Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted as he received another beer. Truly the joys of life: good beer, good company, and no questions.

OK - maybe modify the last bit because the Onyx Sovereign is doing the asking:

"Um. Yeah. Pub." After all, he had to try and make things hospitable.

As if to punctuate his point, he hid behind his jug of ale.

A
    Alexander Brown

Green was downing the beers like he was trying to quench some inside flame. Alexander worried a little about the speed, but then figured it's probably not a big deal for a man of his posture, further enhanced with the endurance of stone. The Mirrorskin was content to stick to coffee - it was still quite early, and he did't feel like drinking today. Had to keep eyes open.

"Well, for me Sacramento is a synonym for fresh start, taking a breath. I mean, did you meet our fellow clubmates at San Francisco? Really nasty sort, Balkanized to hell and back, seems they've forgotten what the club's really about. Compared to this, Sacramento is heaven - plus, it's the state's capital, which means a lot of interesting people and opportunities for those enterprising enough to grab them. Like I said, a real breather."

He drank a little of his coffee, allowing the hot black liquid to spread across his body. At the Dancer's question, he chuckled softly.

"I have to side with Mr. Green here, a pub sounds nice. Clubs were never really my thing, the raves don't really allow for the deepest of interactions. Reading is fun and educating, but so is meeting new people, learning new perspectives... making new contacts." A smile. A twinkle in his eye.

L
    Lucian

Between setting in on his newly topped off drink, the Note's atmosphere, and Sasha's welcoming interest -- the seeds of relaxation were taking root. "You mean before even SF?" He paused. What am I worried about anyway -- them finding my middle school photos?

"New Hampshire. Podunk town with an East Coast accent." It wasn't that far away from the truth.

No -- They can never be found.

"I was made for the city but -- yeah, San Fran was getting a little too familiar. Got outta the corn maze so I wouldn't have to put up with the petty snipe yawn anymore. Seeing it happen all over again was a drag."

He gestured to Alexander with his drink, "Right on. Exactly -- fresh start and more than enough fish in the river. Every city's got its own vibe and I'm loving Sacramento's. Way more chill."

He chuckled as they went into the lightning round. That and anytime the mountainous Elemental made an attempt at hiding threatened a church giggle. He always enjoyed a good game though, his eyes sparkling not just in the catch of light ringing their shadows. "Man -- Alright, so we're talking like, a last meal deal here right? Had to choose?" He sighed. "I'd have to say staying in with as wild a book as I can get. I know, pretty high on the lame scale and I'd be jealous of every club photo I wasn't in but still doesn't beat it. I'd rather take a story than an empty bottle to my grave is all." He sipped at his drink and then added, "Both if we can swing it though."

"Don't count me out on that pub night."
    He kept his tone grave and even as he looked between Malcolm and Alexander. A grin cut through it, "Sounds like we're going to have to get one up and running now."

S
    Sasha

Sasha really didn't even need an answer from Green, she knew it before he even said it. She smirked to the Mountain with the understanding in her eyes.

"'I've heard of what happened there, Alexander." The Onyx shook her head with a sigh. "You're right, they did seem to forget. Hopefully they aren't reminded in a dreadful way." Although, the Dancer could understand the solace of the city. "I know what you mean, Las Vegas wasn't a picnic." Which was putting it mildly.

"I'm on the fence between pub and club. I love to dance, so that's where the club comes in. But if it's a getting to know you thing... a pub has its perks for intimate conversation." That didn't quite come out like Sasha intended, she may have struck a word in a manner that wasn't something she entirely realized until it left her lips. She flushed slightly. Did he just subtly... oh probably not.

It's also possible that her intention on the question wasn't conveyed. So they were both introverted it seemed, yet she Fairest could relate. "I appreciate solitude as well, so don't let what I do day in and day out fool you guys." Softly chuckling.

Her hand rose, gesturing to the Note. "This place is a bit more of a pub than a club. Usually jazz is softer than the noise of the club. It's a mix of both, pub and club. It's why I typically keep the announcement board up to date, so that the regulars that come in for the background music and quite chats don't flip out when there's a performer. If that makes sense."

The Dancer's hands spread across the front of her. "Another question. If you had a chance to meet or go to dinner with anyone, dead or alive, and from any period of time or any place, who would it be?"

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green had been drinking, quite contented.

The Sovereign's next question almost has him spluttering. "Um. Yeah. Eh. I dunno... Robert E. Lee?" It crept out, a tiny hint of his previous human life.

The mountain was spared any further questions or embarrassment when his phone chirped. Grunting he placed down his beer and fumbled with his big fingers.

"Uh. Yeah. I gotta go. Work meeting. Seems I have a reputation or something."

He rose, downing his beer in one measured gulp. Wiping a hand across his lips, he nodded once to L'aire before heading for the exit.

"See you round, yeah?" His eyes dropped briefly to the Summer and Spring courtiers as he passed.

Green will be leaving the scene

A
    Alexander Brown

So, here's the Surprise Of The Day: Lucian, the gothic bon vivant, would rather stay at home with a book rather than go socialize? Although couldn't be taken as a hollow or airheaded person, it still revealed new depths to this man. Seems like even the Spring is not all about partying and comparing hangover sizes.

"I agree, we should definitely meet like this more often" he responded to Lucian, only briefly noticing that there was a shade of flush on the Onyx Monarch's face... or did he imagine it? What did she try to say with it?

"These questions get harder and harder by the second, Sasha. But if I had to choose just one, I'd go for Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand, the French diplomat. Witty and dedicated, always set on achieving the greater good. I bet there could be some lessons learned from him." Despite the allergy some people had on the notions of "greater good" and "lesser evil", he truly believed such things exist. Didn't know about the others, though, so he made sure to smile politely and genuinely while speaking.

Robert E. Lee? Was the mountain-man a Confederate supporter? Granted, the General wasn't a moustache-twirling villain, but it seems to be an odd choice in California. Or maybe Green was in the military before his Durance?

However, before Alexander gets the chance to ask about any of it, the mountain moves, swallowing the beer like it was orange juice. All he has time to say to the mountain is

"Yes, see you around."

L
    Lucian

Lucian had tried hard to resist the knowledge that the crown had never truly chosen him. But the façade had shattered. His hands shook and he could barely keep his drink steady. “I’m sorry – I have to go.”

He looked to Sasha to say, “I can never know what hides beneath the snow. You were only kind and showed me the infinite beauty there. You and Green both have a strength I can only hope to find myself.”

He nodded to Alexander, “You surprised me, in many ways. You’ll be appreciated, I know it.”

He slipped from the booth and headed out, dropping what bills he had on hand at the bar. He wanted to keep the debts clean for them both.

Lucian exist the scene and Venue

S
    Sasha

Waving as Green left, the Onxy was aware he would come and go as he pleased. And the Mountain must not have sensed any threat from the two, or he wouldn't have left before them.

That relieved her greatly, but Sasha was taken-a-back as Lucian left. Aware that her court was off-putting sometimes, that felt like an amazing compliment. "Thank you, Lucian. Have a good evening." As he departed with final words.

So now it was herself and the Summer. Complete opposite seasons, fire and ice. "Well, my questions aren't intended to be difficult. They are those so called 'ice breakers'." Pausing she pursed her lips and whispered, "No pun intended."

"I'm not sure who the French diplomat is or what he's accomplished, I wouldn't mind knowing more of why he is worthy for a chat." Her violet's very interested in his reasons, but not necessarily the man in question.

Then, there was the sudden overwhelming sensation that the two of them were alone... together... at a sort of private booth. The Fairest felt a slight relapse of sorts. She felt warmer, but it wasn't from the Darkling's Mantle. Sasha had thought to mention her own answer to the question, but her mind went blank. And she felt selfish when bringing things up without being asked first unless it was for business sake. "So, is it hard?" The Dancer realized she only said part of what she wanted to ask in her head first. "Moving. I haven't left Sacramento in a long time. I think I've forgotten what it's like to have a change of scenery."

Keep it together. You're are snow, not frost.

A
    Alexander Brown

Lucian departed in a hurry, obviously distraught, and although the parting gift/compliment he gave to Alexander was pleasant to hear, the Darkling couldn't help but wonder what was it about. He was also more than alittle worried about the burdens this man clearly carried and if they could pose any danger to the Shadowsoul or the Freehold. Hoping he could find out and that they would meet again, he focused his attention on Sasha.

Chuckling, he responded to the Queen of Winter's whisper "Yeah, I know. It's just one of the traits of being a... club member to seek hidden meanings in everything. Questions like those in particular. I should know, I used them many times to appraise a person. No offence intended."

"But to elaborate, the man never lost sight of his goal, and that was for his country to prosper. A true statesman, he did not care about the honors or titles or what others will say. He believed his cause was just and had the courage and skill to fight for what he believed in, what was necessary, even if it caused his contemporaries to spit at his sight. Therefore, he was the opposite of me before I was bound with Summer." he didn't know if admitting weakness was the best thing to do in front of a Monarch. Maybe it was that the circumstances differed...greatly, since both Green and Lucian left.

Alternating waves of heat and chill were striking him, and they most definitely weren't of the supernatural sort.

"Hard? Not really in my case. See, I spend my life before... the club here, in the city. We've never met then because I left for San Francisco on the same day I was out of the woods. There was... is... someone here. Someone I've let down. I guess I didn't want to ruin their life even more."

He was rambling. No, really, he was. All the carefully crafted social defenses, all of the techniques and tricks he's picked in the past, gone. To a limited extent he was successful in rebuilding them moments after, but it was like erecting a wall using soft snow.

"But if you miss it, I think we could arrange for a... sortie of a kind. A social event or a more private thing, your call. And besides, you never told me who is it you'd like to talk with, if you had the chance."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest shrugged it physically, her shoulders gently rose and fell while he mentioned how he appraised a person. "It's not big deal, really." She softly grinned.

The Summer's elaboration made a little more sense. She nodded in understanding, but it was still curious to her. Of course, it was realm of things she didn't quite understand to begin with. "That's very insightful, I appreciate your detail." She was just a little frustrated with herself for only being worldly in one aspect, but not many others.

Without fully thinking, she asked. "Who did you let down?" She breathed, and shook her head. "You don't have to tell me, I can understand if it is a private matter. I'm well versed in that subject." More than the Onyx cared to admit.

Then there was a perplexed look on her face. "Miss what? My old club?" Maybe the Darkling didn't mean that at all. Itw as a little confusing, and her mind was reeling a little, she felt her face flush again. "I wouldn't mind a more private thing." Yet, did the Dancer really know what he was asking, either way, the smile on her face was eager to find out.

She'd lingered on his last phrase. Her violet eyes looked at him for what seemed to be an endless period of time. Sasha never thought she'd have to answer her own question, typically it never came back around. Her mouth opened and closed softly a couple times, and each of those times, she wanted to choose someone different. Finally, she looked away from Alexander's eyes and simply said, "My mother."

ooc

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.