Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Seasonal Mixture

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Sasha

As promised, the Fairest had told two newcomers of the Freehold to join her at the establishment of the Winters. Sure, she may have owned it, but it was as much Malcolm Green 's as it was her own. The place held many memories for the Freehold, and she could not let it go asunder like many had before.

Sasha had noted to the host that evening two would be joining her in the back booth. From there, they could observe the on-goings of the Note. If conversations turned into things not suitable for human ears, they could wander to the Green Room.

She wore a type of 'skater' style dress that evening; something fun but not too flashy. It was a little different than most and exposed some of her toned back. The booth was cooler than the rest of the establishment, a testament of her Mantle. She always hoped it wasn't off-putting like some people's were at times. Her current cup of coffee rested on a hotplate that plugged in down below. It was perhaps the only way she was able to enjoy a nice warm mug of it for more than five minutes at a time.

The Onyx had high hopes for the two she invited tonight. They seemed well spoken and like they wanted to truly contribute. Soon, the Fairest would find out.

OOC

L
    Lucian

Lucian was refusing to let himself stress about the meeting. Neither Sera or Mhairi had described the Winter Queen as anything other than kind. Still fresh from the cutthroat courts of San Francisco, he had trouble believing it. Maybe he was being unfair, prejudice, Court-ist. From the sound of it, whatever they were hiding under all that snow was working out better for the Freehold than much else. Not that any of it mattered when he was in no position to refuse an invitation from the highest court royalty. Didn't help that he'd just had to play with the big kids and get that meeting squared away.

He checked his slicked back hair in the reflection of a window before he sauntered up to the club proper. He introduced himself to the host and soon found himself at L'aire's booth. He'd kept his style crisp, in an all black suit, only with jeans and boots to give that rockabilly flair for the club's atmosphere. His fingers still had a few rings spread across every finger but the traditional of his left hand. He didn't have any necklaces, still keeping Spring close with a antlered collar clip though.

He gave a more formal bow of his head as he was presented in front of her. That quickly faded into a grin as he looked up, "Thanks for making the time to do this. Know it's not exactly the most pressing thing." He let his eyes dance over her face, finding in the tug of those violet eyes a reminder of those subtle charms that had been weapons of life and death in his durance. He sat down across from her in the booth, leaning forward as he looked over the crowd, impressed by how the booth's placement still left the whole club in view. "Best seat in the house, huh?" He smirked as he certainly enjoyed some good voyeurism himself, even if that sea of people was a temptation to taste the glamour they might have. Maybe he could get just a pinch once they'd finished.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green arrived shortly after. The giant Elemental was back in his slacks and a shirt; the dress shoes were of an older pattern but he had at least polished them to a new shine. Just another man out on the town - albeit a man of great height and girth.

On this night he plodded directly to the bar and pulled up a stool.

"Uh. Yeah. Beer."

He adjusted his seating while he waited on his drink; tonight he eschewed his customary place in the back booth, instead he had placed himself in full view so he could see and be seen by those who sat with L'aire.

The Onyx Queen was the friendly face of Winter, who hid her tragedy behind beauteous smiles. Green was of a more dour bent and his massive height added a subtle menace whether he wished it so or not. The Sun Banisher was present; but this was still the Sovereign's show.

Beer in hand at last, he gave the other Lost a grunt and a "Hey."

4. Likes liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

There's no such thing as a casual meeting with the people in power. Sure, Sasha seemed to be a kind person, and Malcolm didn't look like the type who used his badge and abilities for anything other that the common good of the 'Hold, but no one can truly shed the perspective of their respective office and wish it into non-existence. It was further proven by Green's presence at the bar - he probably won't be joining them, but is there to be at the back of his and Lucian's mind. "Behave... or else" was his message. They exchanged greetings, but Alexander stopped there only to order a black coffee. He needed something hot to drink - the chill in the air was getting to him, and his Mantle offered only a small measure of comfort.

When he arrived at the booth, both Fairest were there already. Compared to theirs, his own clothing of a striped suit and a tie seemed a little bland and forgettable, if elegant, but that was exactly the point. He sat beside Lucian, across from the Onyx Monarch and bowed respectfully. "A nice place. Very... fitting." he said as jazz was playing in the background. "Thank you for hosting us."

S
    Sasha

Grinning as Green took a seat within earshot, she was pleased he was there. It wasn't that she didn't trust either of the two she'd given a personal invitation, but they were new and one couldn't be too cautious. But, Malcolm was often lurking where people would least expect it. He took Harvey's reigns so well that aside from their looks, the two could have been the same person.

Sometimes she truly wondered if they were...

As the Shadowsoul approached, his penchant for uniqueness came with it. Although her violet eyes rested on the two stags upon his collar, her thoughts drifted back to gifts given a long time ago. His bow caught her off guard, and her eyes blinked a few times until she tilted her head slightly to acknowledge the revered gesture.
    "Yes, it is the best. Sometimes it's a hot commodity. There were regulars here once that would get very frustrated when it was taken by random people." She chuckled softly and shook her head.

Then too, Alexander joined them, his coffee in hand already. Again, a bow that was unexpected, mostly since she wasn't either of their Sovereigns.

"Please, there is no need for apologies. I always make time for those who want it, and deserve it." She smiled sweetly. Sasha didn't mean that there were those unworthy, but in the past there were some who were utterly so frustrating that she couldn't believe what Katrin dealt with.

"I know you have grabbed a cup of coffee, Mr. Brown..." Hinging on if that's what he wanted to be called. "But, please if either of you want a drink or something else, be my guest."

"And I hope the both of you call me Sasha, now and until otherwise necessary." Which there could be a time, but it wasn't needed. The Fairest wanted to be as down to earth as possible.

"I hope you found the place okay." The Dancer may have been a little eager at first glance of her demeanor. But she was really looking forward to talking with the two of them, she found them both so intriguing. Which was perhaps why Green had overheard their prior conversation during the Spring gathering and made an appearance.

L
    Lucian

He nodded and brought a hand up with Malcolm's grunt and greeting. Not so much a wave as just a showing of his palm, black rivulets trickling down from his fingers, in kind with the simple greeting. He cast his shadowed eyes back onto Sasha's violet set, finally meeting them. He had to admit, between her attitude and those welcoming tones he was ready to drop his guard a bit. He'd heard death by freezing wasn't all that bad, if you had to pick.

When she gave the green lights for drinks he let out a sigh, and then smiled, "Oh yeah, found it no problem. Not many Jazz clubs around. I'm so in on some drinks -- didn't want to assume, you know? But since I'm making a run, want me to get you anything?" He asked Sasha before scooting out of the booth and heading to the bar to put in the orders. He was torn on what to what to get, it really should be thematic, but settled quick on a dirty gin and tonic along with anything Sasha may have asked for when the bartender got to him.

Once he returned he'd wait until there was a break in any talk Sasha and Alexander may have started. He sipped at his own drink, running a finger across his lips to pick up any lost droplets. "So, alright, Sasha, I could use the brass tacks. Everyone's been real swell, a common enemy can do that in the short run, but I hope it doesn't sound crazy if I'm just a tad suspicious all the same. San Francisco left me a little jumpy, right?"

He liked to have a good time, and was going to have one regardless, but if he was going to break a rule he wanted to know it first. "Do you guys do turf here? You're the head of the North Pole, anything in the snowglobe that's off limits? Places ... people." His head tilted to look at the crowd of the bar, his pointed tongue flicking across the corner of his mouth before focusing fully again. "And the other clubs? I know there's a Wyrm in the apple, getting all the good stuff, so maybe it's moot right now. But the dust is going to settle eventually and I want to know if we'll be playing Wild West or not." He left his tone at that same even clip as nearly all of his speech. He didn't exactly want to come across as prowling territory but maybe it would get it out there that Spring, or at least he, had come to play with or without a Sovereign.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green watched, conveniently hiding behind his beer.

Green will sit in the background unless needed. @L'aire Selena

A
    Alexander Brown

Deserve it? Did she really say that? It either meant that there were some 'lings in the recent past who seriously angered the Onyx Monarch, or that there was more behind those violet eyes than immediately visible, some kind of agenda in which they - Lucian and himself - were to be used as pawns. Or both. Or neither, and he was just being paranoid.

"A coffe will do for now, thank you Sasha. And like I said, "Alexander" or "Alex" is perfectly fine, whichever you prefer"
    Some ice-breaking small talk. Setting the stage.

He nodded when heard the request for the Freehold Rules 101 by Lucian. Regulations were his thing, after all, the sea in which he swam the fastest. Not wanting to appear too nosy or insensitive, he waits for the Monarch to respond, and only after she is done, he says:

"If I may ask, now that the club has no president, who is governing the meetings? Making decisions, settling disputes? The most natural answer is: you, obviously, since your term has finished not that long ago, I just want to make sure. I'd also like to know if there are any club members that we missed at the meeting the other day, or were we all in attendance?"

Then, there's the dragon issue. It was a touchy subject, both because there are mundane ears about and because of how much this community had to sacrifice already to combat this True Fae.

"Speaking of the lizard let loose - do you know why this one chose to make a nest in this neighborhood? I mean, this species is not exactly known for living in urban environments, it's far more common in the deep wilderness. I'd say it's looking for something. An object... or a person."

S
    Sasha

"So, what happened in San Francisco, if you're able to talk about it loosely?" Curiously interested in Lucian's prior Freehold. It was part of feeling people out, especially for now new they were and very likable.

The one that sprung to her foremost, she had shot Green a glance a moment, but didn't really need his additions just yet. "As far as places to stay away from." Her lips moved side to side a moment. It was hard to say public ally that a giant dragon burned down the old commons, but at least there was something the paper released. "The old Four Seasons motel and dinning is one place I'd stay away from. There's still a giant sinkhole there, and it's fenced in... for safety purposes." Perhaps she'd go into detail in private another time, but it at least answered Lucian's question for now.

"Well Lucian, I hope this doesn't go all 'wild west'." She said with a half chuckle and air quotes. "There isn't really a turf, so to speak. Each side group of the Club has a meeting place for the most part. One group has been lacking more than another at times; with or without a Centipede." For these reasons, she really did wish their old Sovereigns hadn't left town. On the other hand, she wouldn't be where she was if it wasn't for that.

"And I guess for the time being, until new Presidents are picked, I'm the interim." Her tone suggested that she wasn't eager to do so, but willing if the situation called for it. There was nothing about the Onyx Dancer that would suggest she was power hungry. "Mhairi would take care of her own group, if the situation called for it." And it certainly had the last time they all met. "Malcolm, Morgan and myself are the longest residents of the club right now." She really hoped she didn't lose either of them too. "But if there is an issue, please feel free to contact me. If it is any sort of security issue, you can address it with Malcolm."

"I guess people who were 'missing' is a difficult question. There are some that have moved on without a word, doubtful that they were reclaimed by anything. But, not everyone gives notice or leaves a message if they're leaving. It's really frustrating at times." Especially when she'd cared about so many. The air became a bit colder as the bitterness of the numbers of people that left ran through her head.

The Fairest missed her two Autumn friends, she sighed a moment at the thought of Terri and Rick being gone. They would have known more about the details of Fairweather, but getting Terri to recall it may have been difficult. Realizing that the temperature had begun to fall around her, she mentally shook off the cause of it. Her head turned and her lips pursed slightly when she responded about the fire breathing destroyer. "Oh, it is definitely looking for an object or two." Recalling the books they knew of and were protecting as much as they could.

L
    Lucian

He took another drink to savor before responding to Sasha's request of information. He shrugged, "I can't say I was really in the loop there. In my club, I was really just another face. I kept my head down -- spoke when spoken to, went to every invite but only ever said what people wanted to hear. Between keeping everything at arms length and my -- puppy still running around, I tried not to be lucid for much of it."

With the way Sasha was both willing to share and welcome them both in, he relaxed into his seat. "It wasn't liberating but there was some shit starting to go down and it smelled like ozone. It was clear that if you had any marketable skill, someone was going to try to use it for themselves. When I saw others making the trip to greener pastures thought what did I have to lose?"

"Will say there was something wack about my club." He added, "I don't know how to describe it. Of course everyone was going after their desire, but I didn't get much talk about how it would help anyone move on. It was just about the consumption and, like, they would try to build you up, then cut you down. It was way shady. Like they were trying to groom people for something, or someone, but I had no clue what. Something was up in the upper levels but that was miles over my head."

He was glad to be away from it, not least of all because his own ambitions would have more breathing room. Hearing Sasha lay out the lines, and even present it without that power hungry glint he'd come to know so well, was a comfort. Not having to claw his way into anything suited him just fine.

He rolled his shoulders in his jacket as the temperature dropped. He took another drink to keep the feeling of warmth going. "Then, as acting Pres -- what are your desires?" He let the edge of his lip curl. "Safety, sure, but who doesn't want that?" He looked to Alexander with his shadowy eyes, "I'm sure we'd both like to help where we can, right? You said you could dig up records that might give a nice lead, but then what?" He looked back to Sasha, "What do you want to see happen with all these new hands on deck?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.