacramento...

That is why you are here, Mairsil.

That did not make any sense, at least Mairsil thought it didn't. Maybe he stopped here to feed, after all, just hours ago he remembered thinking to himself how bad he did not want to drink any of the red stuff but he managed to convince himself otherwise. Yes, feeding, that actually made sense.

"Here you are, hun. You look a little pale, like you could use some more food, so I threw on an extra egg for you." The waitress' voice had a thick southern drawl to it, and it came so suddenly that it startled the Architect. He didn't reply, but only stared at the girl with his wide mad eyes; she promptly left after a moment of long awkward silence and then Mairsil's eyes continued to wander.

Mairsil stared down at his truck stop late-night breakfast platter. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast. He wished to himself that he could eat some and actually keep it down, but his "condition" no longer allowed him that luxury. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that he did not order himself the food -- at least he did not remember doing so.

Hunger can confuse even the most hardened of souls...

Maybe in his confusion he did order himself some food, after all the menu was still open in front of him. He quickly came to the conclusion that it was best not to think about it. His eyes darted around the truck stop's diner, looking to see what was going on and who's neck was available to bite. He was, for the most part, alone inside -- there isn't much activity at 1AM at a Flying-J off of I-5. There were a few trucks idling outside, and another guy in the diner area asleep with his trucker's cap over his face, not to mention the waitress -- a young looking girl with red dirty hair who looked like a typical trailer park girl with four kids.

"Surely there are better places to feed than this." He muttered to himself as he looked down at his coffee, using his heightened sense of smell to take in its pungent aroma.

Stay awhile longer, Mairsil, see what happens...

In his dazed out driving, Charlie didn't realize his tank was beginning to get low.

Damn, I can remember to feed on a hooker, buy a knife and a hotel but I forget to fill my car up.

After driving several miles, he spots a truck stop off to the right and pulls inside. As soon as he gets out he sees a car he recognizes from somewhere.

I think I've been in a car like that before.

Looking through the window, he spots Mairsil sitting down. Walking inside, Charlie slowly approaches where Mairsil is sitting and stands in front of him saying with a smile, "Stranger, you look like you could use some company."

If the waitress bringing him his food wasn't enough to startle Mairsil, then the sudden approach by Charlie was. After recomposing himself from the unexpected visit, he stared upward at the new arrival with his mad eyes for a long second -- finally deciding to gesture for him to sit down across from him at the booth.

Were you expecting a visitor, Mairsil?

He recognized this one. "Greetings, Mr. Barrett. What brings you here tonight?"

The long pause aimed at Charlie unsettles him for a moment.

Uhh, maybe he didn't want company.

His anxiety is calmed when Mairsil finally gestures for him to sit down. He takes his seat and says, "Just cruisin around the city to get used to it. Sort of getting a better idea of my hunting grounds while also trying to forget some of the more recent events." he pauses for a moment, he didn't mean to bring the sound of the explosion back into his mind but it was too late now. At least he wasn't alone this time.

"I imagine since you were actually there you're having a harder time than I am. Is that what brings you here at this late hour?"

The explosion...

Another long stare at Charlie, this one even longer than the last. There is no anger in the stare, only a curious lack of any emotion as if Mairsil is staring through him at something else. The look is quick to fade, however, and Mairsil looks back down at his coffee.

It's beginning to grow cold.

"Unfortunately that is not why I am here tonight." He picks up a spoon sitting on a napkin and puts it in the cup, stirring its contents. "I just came here for no reason whatsoever, but it is good to have company."

M
    Markos Connelly

Markos drives up the gas station and parks his bike at pump 3. He fills the pump and goes in to pay. As he walks in he senses two of his Kin in the Flying J.
    To quell the beast

Calm yourself Markos. This is an Odd place for vamps to be hanging out.

Mark walks up to the counter and pays for his gas. "Pump 3 sweets" Mark says as he hands her the money for the gas. After the transactions concludes Mark walks over to the two kin. "Evening Mates" The Daeva Says.

Charlie freezes as Mairsil stares at him, resisting the urge to scratch his head since his eyes seem to be doing that inside his brain anyhow.

He must've had the same lousy drive I just had. Waitaminute, that's not Mairsil's eyes staring at me that's got me on edge, there's another of us close by.

Charlie looks around and spots him talking to the gas clerk. He's almost relieved when the newcomer arrives, eyeing him from head to toe before saying, "Evening sir. I don't think we met. My name is Charlie" he says extending his hand.

Another of your kind approaches, Mairsil, be on alert.

Was the thought quicker than the beast, or were they one in the same? Mairsil did not have time to think about it as his arm hairs immediatly stood on end as his stronger beast growled in aggression in responce to
    Markos' sudden approach. This was supposed to be a lone night on the outskirts of Sacramento -- not some romp with half of the city's kindred population.

Nonetheless, Mr. Petrov kept his composure and gestured for the newcomer to sit across from him in the booth next to Charlie. While introductions are being tossed between the two, Mairsil continues to stir his undrinkable coffee. Finally, when it is his turn to speak he offers his hand to shake.

"I am Mairsil Petrov. So, tell me, what brings you here this evening?" His Russian accent is unmistakable.

M
    Markos Connelly

Markos takes Mairsil's hand and gives it a firm handshake, "Name is Markos Connelly." Markos looks around to see if anyone besides the two kindred are within earshot. Once he is sure no none will hear he continues with his voice hushed, "Ah have been made a Deputy here in Sacramento. Have yah both been recognized?"

Charlie almost raises an eyebrow at the question. Most of his discomfort stems from him scanning for Mairsil's reaction.

Quickly, Charlie says, "Yup I have. Lady Nateesh introduced me to him when I first got here. So no worries there."

Whew boy, judging from Mairsil's rather serious attitude, I imagine this is not the question he probably wants to answer right now, regardless if he's acknowledged or not.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread