Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Open) Vacancies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    Lucian

Lucian laid his head back against the seat of the cab while it rolled along towards Edna's. His over-sized sunglasses hid the late noon day glare from his bleary eyes. He'd done what he said he wouldn't do -- waking up at eight in the morning after what had supposed to be just one drink. He'd spent the morning in a dazed frenzy trying to stuff and jam everything he owned back into the combo of duffel bag and suitcase he'd brought it all in. There was much swearing. At least he'd managed a quick shower before stumbling out to the cab.

He was pretty sure the driver was purposefully taking their time to rack up some mileage. But since they weren't chatty and they'd left the music on what legit must have been a spa soundtrack, he was happy for the slow roll. They were kind enough to help lug the bulging and rattling bags from the trunk too. He paid using the only slightly crumbled bills from a combination of his wallet. He could even leave a decent tip with the wadded up ten he'd discovered in his pocket on the drive over.

As they drove away he stood there on the sidewalk for a moment, flanked by his bags. Taking off his sunglasses to stare at the house brooding in the otherwise cheery neighborhood. A smile came to his face. It really was perfect. He bent and scooped the duffel strap onto his shoulder, hefting the suitcase up along with it. There was some light clattering from within his poorly organized luggage while he made his way to the door. He gave a knock and then looked out over his shoulder. From the cooling shadows of the porch he could appreciate how nice a day it was. A surprisingly plump squirrel seemed to stare at him while it munched at a nut of some kind.

[mentionMhairi /Saber gave the green light for a moving in scene at spooktastic Edna's. Any other new folks, @%1; , @%1; ,that would like to do similar/visit should totally jump in, but everyone should come by for some sweet, sweet RP anyway!

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

People normally didn't knock. Or they did, but not anyone who lived here. So it might be a mail person or maybe Mhairi was finally getting some girl-guide cookies.

Putting her scroll on some oneiromancy tricks aside, and padding to the door, revealed that her hope was for naught. But at least it wasn't a door to door sales man, but Lucian instead. Mhairi opens the door, and spies the luggage that the Spring Fairest carried. The scent of night blooming flowers mingles with hers of the dead and diying leaves, as she greets the Shadowsoul, "Hey Lucian. Moving in, or stoppin' by?" The Elemental holds the door open, while asking if she could help with any bags.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

L
    Lucian

"Hey. Oh, just thought I'd bring over the brick collection, see if you needed any. Guess what color they come in?" He let fall dry from his lips. "The place sounded too good not to check out and let's be real. What am I shopping around for when this sick place has beds open?" He waved a hand with the offer for help, droplets of blackness falling from his fingertips. "It's fine. What I get for bringing so much junk anyway." He lugged his things in, a little easier once he could take advantage of the wheels on the suitcase. He tucked them up against a wall for when he'd get to actually putting them somewhere, ideally, permanent.

He ran a hand over the beautiful woodwork, the pitch black liquid cracking and flaking into smoke just as soon as it dripped over the craftsmanship. "This place really is something else." It was, the charm of it offsetting the far too similar Victorian boudoir elements that had colored his Keeper's own prison of a home. He rallied against the aversion, Screw her -- I liked this shit before She even showed up. He'd probably still avoid the basement if it was all the same to everyone.

He turned to face her fully. Under his black, fitted jacket, close enough now that it was clear his shirt was indeed mesh and he hadn't worn anything under. His pants somewhere on the spectrum between slacks and skirt. He raised his arms up to stretch, bending his lean body up and back. There was a sigh following a faint pop escaping from his back. "Feels like I've been moving forever, nice to feel like it's almost done."

He tilted his head as he looked to her from behind the shifting, glittering dark of his eyes, "How're things treating you?" She hadn't made it sound like this was a terribly formal affair from when they'd met at Quicksilver Gate. "If you're busy, don't let me spoil anything. Point me in the right direction and I bet somehow I'll find the right place. It's the one without a person in it, right?" He wasn't actually eager to do the unpacking something told him he'd put off anyway, but he had just dropped on by. Which felt like a sin in the age of cellphones but he enjoyed a little blasphemy between friends.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Today was to nice a day to think of sweating in one of her fabulous corsets, it got them gross and (don't tell Mumphert) but the Brownie did not know how to do corsets. So as the wisp held the door open for the Shadowsoul, she smiled as the breeze touched her bare arms, having chosen to wear a tank-dress, with some awesome red skinny jeans.

At the dry retort, Mhairi couldn't help but snort and shake her head. "That is exactly what I say!" As the conversation continues. "I love this place, it has character."

Mhairi nods as he brings in the few bags he brought, "It really is." Mhairi had a soft smile on her face as her fell-flames flicker about the entry hall.

She nods, "Yeah, I get that too. It's exactly what I felt when I came here. And you can stay here for as long as you want." Mhairi tries to be sincere and keep her eyes off Lucian's chest, but it's right there. Right under the mesh. She might have looked, but at least having fire for eyes made it a little more difficult to tell just what she's been staring at.

"Fairly well. Considering...everything." referring to all that he's learned during the emergency party when it was clear the Equinox passed and there was no Spring Sovereign. "Yeah, we got rooms. Alex, Nathan and Pippin all left recently, you can have one of rooms they left behind. Don't worry they've been cleaned." Fell-flames leave his chest and meet a bowl of Lucky Charms. "Don't eat the Lucky Charms. They're Mumphert's. He's a Brownie. Don't piss him off."

She leads him farther into the house, "Now to get this out of the way, I can't remember if we talked about it before, but cooking, yard work, groceries when you can pitch in, that's all you need to do to stay, there's no rent-rent. Or pressure." a soft smile.

Then like the flickering of flame her mood changes and she's chirping out, "Now I'm sure you're thirsty, kitchen's this way. You can leave your bags in the hall if you want." the wisp's already walking towards the indicated kitchen, and the cool beverages that awaited her.

The Bunny
    Artemis

MASK: Tousled red hair, pale skin and freckles. Mussed with dirt. Art often wares a coat and has a habit of going barefoot.

MEIN: A human sized, anthropromorphic rabbit creature. He has classic rabbit shaped feet, hence why he goes unshod as often as possible.
    Artemis Pledges

Artemis Pledges

PRE

There was another figure watching Edna's today. To the few mundane folk who happened to walk by he appeared lean and spare, a shrunken figure lost in a big coat, stained with ware and age. Tatty jeans poked out from under the coat. He was unshod, his pale feet crusted with dirt, but this vagrant figure seemed not to notice. Oddly, he stood on tip toes; combined with his hunch it lent him an odd affectation. Maybe there was something wrong with this pale skinned man, with his unblinking eyes and tangled red hair.

If any of the Lost had paid any attention to this quietly lurking figure they would have seen why he stood on tip toe. This Beast's feet were long and distended - more like the feet of a rabbit or a wild hare poorly shoe-horned onto human legs. They burst brilliantly from his ragged jeans. His head too, was closer to that of a rabbit than a man: long ears, beady eyes, twitching whiskers, buck teeth.

When the Fairest appears from the taxi and lumbers up to the Boarding House, the spare figure nods to himself. Persistent rumour at last confirmed, he makes his way across the leafy street. Bounding comes easy as he hops and skips across the road. As he does he raises an arm to attract the attention of whoever was at the door.

If he moved quick enough they wouldn't slam the door in his face.

"Uh. Excuse me!" You can take the man out of England, but you can't take England out of the man. His voice carries the accent of the Old Country, even if his strange appearing and poor accoutrements say something else.

Art's face is breaking into a smile. Right now he's hopeful. Hopeful for himself; hopeful for his motley. Anything to get out from under the vicious politics of San Francisco.
    The Calm March Hare
    ARTEMIS Beast: Runnerswift
    | Summer Mantle 2 (A sense of rising heat, with hints of forest humous and leaf litter)
    Fast Reflexes| Fleet of Foot 1

6. Likes Origins, liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian, obviously, assumed that she was only looking at the skeletal decoration of his shirt. He didn't mind checking out how her own dress made him feel right at home either. Nodding along until the reference to current events. "It's a real pickle. If it's not one thing though, right?" Her reassurance that the rooms had been cleaned seemed to land mixed, "Oh -- find anything good?" The internet had ruined all the best of those types of left behind finds these days, but still, he always checked under the bed.

He snaps a finger at the loss of freeze dried marshmallow snacks, "Shucks. I'll try to control myself." He stared at the bowl and then back, "Does he save the boring bits? 'Cause I'm not too good for some free cereal." He followed her through the house, fingers idly trailing over banisters and wainscoting as he drifted through with her. The talk of crude payment made him smile, "It's a sweet deal, can do. Maybe I can find a way to earn some brownie points though." He didn't actually mean in reference to Mumphert. Well, maybe -- it was a nice place and he hadn't seen them yet. Something to be said for those get the job done and nothing for yard work.

"Nice, please tell me you've got a legit cauldron." He started after her, looking down the hall to see the door was still open. He strode over to shut it, the neighbors didn't have to watch. When he'd almost clicked the latch, starting to look over his shoulder -- "Jesus!" There was a voice and then a face full of rabbit.

Lucian prided himself on being fairly pulled together. Surprise and shame had been delicacy to his Keeper and he tried to avoid showing either. Cottontail there had gotten him on the first count, at least. It had only been his head jerking to the side, the calling out, and a hard grip on the door frame, but he'd been startled.

"Sorry," he collected himself and opened the door fully again. "What's up? I'm Lucian." He stretched out his hand, ichor dripping fingers and all. As he looked at the rabbit his eyes narrowed from behind the veil of shadow. Had he seen this guy before? He'd tried not to rock too many boats in San Francisco, and that heat following him didn't bode for Spring. Lucian had been in a haze of one kind or another whenever he could get the chance, but could he have really missed a rabbit dude? A Brit too. Between being a 'ling and the particular conventions one of his old client's had loved to attend, it started to get murky. "You live here?"

A
    Alexander Brown

When you are going to a private meeting wanting to keepi it on the down-low you don't take your own car. Even more so when the ones you want to meet are magical creatures straight from another realm of existence. So he took a cab and told the driver to park a few streets away from the boarding house, just to stay on the safe side of things. It wasn't supposed to be a formal meet, so he wore only a casual shirt and some jeans, but no luggage for him - he had his own place in town, after all.

By the sound of it, someone was already inside. For a split second he saw Lucian trying to shut the doors and then the rabbit-shaped man that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He hastened his steps a little to make use of the yet-unclosed doors and entered the hall.

"Miss Ankaa, Lucian, how are you today?" He turned to the third figure "Oh, I don't think we've met earlier. The name's Alexander, Alex for short."

The place was positively magnificent. Not in that "I'm rich" bullshit kind of way, waving one's wealth like a red flag. No, it was done with "wonderful taste. I have to say, I'm really jealous of the inhabitants. If this is all your doing, Miss Ankaa, you truly deserve praise. How did you find this place, if you don't mind me asking?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Just a mess, which Mumphert liked." says the Wisp as she shakes her head, "They cleared out pretty quick." Which Mhairi understood, there was a million reasons why a ling wanted to get a little more lost. Mhairi just wished they trusted in the 'hold to keep them safe.

"He noms, or something, everything in the bowls. It's the only thing he asked in return for keep me from cleaning the toilets. So seriously, no touchy." her tone was serious but there was a smirk tugging her lips.

She nods, it was awesome, no pressure. A good community, a safe place. There's a reason why she didn't leave when she started making money. Why she accepted the offer from the false-Rick.

There a pause, "....not in the kitchen." It wasn't really sanitary to keep it where they made food to eat, but the Autumn Commons...well. There was a couple cauldrons.

Then a commotion by the door, and Mhairi moves back into the hall. "Hello?"

Seeing the Rabbit-kin, summer heat and scatting twigs and other litter around his distended feet-paws? "He dose not. But do you? Want to live here? You can, this is a safe place for Lost souls."

Then, just as suddenly as the English-Rabbit appeared, Alexander made his own appearance. "Hi?" Mhairi blinks her fell-flames flickering, motes of fire escape and flicker themselves before dissipating into glamour. "I am okay...?" it sounds like a question. "I'll stick with Alexander. We just had a Summer Alex come and go. It might get confusing." Mhairi moves away from the doorway, hoping the others would take the hint.

"It's been with the 'hold for years. Edna's Boarding House. Witch House of Sacramento. Years ago, the titular Edna, and all her Boarders were slaughtered. It's a cold case. There's no ghosts, we had a Darkling Gravewight with Shade and Spirit, check. The House came to Autumn hands after that. I can only take credit for keeping it open."

Mhairi wondered how the two Summers would take that info-dump. She already knew that Lucian's shadowy eyes would be glittering more then they already were. Bless his goth-heart.

"So Alexander are you just visiting? Or do you need a room?" Maybe it was a good thing that they had three 'holders up a leave, it looked like they needed the rooms.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    The Bunny
    Artemis

MASK: Tousled red hair, pale skin and freckles. Mussed with dirt. Art often wares a coat and has a habit of going barefoot.

MEIN: A human sized, anthropromorphic rabbit creature. He has classic rabbit shaped feet, hence why he goes unshod as often as possible.
    Artemis Pledges

Artemis Pledges

PRE

"Uh. No. Not yet." Art smiled as he hustled or, more likely, was hustled through the door by the pale and smooth skinned Darkling behind him. English politeness meant he found himself pressed up against the wall, staring at the goth-like Fairest.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-13 02:20:26 Art to remember things rolls 4 to Intelligence + Composure (10 Again) 10, 9, 4, 3, 9 3 successes

He blinks. Stares. Stares! A ghost of a memory tickles him: of a revel, early on (that he can barely remember) and good times with a pint (a [i]real[i] pint in a pint glass) at the Toybox*, which at one point was one of the Rogue's Gallery's places of safety.

"You...? I'm sure I've seen you before? Lucian?" He rolled the name around his mouth, uncertain of the taste and a whole lot more besides. "Why are you here?" Sudden thrill of suspicion. Jeez - was the Vernal Court in on the shit as well?

Turning away he bobbed his head to the starry Telluric. "Uh. Yeah. Safe sanctuary. For me and my motley. Ah they're on their way. Um I scouted ahead."

He caught the scent of decay - oh great, more Autumn! His whiskers twitched and his eye spasmed.

*I couldn't help myself. Its San Franciscpo. Its Haight-Ashbury. Its a reference to Changeling: the Dreaming. Feel free to go with it; or flame; or both.
    The Calm March Hare
    ARTEMIS Beast: Runnerswift
    | Summer Mantle 2 (A sense of rising heat, with hints of forest humous and leaf litter)
    Fast Reflexes| Fleet of Foot 1

12. Likes liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian snapped his hand back as the Mirrorskin weaved between them and into the house. “Peachy, Alexander.”

He focused back on Artemis and hearing his own name leave the man’s mouth made his jaw tense. Ah shit … but the mention of The Toybox proved it might not be all bad. A better chance at least.

He grinned and shut the door then, turning to lean his back on it as he did and putting him closer to the Rabbit. “Hey man, yeah. It’s good to see you. Just had to get away, ya know? It was starting to be a real buzzkill out there. That was a crazy night though.” Did he remember the man? Nope.* But if Artemis did really remember him, why ruin the fun?

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-13 12:15:39 Lucian rolls 6 to Bluff It Up (Manip 3 + Subterfuge 3, Shadowsoul 9 again) (9 Again) 9, 5, 5, 4, 5, 10, 10, 10, 8, 10, 6 6 successes

He followed after Mhairi as she tried to clear the entrance way. Turning back to Artemis as he spoke of motley mates. “The group’s still going? Nice.” He didn’t know the number but it was more than one. “Will we have to double up to fit everyone?” He asked, though didn’t seem particularly upset about the idea.

He sighed, with much wist, as Mhairi told the story of Edna’s again. “You don’t get to live in a place that could also host a murder history tour every day. Already got a thing to check off the bucket list and the day’s not even over.” If it wasn’t tempting to them, only lameness could be to blame from his estimation.

*Haven’t read the reference, but totally will now – I’m game for going with it from Lucian's foggy state! **In case of wanting to call him on said bluff xD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.